Status: In progress; crazy with work will update as time allows....

My Everything

Chapter 8

Chapter 8: California Bound

The past week had passed very slowly. I sat and talked to Emi about the trip.

“Hey Jewels. Let’s leave a day early. I mean we don’t have work or anything else keeping up here. It would be great we would have an extra day there and everything.” Emi said practically begging me. I looked at her.

“Hmmmm…that sounds really good but I don’t know. I mean why would we want to spend an extra day with guys. Gross. They have cooties. “ I said all of this with a straight face which was really hard for me to do.

“Oh shut up Jewels. You know that you want to go just as bad as I want to.” Emi said. She had a point. Emi was sitting on the couch talking to me when I walked in the front room from the kitchen. She was starting to be obnoxious and loud.

“JEWELS I WANNA LEAVE! NOW!” She yelled not realizing that I had walked up behind her. I smacked her on the back of the head.

“No need to yell.” She turned and looked at me. Her mouth fell open and she went silent which is a first for her.

“You like it?” I touched my now short hair. I had just got it cut and dyed; this was the first time that Emi had seen me for a couple of days. She got off of the couch and came over to me and started walking in circles around me. She did this a couple of times before I had to stop her.

“Emi, do that one more time and I’ll smack upside the head even harder. You’re starting to make me dizzy.” I said putting my hands on her shoulders making her stop.

“I like it. It’s purple and black. Good combo.” She played with it fluffing it here and there for a little while. “It’s so short. I’m used to you with long hair. I like it though. I like how you did long in the front and short in the back. Cool. I’m really glad you didn’t go blonde. Cause then it would really show.”

“Show what?” I was confused. Emi did that often.

“You’re blondeness, see you’ve already gone and made my point.” Emi smiled sitting back down on the couch.

“Fuck off. It’s not my fault I act my hair color. Its more fun that way. Plus it’s always a surprise when I say something smart.” I said. I hate when Emi does that to me.

“Whatever you say, deary.” Emi said with a smile.

“I’m going to call my mother and let her know that we’re coming a day early. We’ll stay with her one night with her but then we are going to go stay at Billie’s.” I said waling to the back porch over looking the pool, pulling out my cell phone I dialed her number.

“Hello?” A woman’s voice came over the line.

“Mom?” I asked. It didn’t sound like her.

“Juliet?” The woman asked. I rolled my eyes. I hate it when she calls me that. I knew that we could keep doing this all day long.

“Yes, I just wanted you to know we’re flying out in a couple hours. We’ll stay with you for the night. Then we are going to go to a friend’s hours and stay there for the rest of the week. So would you pick us up from the airport?” I said in a rush. The less I talked to her the better.

“Okay honey. I’ll be there.” She hung up. I really don’t think either of us were looking forward to seeing each other anymore. I went back inside.

“Let’s go chicka! I will even let you drive!” I handed Emi my keys and automatically regretted it. We put our bags into the car and Emi pulled out barely missing our mailbox. I cringed and held onto the car door handle for dear life. I also got my phone out.

“I know I said we were gonna surprise them all but I think I should call Mike. He hates surprises. That way he’ll know we are on our way unless you kill us.” I said holding the door when Emi swerved missing another mailbox. I pulled my phone out.

No time to search the world around
‘Cause you know where I’ll be found
When I come around

I opened it and hit Mike’s number and waited while it rang closing my eyes not wanting to see where I was going.

“Jay, babe! What’s going on?” He asked as soon as he answered the phone.

“Well….,” I paused to yell at Emi. “DAMN EM! SLOW THE FUCK DOWN. I SHOULD NEVER HAVE LET YOU DRIVE.” She slowed down and I returned my attention back to Mike and what I was telling him.

“Sorry I just was calling to tell you we’re leaving early. We’re heading to the airport now.” I said opening my eyes watching Emi’s speed carefully.

“You’re coming today? Well Billie and Tre will be glad to hear that.” Mike said, I could hear the smile in his voice.

“Mikey, you can’t tell them. We want them to be surprised.” I cut him off before he could say anymore or say anything to the other guys.

“Okay I get it.” He said.

“Yeah so I’ll see you all tomorrow. Tell them we say hey. Don’t forget no telling them.” I hung up the phone and looked over at Emi. She had a wide grin on her face.

“CALIFORNIA HERE WE COME!” She yelled loudly

“READY OR NOT!” I looked at here before we started laughing.

I had a feeling this was gonna be the trip of a lifetime and I for one could not wait for it to start.