Status: Hiatus

Choose, Choose, Choose.

Sixteen

I paced back and forth as I looked at the stage from the side of stage. There was a lot of people out there! My friends and family were already here but I didn't know where were they. They could possibly out there, waiting for me to come out. What if I miss a note? What if I forget the lyrics? What if I mess up? What if I faint on the stage?

"You need to calm down," I turned around as I heard Kendall's voice. He was walking towards me with his friends and Michelle. I ran towards him and pulled him in a tight hug.

"Oh my God. I'm so nervous!" I said to him as I pulled back from the hug. He put his hands on my shoulder and looked me dead in the eyes.

"Calm down, Kaylee. I'm sure you'll do great out there. You won't miss a note, forget the lyrics, or faint on that stage." He said to me like he could read my mind.

"Yeah. You'll be fine, Lee." Logan teased and I smacked his arm playfully.

"Ouch. What was that for?" He whined and I laughed slightly at him.

"For making me feel a little bit calm." I said as I gave him a hug. He patted my back lightly before pulling back from the hug. He looked me in the eyes and smiled at me. Oh God, that smile could really make me melt.

"So, we have a guest appearance for tonight. She's been in the studio with Nick lately and is a very good singer." Kevin said to his microphone and I felt my tummy turning.

"Yeah. She's a very good singer and so talented." Nick added and the crowd cheered.

"Give applause for Kaylee Jenkins, everybody!" Joe exclaimed and I grabbed my microphone. Kendall and the others gave me a group hug before I took a deep breath and walked out to the stage. I waved at the crowd as I walked towards Nick and his brothers. I gave each of them a hug before standing next to Joe and putting my mic on the stand.

"Hello there, pretty people!" I said to the crowd and they screamed louder, "So, I'm Kaylee Jenkins and tonight, I'm going to sing a few song for you with these amazing guys beside me. Is that alright?" The crowd went crazy and I took that as a yes.

Nick played the intro of 'Before The Storm'. Well, he used to sing this song with Miley Cyrus but tonight, I'm going to sing it with him. I tried my best to sing that song beautifully like Miley did. Nick looked at me and gave me an encouraging smile as I sang Miley's part. We ended that song together and when he strummed the last chord of that song, the crowd went crazy again.

"Well, now, I'm going to sing a song that I wrote with this talented guy beside me, Nick Jonas," I said and the crowd screamed. I walked towards Nick's baby grand piano and took a deep breath before starting to play it.

"Keep drinking coffee, stare me down across the table
While I look outside
So many things I'd say if only I were able
But I just keep quiet and count the cars that pass by

You've got opinions, man
We're all entitled to 'em
But I never asked

So let me thank you for your time
And try not to waste any more of mine
Get out of here fast

I hate to break it to you babe
But I'm not drowning
There's no one here to save

Who cares if you disagree? You are not me
Who made you king of anything?
So, you dare tell me who to be
Who died and made you king of anything?
" Nick and Kevin played the guitar and just walked around the stage while Joe was wandering around and mouthing the lyrics.

"All my life I've tried
To make everybody happy while I just hurt and hide
Waiting for someone to tell me it's my turn
To decide

Who cares if you disagree? You are not me
Who made you king of anything?
So you dare tell me who to be
Who died and made you king of anything?

Who cares if you disagree? You are not me
Who made you king of anything?
So you dare tell me who to be
Who died and made you king of anything?

Let me hold your crown, babe
" I finished the song and sighed in relief. The crowd erupted and cheered.

"So, that's all from me. Thank you so much for having me tonight!" I said from my microphone and gave Nick and his brothers a hug before walking to the side of the stage.

"That was so great, Kaylee." Michelle said and pulled me in a hug. I hugged her back and let out a sigh in relief. I pulled back from the hug and faced my other friends. Kendall pulled me in a group hug and made me almost can't breath.

"Can't. Breath." With that, they pulled back from the hug and laughed slightly, "I didn't miss a thing out there, did I?"

"You didn't! You did it perfectly, Kaylee!" I heard my Dad's voice and Kendall stepped aside, revealing my Dad walk towards me with Annie by his side. I ran towards him and pulled him in a hug, "You're a really great singer. I'm so proud of you." Dad said, making me almost tear up.

"Thank you, Dad. Thank you so much." I pulled back from the hug and gave Annie a quick hug. We all talked while waited for Nick and his brothers to finish the show. After a while, the show finished. Nick and his brothers walked out of the stage and smiled as they walked towards us.

