Status: In progress; crazy with work will update as time allows....

My Everything

Chapter 23

Chapter 23: Choices
Two days later I was a bundle of nerves. I had another doctors appointment one of which Billie really wanted to go to with me. But as circumstances had it Adrienne was coming over to discuss the situation with the boys and in one word custody.

“Jewels, are you sure you’ll be okay?” Billie asked me for the third time. I smiled slightly before putting my hands on either side of his face and pulling him towards me, kissing him.

“Yes, Billie I’ll be fine. I’m just going for a routine check-up. It’ll be fine. I’ll bring back pictures if I get some. Billie smiled at this. Shortly his smile faltered. “What is it?”

“She’s taking my boys away from me.” He stated.

“Billie I’m not quite sure what has got you thinking like this but I’m pretty sure that is not Adrienne’s intent.” I said sitting on the couch. Billie plopped down beside me.

“She’s getting married, Jewels. She’s moving away and taking the boys with her.” He said. I raised an eyebrow at him. ~This was new.~

“Since when?”

“I found out when we went to L.A. for that concert before your big announcement.” He put his hand on my stomach. “I know that I should have told you sooner.”

I decided to let him off the hook. Just this one time.

“Billie something will work out. We’ll figure this out together. I mean I’m always here and now it looks like I’m staying permanently. Everything will work out in the end.’ I said as Billie stood up and started pacing. I hated when he paced. He only does it when he’s upset.

“She’s getting married and that’s the only reason she’s moving.” I stood up awkwardly and stepped in front of him.

“Billie, are you still in love with her?” I asked. I had been with Billie for six months total now and even though he had told me that he loved me I needed reassurance every once in awhile. Especially now.

“Jewels, I’ll always love her, she is the mother of my children, but no I am not in love with her.” He replied looking at me. Reaching up he cupped my face. “I’m in love with you.”

I smiled at him. Hearing him say those few small words meant more than anything in the world to me. I took a deep breath.

“Billie, I love you too.” I gave him a soft kiss before continuing. “I may not know Adrienne as well as you do but I do believe that she will be true to her word. She will not take those two beautiful boys away from you. Just cause she’s getting married again doesn’t mean she’s changing into someone different. She may be a little different from the woman you married but she is still essentially the same woman. Not some alien from outer space. She has kept her word on everything that has involved the boys and I don’t think she will stop now. She has done that since you two split, put the children first.” Billie sat on the couch and brought me down on his lap. He kissed me gently and sighed.

“You’re right maybe I am over reacting.” I interrupted him.

“Billie, I never said you were over reacting. They are your boys. Your boys. Both are your blood and you love them to pieces. So never think that you are over-reacting when it comes to them…..unless I say so.” I laughed quietly and kissed him. “I have an idea. When Adrienne comes over today ask her if the boys can stay over for the rest of the week. Then she’ll be able to finish packing and getting wedding arrangements together and plus you’ll get to see the boys and you’ll silently be supporting her decision to get married.” I paused and slid my hands underneath his shirt. “We will also be able to talk to them more about Baby Armstrong.”

“Jeez. Don’t start something you won’t be able to finish Jewels.” He smiled kissing me once more. “ That is a good idea. I knew I loved you for a reason.” He said smiling. I rolled my eyes. “Kidding, sometimes I forget how smart you really are.”

“Well, now that I know your true intentions with me. I’m hungry come on.” I got up off his lap and made my way from the bedroom out into the hall before I heard him following me. I paused and turned to him. “Billie, I know that I don’t have very much experience in this department or the divorce department but I do really think that everything will work out in the end. Of course my Aunt always told me I was to optimistic.”

“I believe that you may be right but I thought you were hungry.” It was more of a statement then a question. I nodded as I turned back around heading down the stairs and into the kitchen.

“What would you like to eat Princess?” He asked me quietly before kissing me softly.

“Ummm….I don’t know. Why don’t you surprise me.” I said hoping and praying the whatever he was making, the smell wouldn’t make me go running to the bathroom. I didn’t want to hurt his feelings over food. I was almost over the food smells making me sick, but there were still times that it happened. I sat silently watching him make me a meal when I realized exactly how lucky I was at this moment. My life was all coming together, I was slowly getting something that I had always wanted….a true family. I knew Billie loved me and wanted me around and I knew that this baby that I was carrying meant more to him than anything in the world. I knew that I loved Billie more than anything in the world I would do anything for him.

I had already proved that I was willing to step out of his life if that was what he wanted. I just hope that it never comes to that. I knew that we were going to be a family and I knew in my heart that I could never leave Billie despite my previous thoughts. It would hurt me to much and that makes me selfish but I don’t care. Something is finally, FINALLY, going right in my life and I’m not going to let it go.

I was brought out of my thoughts by Billie placing a plate of Spaghetti in front of me. I looked up at him with a smile.
“Well I figured that since it’s your favorite that maybe it wouldn’t make you sick.” He said with a small smile.

“I knew there was a reason I liked you, well besides the whole rock god thing.” I said picking up my fork. I finished eating quickly and looked up at the clock realizing that I needed to go to my appointment now or I was going to be late. “Okay well, I guess I better go to the doctor. I’ll bring back some of the ultrasound photos and I’ll be able to point out baby Armstrong to you.”

“I wish I could go with you. I feel like I’m letting you down.” I saw a sad look come into his eyes as he talked.

“Billie, look at me.” He looked up as I went up to him. “Don’t start thinking that I think that you think your boys are more important then our child. I would never think that they are equally important and I will never think any differently. You take care of them and talk to Adrienne and work this all out. Tell me about it later. I love those boys. They are a reflection of their father, how could I not. I have to go I’ll be late.” I kissed him and turned around to find Adrienne standing there.

“Sorry to interrupt, I rang the doorbell and knocked but no one answered. I saw the cars outside so I knew someone was home…” She trailed off.

“It’s okay, I was just going to the doctor. So I was on my way out so I will leave you two to it.” I said with a smile. I was halfway to my car before I heard Adrienne behind me.

“Juliet.” She said gaining my attention. I turned around knowing that I was already going to be late for my appointment what was a few more minutes.

“Yeah.” I smiled at her.

“I just want to say sorry again for just walking in like that. I also want to thank you for loving my boys the way you do. They have nothing but nice things to say about you when they come back to my house. Ummm…I also want to tell you that I’m going to make this as easy as possible for Billie. I know that I’m moving, and getting married and I know that, that freaks Billie out. He doesn’t do well with change. Anyway, thank you. I’ll let you leave now. I’m sure I have already made you quite late.”

“Thank you Adrienne. It means a lot to me that you don’t hate me or nothing like that. Would it be alright if I sent you pictures and stuff of the baby with the boys you know after. I mean if you wanted. Ahhhh…crap…what I’m trying to say is that even though you’re not married to Billie anymore you’re still family and I want to share that with you.” I looked away from her for a second. I looked back at her when I heard her sniff quietly.

“Oh, you are really too sweet for your own good. I would love that.” Before I knew what was happening Adrienne had pulled me into a crushing hug. I looked behind her to see Billie standing on the step smiling with a slight look of surprise also on his face.

Minutes later I was driving to the doctors office still in shock of what had happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't own green day or anything associated with them. Just something from my imagination.