Status: Hiatus

Choose, Choose, Choose.

Twenty One

Kaylee

I was sitting on the pool side with my legs hanging in the water. Michelle & Maddie were out to buy some groceries with Tony and James while Kendall, Michael, Carlos, and Logan were playing video games. Kendall's house has been such a mess for like a week. The only people that have a want to clean it up were just Carlos and I. Every time any of us make a mess, Carlos would be like 'hey! clean it up!' and they would be just like 'ah. we'll clean it later'. If after 5 minutes they still wouldn't clean it, Carlos and I would.

"What are you doing here all alone?" I heard Carlos' voice from behind me but I didn't bother to turn around. He approached me and sat next to me with his legs hanging inside the water.

"I'm thinking." Well, I did. I was thinking about Logan, Kendall, and Sterling, and the situation around them. I didn't know what happened between them, but the thing I know, Logan and Kendall would flip and ask too much questions when I mentioned 'Sterling' or said something about him.

"Thinking about what?" He asked and I looked around to make sure that Logan or Kendall or both of them weren't here. I took a deep breath and sighed loudly.

"Kendall, Logan, and Sterling." I breathed and shrugged my shoulders, "Do you know what's happened between them? Because every time I talked about Sterling, they would ask too much and you know, being so overprotective of me. I hate that, Carlos. They make me feel like I'm a little girl!"

"They love you, you know." He said and I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Well, Dad loves me too, and my friends love me too, and I'm pretty sure you love me too. But they don't ask me things like that!" I let out a loud sigh.

"Who said that I love you?" he teased and I shot him a look, "Maybe they just don't want something bad happening to you." He reasoned and it kinda made sense to me.

"Something bad? Like what?" I asked, confused.

"Um, I don't know. Maybe..." he trailed off, "A thing called cheating or lying behind your back or-"

"Whoa. Stop there. Cheating? We're not even dating! Yet." I said and chuckled slightly.

"I'm pretty sure he's going to ask you when you meet him again." He grinned and I gave him an odd look, "Well, I have a feeling about that." He shrugged his shoulders and smirked at me.

"By the way, I have to change my clothes right now because he's going to be here in 30 minutes. We have a date." I stood up and walked in to the house and straight to the guest room that I claimed as my room. Sterling told me to wear something casual because he said that we're going to walk in the beach again. Well, he knew that beach is always my favorite place for a date.

After I dressed up, I put on a little make up and checked the time again. I only had 5 minutes before Sterling got here! I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my bag after making sure that I have everything in it. When I was about to check my phone, my door cracked open.

"Kaylee, do you have any plans for to- oh, wow. Where are you going?" I turned around and saw Logan standing in the doorway, looking at me upside down.

"Um, a date." I answered casually and checked myself for one more time in the mirror, "Do I look okay?" I turned to ask Logan.

"Um, you look horrible." He teased with a laugh and I shot him a look, making him to turn serious, "Nah, you look beautiful." He said with a smile, causing me to have some silly butterflies in my stomach.

