Forever My Dear

Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare

There was only one teacher who called me Saint Josefine. Mr. Marion Horace called everyone by their full first name no matter what you tried to tell him. Then again, you learned a lot of things about people in Mr. Horace's government classes. For example: one hulking mass known as Spike was actually named Percy Dallas. His father was the District Attorney and his mother was a highly known and generally hated feminist. Mr. Horace knew them both personally. With that family and his name, I could almost understand why he was a bully. Almost didn't forgive him for the kind of person that he was though. I wasn't going to give him an excuses. Excuses just made things worse. I knew that for a fact and I wasn't the kind of person who allowed for making things worse either. I didn't try to make them better, it was true, but I didn't try to make them better either. I guess it kind of made me one of those pathetic mediums. A wishy-washy swing votes.

Mr. Horace's gravelly voice droned onward. He actually gave really interesting information if a person could make their brain pay any kind of attention. Sometimes he even made joke. If you couldn't listen to what he was saying you would at least know when he was joking. A smirk would tug at his lips and create an odd contrast to his usually withered and bland face. That look, if nothing else, would always make me laugh. I hadn't seen that look on his face just yet in this particular class period. I didn't doubt that, considering how far it was into the class, I would see it soon.

A light rap against the glass tickled my senses. I thought that I had imagined it at first. Another rap had me wondering what was going on. Our class was on the second floor, no one could be knocking on the window and what I had heard was knocking. It wasn't the simply smack of a rock against the window. I must have been trying to fall asleep and my mind was trying to pull something in a dream or an attempt to keep me awake. A third rap had me questioning that theory. My eyes went wide and my body still. Should I turn around or just leave it alone? Every part of me that had ever seen a horror movie told me that turning around would be a really really bad idea. I started doing it anyway. The voice of Mr. Horace began to fade the further I turned until I was facing the window and the room behind me was silent.

I screamed and threw myself out of the chair staring in horror at the face that was smiling genially at me. "You!" I screamed. Silence greeted me and I narrowed my brow as I looked back behind me to see everyone frozen. Silence drowned the room as did a kind of preternatural stillness that made me feel a little sick to my stomach. I looked back towards the window and screamed again when I saw that smiling face was now just inches from mine. "What the hell!" It wasn't a question, but the phrasing seemed perfect in this case. It didn't change the smile that tilted her lips though. A smile that was seriously going to piss me off if it kept getting thrown in my direction.

"I just froze the room," she said with an easy shrug. "You humans tend to have this objection to people randomly popping into places," she shook her head as if this was some kind of serious flaw we all unfortunately suffered from.

I shook my head, brain aching as it tried to comphrehend what she was saying. "I will repeat my previous statement: what the hell!" I demanded using the two desks behind me to push myself up and away from the woman in front of me. She surveyed me carefully not bothering to move forward even as I continued moving backwards.

"Really? I really want to know what it is with you humans," she said shaking her head. "You complain. You don't use magic. You also tend to try and use that place you guys made up, Hell, as a swear word. Why? Please, explain this to me. Besides what does what the hell even mean?"

"The same as what the fuck!" I snapped back quickly. Her eyes went wide for a moment before she giggled. She was really starting to piss me off to no end. What the hell was this woman's problem. I really didn't get her. She had to be insane. That was the only feasible explanation that I could come up with that made any sort of sense. Then lips were pressed against mine and two hands had captured my head forcing me to stand still. Not that I could have moved at first. I was simply too surprised and then, I swear she did something to me becuase I started kissing her back, something twisting in my stomach until I realized what exactly I was doing.

My hands pressed against two firm breasts and my cheeks colored as I tried to push her away. Her tongue swept across my lips and I was so shocked that I opened my mouth to protest only to have her tongue bury itself inside of my mouth. I started to do that weird thing again where she was actually seducing me as my tongue rose to try and battle her own. The soft moan that came from me told me exactly what was going on though and I started to push against her again. This time, she backed away, that infuriating grin never leaving her face as she blew me a kiss.

I squeezed my eyes shut, threw back my head, and let out a scream of furstration. Sound came rushing back to my ears and I felt myself sitting. I opened my eyes and tilted my head forward only to find that I was back in my seat and everyone around me was staring at me including Mr. Horace. "Prehaps you should take that frustration out to the hall," he droned arching a wizened eyebrow. My face was probably the color of a tomato as I shot up and moved out of the classroom as quickly as I could without running.

I walked down the hall a little ways and pressed my back against one of the cold lockers. "Oh God," I murmured. "What the hell!"

"There's that phrase again."

My head shot up and I felt myself get a little wet. God I was being stupid. I was not getting turned on by the memory of that stupid kiss or the feel of two soft, firm breasts beneath my hands. I was a staright woman for fuck's sake! Unfortunately, she wasn't alone this time and I knew this wasn't a dream as my jaw dropped. "Dustin?"

"Hey sis."
♠ ♠ ♠
"The feeling is often the deeper truth, the opinion the more superficial one." -Guesses at Truth, by Two Brothers, 1827