Status: Hiatus

Choose, Choose, Choose.

Fourteen

I looked out at the window, counting the car that pass by, as Dad drove off to the dance studio. So, Dad said that Annie's daughter, Michelle, is a dancer, or a ballerina, and she just finished her lesson about an hour ago. Dad said that Michelle was so excited to meet me. I didn't know how I have to feel about that because this will be my first time meeting Michelle and Dad never told me about Michelle before. And now, I'm pretty sure that Dad told Michelle a lot about me.

"She is so excited to meet you." Dad said, again, and glanced at me from the corner of his eyes.

"Really?" I asked, trying to sound interested.

"Yeah," Dad said shortly with a smile and I smiled back at him. And with that, we had another comfort silence again for the rest of the car ride to the dance studio. I tried to figure out what Michelle looks like inside my head. Is she a nice girl? Is she so skinny like the other ballerinas? And, what's the thing that made her so excited to meet me? I was so curious.

"We're here." Dad said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked around and realized that the car already stopped and we were already in the parking lot. Without any words, we stepped out of the car and crossed the street.

"So, we're going to have dinner around here?" I asked Dad and he nodded. As we walked, I noticed that Dad had a smile on his face like he was so excited about all this thing. I couldn't help but smiling as well.

"Josh," a woman, who looked like only a few years younger than my Dad, walked towards us and opened her arms. Dad hugged her and kissed her cheek. She had blond hair that fall until her shoulder and a pair of blue eyes that matched her look. By her side, there's a girl around my age with a longer blond hair and the same blue eyes that seemed sparkling. She wasn't skinny like I thought before, she's slim.

"Annie, this is Kaylee. And Kaylee, this is Annie." Dad introduced me to Annie and I stuck my hand out. She frowned and chuckled slightly.

"We don't shake hands, Kaylee. We hug." Annie said, smiling to me, and pulled me in a quick hug. I smiled at her action and hugged her back.

"And this is Michelle." Dad said as I pulled back from the hug. I turned my head to see Michelle. She was smiling to me and one thing I knew, that smile wasn't fake.

"Hi, Michelle." I said to her and hugged her as well.

"Hi, Kaylee. Your Dad told me a lot about you." Michelle said to me as I pulled back from the hug.

"I hope he's telling you the good things about me." I said and smiled, glancing at my Dad.

"Of course!" Dad said and rolled his eyes playfully at me, "Okay, we better get going." Dad said and we started walking to the restaurant.

"So, you're dancing ballet, huh?" I said, opening a conversation between Michelle and me as we walked. Dad and Annie walked in front of us with Dad's arm around Annie's shoulder.

"Yeah. I've been dancing ballet since I was 4. It's a nice and fun thing to do." Michelle answered with a smile on her face, "And I heard from John that you're making music and a singer. Is that right?"

"Well, technically, I'm on my way to be a singer. And yes, I'm making my own music with my friends." I answered with a small smile on my face.

"I wanna hear you sing. John said that you're a good singer." She said to me and I chuckled slightly.

"Really? I'm not that good. I'm just trying to be good." I stated to her and smiled. We arrived at the restaurant and walked in. The restaurant wasn't that big but it was pretty cozy. We sat on a booth that was in the corner of the room and had a conversation again. I could see that Dad was holding Annie's hand for the entire time. And you know, that smile on his face didn't go anywhere. It just grew bigger and bigger. I'd never seen my Dad this happy.

We stopped talking when the food was already on the table. We ate our food in silence and just listened to some calming random songs that blasted from the speaker. When we were done, Dad paid the bill and we talked again for a little while. After a while, we stood up and walked out of the restaurant. When I was about to walk to the parking lot with Dad, Michelle, and Annie, I heard someone calling my name. We all turned around and I saw Logan walking towards me.

"John, you can go first. I'll catch up with Kaylee." Michelle said to Dad and with that, Dad and Annie walked away, leaving me and Michelle with Logan.

"Hey," I breathed and smiled as Logan approached me, "Logan, this is Michelle. Michelle, this is Logan." I introduced them and they shook hands. Logan shoved his hands into his jeans pocket and stood there awkwardly.

"So, I just wanna say sorry and thank you for last night. You know.." He trailed off and I smiled at him.

"It's okay, Logan. You know that I just can't let you drive cause it wasn't safe. I didn't want something bad happen." I stated to him and he smiled, showing those cute dimples.

"Yeah. I should've taken care of myself you know. I should not get that drunk. Seriously, I didn't know what would happen to me if you weren't there." He said, looking me straight in the eyes, and suddenly my knees got weak.

"Then you should remember that next time, Logan." I said to him and glanced at Michelle, who was still standing beside me and looking at me with a smirk on her face, "So, what are you doing here?" I asked Logan.

"Going to have dinner then get back to the studio." He answered, still smiling to me.

"Okay, then. I think I just have to leave. See you later, Logie." I teased him as I gave him a hug. He chuckled right in my ear, making me have little goose bumps.

"See you later, Lee." He teased back and I rolled my eyes playfully at him.

"Oh, one thing!" He said and I furrowed my eyebrows, "You look beautiful, Kaylee." He said to me and waved at Michelle before walking in to the restaurant. I turned around and started to walk to the parking lot with Michelle. I could feel my cheeks turn red when he said that.

"Is that your boyfriend?" Michelle asked, making me to look at her with wide eyes. I laughed at her and shook my head.

"He is not my boyfriend. Gosh. He is my best friend! How could you even think about that?" I asked her, still not believing that she just said it.

"Well, maybe because you have that huge smile on your face and you're blushing when he told you that you're beautiful." Michelle said and I gave her a look.

"Really?" I asked mostly to myself and chuckled slightly, "Look, Michelle. He is not my boyfriend and I smile to everyone. So, if I'm smiling to him, that doesn't mean he is my boyfriend, right?"

"Yep." She said shortly and nodded slightly, "But I'm still thinking that he's your boyfriend. I can tell that by the way he acts around you." I really wanna say something to her but I decided to just keep it for myself. Why does she think that Logan is my boyfriend? I mean, how could she even think about that? That's silly. Besides, there's no way that Logan will be my boyfriend. That's just... Impossible.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanna say a huge thanks to Aly for giving me advices! That means a lot to me! :)
And thanks to everyone for subscribing / reading my story :)