Status: random updates; but i wont be stopping.

Butterfly Fly Away

o3

Jess sauntered into school the next Monday. She didn't plan to make a "grand" entrance, persay, but everyone stopped and stared. People she'd never spoken to, were gaping, pointing, and turning to their friends to relay the gossip.
Jess Peters had changed.
She swapped her modest school skirt for skinny jeans. Her white blouse wasn't done up to the second button, but flashed a daring amount of cleavage under her white undershirt. She never bothered with makeup before, but eyeliner surrounding flashing blue eyes.
Oh yes, Jessica Peters had changed.

"We're skipping homeroom" Brittnee informed her, dragging her into the bathrooms.
When the pre-class rush had stopped, Brittnee turned away from the mirror, and faced her best friend.
"What's happened to you?" she demanded.
Jess shrugged "nothing."
"Why are you all...." Brittnee motioned to the girl in front of her "emo whore-y?"
Jess gaped "emo whore?"
"Yes. Are you on drugs or something? I'm serious, Jess. You've changed so much. The music, the attitude, now... this. It's just insane."
"Fuck of Brittnee" Jess went to walk away.
Brittnee grabbed her wrist. Jess gasped at the pain, but Brittnee was pulling her wrist around, to look at the inside.
Soft scars scattered Jess' wrists.
"What the hell, Jess? You cut now?"
Jess snatched her hand away "fuck off, Brittnee. Just, fuck off."
"I'm your best frie-"
"No you're not!" Jess screamed "you have no idea what's happening with me! Or anyone else. You're a selfish bitch. So fucking leave me alone."
Jess ran down the empty halls, ignoring the sounds of homeroom on the other side of the walls. She pushed through the doors aggressively, and stormed onto the oval, flopping down in a hidden corner.

She sat, watching everyone move from homeroom to first period, thinking about everything. She hated Brittnee. She didn't want help. She was happy with who she was. Why couldn't everyone just fuck off.
"Uhm. Are you okay?"
Jess looked up.
Keegan Andrews was staring down at her.
"Wait.. Jess Peters?"
"In the flesh" she said weakly, wiping her eyes carefully.
Keegan lowered himself beside her "what's wrong?"
"Nothing."
"Ha. Yeah. Sure looks it."
"I'm fine, okay? What are you doing here anyway?" she snapped.
"This is where us 'derros' hang."
"Oh."
"So... Everyone knows what Brittnee said to you. Jemma heard it all. I guess... you're one of us now?"
"No."
"Why not? Brittnee wont let you hang out with your old friends. Jemma hates your guts, therefore everyone else does. And... you look like one of us."
"Oh fuck off, Keegan."
Ally, Megan, Simon, Jesse and Josh joined the duo.
"Kee's right" Ally chipped in. "Besides, I like your guts."
And just like that, she was in.
♠ ♠ ♠
written to this song. check it.

rate; hate; comment;
tell me what you think. what you want.