"You guys did such a great job," I said to them and gave them a quick hug. Yes, I know they all sweaty but I didn't really care. They helped me a lot on my career.

"Thanks. You did great too, Kaylee." Kevin replied as they pulled back from the hug, "So, we're going to find our family. Thanks for coming and enjoying the show." Kevin said and went to search his wife.

"Yeah. I think I just have to go too." Joe said and patted my shoulder before walking away to the direction where Kevin was heading before.

"So, Kaylee, I'll be waiting at the studio if you need to meet me tomorrow. You know, to discuss about some other things. Greg and I will always be there if you need us." Nick said and smiled to me.

"Yeah. I'll remember that, Nick. I'll stop by before getting to Lucy's tomorrow. Thanks for this, Nick." I gave him one last quick hug before he walked away to search his family. Well, I couldn't thank him enough for this. He helped me a lot.

"Kaylee!" I turned around as I heard somebody calling my name. A blonde haired guy with a smirk on his face walked towards me. It's none other than Sterling Knight.

"Hey," I breathed and smiled a little. He pulled me in a warm hug as he approached me. Yeah, I did call him yesterday and tell him to come here. He sounded so excited when I told him about that. I was glad that he came tonight. And, he looked so handsome tonight. Really.

"Well, Kaylee, we're just gonna wait in the parking lot." Dad said and with that, he and the others walked away to the parking lot, leaving me and Sterling alone. I glanced at Kendall and Logan and they seemed upset and something like that. Okay, they've been acting pretty odd around Sterling lately.

"You were amazing, Kaylee. You did it very great." He complimented and I blushed at his words.

"Yeah, thanks." I replied, "Where's Lucy? I thought she's coming with you."

"She's sick. She said sorry 'cause she couldn't come. She wished you luck too." He told me and I nodded slightly.

"Well, I think I should pay her a visit tomorrow." I said and looked around the place.

"Actually, I'm thinking to take you for a walk tomorrow." He said and smiled at me.

"Sorry. I'm planning to spend my whole day with Lucy tomorrow." I gave him a half smile and he nodded slightly.

"Well-"

"Kaylee!" I heard Carlos' voice and a split second later, he appeared beside me with a smile on his face, "Are you done? We're going to have dinner together with the Jonas family right now." Carlos added.

"Oh, okay." I turned to see Sterling again, "So, I'll call you later about that?"

"Yeah, sure. Have fun, Kaylee." He gave me a hug before walking away. I turned around and pouted at Carlos. He looked at me curiously and raised an eyebrow.

"What's with that face?" He asked as we started to walk to the parking lot where everybody's waiting.

"Nothing." I muttered and he let out a sigh, knowing that I hid something.

"No need to lie to me, Kaylee." Carlos said, making me to let out a sigh. We both stopped walking and realized that it's only a few feet away from the parking lot. I could even see Kendall leaning on his car, "So..."

"What's up with your best friends, Carlos?" I asked him and he shook his head, "Kendall and Logan." I added and he nodded slightly.

"They're fine." He said and I could tell that he's a little bit unsure with his words.

"If they are, then why did they act odd and cold around Sterling? Tonight is not the first time. They acted like that when Sterling picked me up to have lunch together a few weeks ago. Even Kendall glared at him! What's up with that?" I rambled.

"Maybe they're tired?" He said unsure.

"Sterling is my friend and he's a nice guy. Why they act like that? I don't get it. It's like they hate him. He's a really nice guy, you know." I said and sighed loudly. I looked at Carlos' face and he looked like he's been thinking so hard. It's like he wanna say something that he shouldn't say to me. I was curious.

"Look," he sighed before continuing, "I don't know about that, okay? Maybe they're not in a good mood. Don't worry, Kaylee," he said and I let out a sigh, "Besides, I think Sterling is a nice guy too." He said with a smile, causing me to smile too.

"Yeah, he is." I muttered and looked around.

"Oh, I get it now. You like him, don't you?" He asked, making to look at him, and my eyes widened, "Oh come on! It's obvious!" he exclaimed and grinned.

"What? No!" I said and I could feel my cheeks gone red, "Okay. Let's go. The others are waiting for us." I grabbed his wrist and continued to walk to the parking lot. I still could feel myself blushing because of Carlos' words. Actually, I didn't really need to blush because of those words. I mean, I didn't like Sterling in that way. He's just a friend, isn't he?
♠ ♠ ♠
Song credit: King Of Anything by Sara Bareilles. I really love this song! :D
Thanks for reading, commenting, or subscribing this story! :)