"Oh, thank you, Logan." I smiled widely at him and walked towards him to give him a hug. As we parted, the doorbell rang, signaling that Sterling just got here. I grinned widely, "By the way, that's my cue. Sterling just got here!! Wish me luck for my first date, Logan. I love you, best friend." I gave him one last quick hug before rushing out of my room and leaving Logan alone in my room.

~~~~~

Logan

I walked downstairs and to the family room where everybody could be, and I was right. Well, not everybody because Maddie and Michelle were in the kitchen. Only Carlos who wasn't playing video games. Kendall was busy with his phone and he seemed upset. I cleared my throat and caught everybody's attention, "Did I miss something?" I gave Kendall a look and he shrugged his shoulders.

"She talked with me before she left and while you were playing video games." Carlos spoke up, looking up from his phone.

"She told me about how you two acted when she talked about Sterling. You know what, I have this feeling that she's going to find out that you guys don't like it if she's with Sterling." He silenced for a while, "I'm pretty sure that Sterling will make it official with Kaylee tonight." My jaw dropped as I heard Carlos speaking.

"I don't care if she finds out that I don't like him. I mean, it's already obvious that I act like I don't like him which I really do. I mean, look at what you did to me in the past! I know, past is past and we should just leave it behind. But I don't want the same thing happen to Kaylee!" Kendall spoke up, earning an odd look from Michael.

"I'm pretty sure he's still going out with Lucy behind Kaylee's back!" Kendall added and shook his head in disbelief.

"How could you say that? I mean, do you have a proof?" I asked and Kendall sighed.

"Well, I don't have any proofs but I'm really sure that he's still going out with Lucy. I don't get it why he didn't break up with Lucy if he wants to go out with Kaylee. Doesn't he know that Lucy and Kaylee are best friends? He may know about that, right?"

"I remembered seeing Lucy, Kaylee, and Sterling together at a coffee shop on the other day. They were talking and laughing and I swore I saw Sterling holding Lucy's hand on his lap. I didn't see it clearly and I was pretty sure that they were holding hands." James butted in.

"What are you guys talking about?" Michael asked, getting confused of the conversation that I just had with Carlos, Kendall, and James.

"Well, we have an-overprotective-brother and a-guy-who-doesn't-know-how-to-show-his-feeling here." Carlos answered and Michael gave an odd look again. Kendall sighed loudly and told Michael the whole story.

I was thinking about Kaylee and what she's possibly doing with Sterling right now. First off, I know he's going to have dinner with her and impress her because he's a pro on things like that. Yeah, Kendall told me about that. He accidentally met a girl who dated Sterling before and the girl said that he's a pro on things like that.

As Kendall told the whole story from the start, Michelle and Maddie showed up and listened too. Michelle looked so confused. I could really tell she had a cloud on her mind. She opened her mouth a few times, like she's going to say something, but then she closed it again.

"Wow. I honestly can't believe it. I thought he's a really great guy." Maddie spoke up and looked at her twin.

"Yeah. I admit it, he looks like a gentleman and cool, but after hearing your story, I changed my mind." Michael said and shrugged his shoulders.

"Since when you like Kaylee?" Michelle asked at me for the first time.

"Since the first time I laid my eyes on her. She looks great in her own way. Many girls dress up and wear make up to look beautiful, but she's different. She doesn't have to dress up and make up to look beautiful. Even she looks beautiful in her worn t-shirt and basketball shorts with her messy ponytail. And don’t forget about her talent. She has such an angelic voice and she plays piano beautifully. She's such a great girl." I rambled as I remembered of Kaylee. Her laugh was so contagious. Her smile was so adorable. Everything about her was great and perfect for me.

"Before you ramble any further about my sister," Kendall smirked at me and I just rolled my eyes at him, "I have to tell you guys this. Just pretend like we never have this conversation before. Pretend like you guys don't know anything about the issue I had with Sterling. Just act like you guys like him and fond of her friendship or whatever-the –thing-she-may-have with Sterling." We all nodded and got back to whatever we were doing before.

I borrowed Kendall's guitar and walked out to the backyard. I sat on the pool chair and played some random chords while waiting for nothing or Kaylee to come home. I was so deep in thoughts. I like Kaylee. A lot. I think the whole wide world know that. Even I kissed her at Carlos' party on the other day. I was a little bit drunk that night but I can remember it so clearly. She was so shocked and I just left her like that. She might not remember it. She might already forget about it because the only person that's on her mind was only Sterling.

"Where's Logan?" I heard Kaylee's voice from inside the house. I had no idea how long I've been staying outside the house because Kaylee's already home.

"He's outside." Kendall answered and a split second later, I heard the door sliding and footsteps coming closer. I pretended like I didn't notice her but actually, I noticed her. I noticed every single movement of her. I could hear her footsteps and her quick breaths like she's been running for 5 blocks.

"I don't know you can play guitar." She giggled and I looked up, giving her a smile. Her hair was pulled in a messy bun and giggles escaped from her mouth like she's so happy.

"Why you look so happy?" I asked her, still smiling, and ignored her statement. She sat on the pool chair across me and put her bag on her lap. A smile never faded away from her face.

"I'm so happy because I just had such a great night." She smiled so widely and sighed in dreamy. I frowned and put the guitar on the space beside me.

"I guess you have a few words to say to me about your date with Sterling?" I shrugged my shoulders and she laughed slightly, bringing a great feeling to me.

"Actually, I have a lot but because it's almost midnight, I'll just tell you my point." She sighed in dreamy again, making me so curious.

"Okay, then. I'm listening." I gave her a smile and she looked at me dead in the eyes with a smile on her face. Suddenly, Carlos' words crossed my head 'I'm pretty sure that Sterling will make it official with Kaylee tonight'.

"I just got a boyfriend with great personality and stunning blue eyes named Sterling!!" She exclaimed and her eyes lit up, like a girl on Christmas day. She immediately hugged me and squealed in excitement.

"Oh, wow. Congrats." I was really lack of words. I felt like I was buried in a deep hole or being thrown by tons of bricks. She pulled back with a wide smile on her face. Oh god, she's so happy about her being with Sterling, "I'm so happy you're finally with him. I know he's such a good guy."

"Oh, Logan. I thought you're going to say some bad stuff about Sterling. I thought that you don’t like Sterling all this time. But I know you're not going to do that to me, aren’t you? You're my best friend, right?" She laughed at herself and shook her head.

"Of course. I'm so happy for you. You deserve a guy like him." She grinned and stood up from the chair, "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to call someone before I sleep. Goodnight, best friend. Love you." She kissed my cheek before rushing in to the house and leaving me alone. I groaned and buried my head in my hands. I lost her. Yeah. She went with somebody else. The worse part is I know that her boyfriend is still dating with one of her closest friends. No. The worst part is I pretend like I'm so happy for her, like I'm fine with it, like I don't have any feelings for her. Okay, I don't even care about whichever the worst part is. One thing I know is I'm being a bad friend for pretending like I'm so happy for her while I'm definitely not and knowing something bad about her boyfriend. I really have no idea what I'm going to say to her if she finds out that I know her boyfriend's dirty huge secret and not tell her about it. She may hate me forever and I may lose the chance for getting together with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! I'm sorry that I haven't updated in a long time. I was on vacation for past 2 weeks with my family and school has just started in Indonesia. I was so busy since Monday and I didn't get any chance to turn on my laptop and write this chapter. But, I'm sick and skipped school today, making me to have a time to write this chapter. Anyway, I typed this chapter on my phone so yeah.. I was such in a hurry! :D

By the way, thanks for sticking me all this time and I'm sorry, again, for lack of updates lately. Leave some comments so I know how you guys feel about this chapter or this story. :D

xo -Lela :)