The Party Never Stops

Five

The pair entered the diner hand in hand with smiles on their faces; the place was nearly empty which for some reason was comforting. They followed the host to their seats and once alone, the question that had been replaying in Vinny’s head was finally out in the open; “So... About that crazy ex of yours.”

“Ah, where to begin,” She spoke jokingly, she played it off well, but Vinny could see the fragments of an extremely damaged girl. Bella was about to begin speaking when the waiter arrived, “Hi. My name is Tommy and I will be taking care of you guys today. What can I get you to drink?”

“Can I get three martinis,” Bella ordered, causing Vinny to smile, “All right, and for you; sir?”

“I’ll take a Jack and Coke—I think we’re ready to order?” He looked at Bella for conformation, she grinned; “Make me the best burger I will ever eat in my whole life.”

“Make that two.”

It wasn’t long until the drinks were placed in front of them and Bella didn’t hesitate to dive in. Vinny stared at her as she drank, a small smile formed on her lips, “What?”

Vinny shook his head with a smile of his own, “Nothing...” He trailed off before deciding to speak again a moment later, “There’s something different about you, and I like it.”

Bella’s smile disappeared for a split second at the sound of his words; Vinny noticed her obvious discomfort, “What did I say?”

“No, you didn’t say anything. A guy I dated said the same thing to me when we first met and that didn’t end too well.” Bella tried to look anywhere, but his eyes as she spoke, but he kept locking their gaze.

“This being the same guy you mentioned before,” He stated. Bella nodded and sighed, “His name was Scott, and—”

“It didn’t end well,” He finished for her; already knowing the exact words that we going to come out of her mouth. “He would cheat on me, all the time; I needed to get away.”

He knew she was holding back, there was something she wasn’t telling him and when he saw her lip quiver, he reached across the table and placed his hand on hers, “W-we would fight a lot—”

Vinny interrupted her, “If you don’t feel comfortable talking about it; we don’t have to.” Bella smiled, “Thanks.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Transition chapter; next one will be better!
Sorry I suck at updating, school is kicking my ass right now.
Comments motivate me and I'm sorry this chapter was such shit, it was a filler that was needed.
Next one will be long.

Comments.Banners.Subscribe <3