Status: Hiatus

Choose, Choose, Choose.

Ten

So, I was having lunch with Sterling in this not so fancy restaurant that served some good foods. The restaurant wasn't so crowded, which was a good thing for me. Sterling was telling how fun his career is and I was just nodding and smiling slightly at him, pretending that I was really listening but the truth is I wasn't really listening to him. After having lunch, we walked around and went to buy some ice creams.

Sterling was a nice guy, really. He talked a lot to me and you know, he just opened up. He talked about his career, family, and friends. While I just barely said anything. I just told him about the things I'm doing with Nick right now and a little bit about Kendall and his friends. After that, he took me home because he knew that I should be home for dinner.

And on dinner, there was a very awkward tension between me and Kendall. I didn't know exactly what happened but he seemed so quiet and... upset? or mad? Every time I asked him a question, he would answer it with a very short answer or with an annoyed tone. For the first time, I decided to just brush it off but then he started to be annoying again. So yeah, I just didn't know what's going on with him and you know what, every time I tell him something to just open up a conversation, he ignored me.

So, now it's almost midnight and I couldn't sleep. I couldn't even close my eyes. I didn't know why. I just couldn't. It's like there's something inside my head that keep me awake. It's weird and I hate it. I rolled again on my bed and looked at the pictures that was glued on the board above my desk. I realized I have only been a few weeks here but I already spent my time too much with Kendall and his friends. The pictures told that. I rolled off from my bed and walked towards my desk to see those pictures clearly. There were pictures when we were having dinner, watching movies, chilling at the beach, and some others pointless pictures. I got these pictures from Carlos because he's the only one who always took pictures or recorded video.

Getting more bored, I grabbed my sweatshirts and pulled it on then walked out from my room. I shut the door behind me and walked slowly to downstairs, trying to not make any sounds. I still could hear the TV sounds from the living room and I guessed it's Kendall because Dad was already sleeping in his room. I walked to the foyer and walked out from the house. I shoved my hands into my sweatshirts pocket and started my way to the park that wasn't far from my house.

When I got at the park, it was so quiet. But I noticed Logan's car. Oh wait. What was he doing here? I walked into the park and noticed that Logan was sitting on the bench under the tree. I walked towards him and sat on the space next to him.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" He asked me and turned to look at me.

"Getting some fresh air. What about you? Aren't you supposed to be sleeping right now?" I asked back and he shrugged.

"I always come here whenever I need to think." He replied.

"Oh," was the only thing that came out from my mouth. We had that comfort silence around us. The thing that I could hear was just the sound of our breaths.

"Kaylee, I really wanna say sorry about the things I said to you this morning." Logan said, breaking the silence around us.

"Huh? What things?" I asked him, confused. He let out a sigh before turning to see me.

"You know, about that ice-skating stuff. I'm sorry, Kaylee. I didn't mean to bring that up." Logan said and I looked down at my shoes. I let out a sigh and just nodded slightly at him.

"It's okay. It's just..." I trailed off and sighed loudly before continuing, "it's about my Mom." I said lowly but loud enough for him to hear, "I was only 10 that time. It was winter so Dad always took me to the nearest lake to play ice-skating. That time, I woke up in the middle of the night because I felt sick. When I woke up I could hear my parents were arguing on the family room. I decided to just brush it off because they often argued about something at night. I went back to sleep again and just ignored that sound." I took a very deep breath before continuing.

"On the next day, I woke up and went downstairs to have breakfast. Mom was in the kitchen and Dad was watching TV. They didn't say anything. I ate my breakfast in silence and when I was done, I walked to the bathroom. Even in the bathroom, I still could hear they were arguing. I went downstairs to check it and when I was halfway there, Dad came to me and brought me with him. He said that we were going to ice-skating. Mom didn't like it when I was ice-skating with Dad because she said that it's dangerous. I ever fell when I was ice-skating and it made my elbow broke. But I just came with him and we left Mom in the house with tears and anger flooded in her. And.." I stopped again and noticed that a tear was already rolling down to my cheek.

"You don't have to continue this if you don't want to. I d-"

"And when I got home after ice-skating, it was so quiet. Mom's car wasn't in the driveway too. And when I checked her room, her clothes were all gone. I thought that she was going on a business trip, but Dad didn't say anything when I asked this to him. I waited for her to come home day and night but she never showed up. She never showed up until now. Even though it's already 10 years, I still hoped that she would come home." I stopped talking and closed my eyes, trying to hold back the tears.

"I'm sorry, Kaylee." I didn't realize that he sat so close to me until he pulled me into his arms. I buried my face in his chest and just cried. He held me in his arms while I was just crying like that, "Hey, hey. Look at me." He pulled back but kept holding my arms. I sobbed and took a deep breath before looking at him. His beautiful eyes stared right into mine. My breath caught in my throat and my heart beat faster.

"Don't worry, okay. She'll come home someday." He said, smiling to me and wiping away my tears. I nodded slightly at him and suddenly he kissed my forehead. With that, I felt so much better and calmer.

"I think I just have to go home." I stood up from the bench but he gripped my wrist, "Hm?"

"You walk alone? It's so late. It's not good for you to walk home alone on a time like this." He said truthfully and I just shrugged my shoulders, "Just let me drive you home."

"But my house is like only 5 minutes away from here. Don't worry, Logan. I'll be just fine." I said and gave him a small smile. He shook his head and stood up from the bench.

"No. I'll keep driving you home." He said and put his arm around my shoulder as we walked to his car. I just sighed and silenced because I didn't wanna arguing with him. I didn't have enough energy for that.

The car ride was silent. Nobody said anything. I kept staring at the window as Logan drove me home. As we pulled up at the house, I turned my head to look at him, "So, thanks for this, Logan." I said as I pulled him into a hug, "Thank you for being here with me." I whispered right into his ear before pulling back from the hug.

"Yeah. No problem." He said with a big smile on his face, showing that cute dimples on his cheek. I gave him one last smile before opening the car door, "Wait." He said, gripping my wrist. He pulled me into another hug and a kiss on the forehead before pulling back from the hug. I was surprised but not showing it to him.

"Goodnight, Logan. Drive safe." I said to him before stepping out of his car and walking to the porch. I waved a little at him and watched him as he started to drive away. When he was gone, I walked into the house and walked slowly to my room. I lay on my bed and closed my eyes. I thought about the moment I had with Logan earlier before sleeping with a smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 10! So, thank you so much for reading my story and leave a comment! That means a lot to me! :D