Status: Hiatus

Choose, Choose, Choose.

Six

Logan

It's been a few days since I drove Kaylee to the studio. And until now I still can't get her out of my mind. I still can't believe that she kissed my cheek. Oh gosh. Was it real? I was feeling a little bit glad when I realized that she was already going away when my cheek burned in red. Until now, I still can feel it how she kissed my cheek. Oh wait. What am I thinking? Do I like her or what?

"LOGAN!" Carlos' voice snapped me out of my thoughts, making me turn to see him.

"What?" I asked him and smiled innocently. He shook his head and sighed loudly. James came and sat on the chair across me.

"What has gotten into you? You seem so quiet and daydreaming these few days?" He asked and I just silenced, "Is it about a girl?"

"Yes, it is." James piped in. I raised an eyebrow at him and laughed slightly, "Well, it's about Kaylee, actually. Am I right, Logan?" He asked, causing me to stop laughing, and raised my eyebrows at him again.

"What? You've gotta be kidding me, James." I lied and faked a laugh. How can he know about this? I didn't say anything about her to him, did I?

"I could tell by the way you blushing and looking at her in the car a few days ago. You look at her in a different way, Logan." James stated and I froze in my seat. What am I supposed to do now?

"Really, Logan? Really?! But she's Kendall's cousin-slash-sister!" Carlos said and his eyes lit up, "But just tell us and don't you dare to lie to us." He said and high-fived James. I eyed them curiously and both of them were looking straight at me. Okay, they want my answer.

I looked around the food tent to make sure that Kendall isn't here before answering, "Look, I don't know, okay? Sure, she's a good girl, funny, beautiful, interesting, and stunning. But-"

"Why don't you ask her to a dinner? It's not a date but you know, just to get to know each other." James cut me off and I sighed loudly.

"First, that's a good idea. And second, he's not done talking!" Carlos said to James. Why does he seem like he's so excited about this thing? Weird.

"Guys!!!" Kendall showed up and cut me when I was about to open my mouth again. Wow. This is just great! I got cut off twice! "We get a day off for tomorrow and I was thinking to spend the day on the beach. Well, James can go surfing and Kaylee can get a tan. How does it sound?" Does he really mention 'Kaylee'?

"That sounds great!" I exclaimed and James & Carlos agreed with me. Kendall pulled out his phone and called someone that I assumed as Kaylee. Once he's done, he sat on the chair next to James and started a conversation about the show with James and Carlos. I pulled out my phone and bit my lower lip to hold my smile as I looked at the picture on my phone, looking at a picture of Kaylee sleeping. Oh gosh, she's so cute! and I guess I like her a lot.

~~~~~

On the next day, I was so excited. I couldn't even sleep last night because the shadow of Kaylee was crossing my mind every time I closed my eyes. It's like I can't do anything to get her out of my mind. I helped her setting the towel on the sand because Carlos and James are already surfing while Kendall is going with them too. It's still early and the beach isn't crowded yet which is a good thing for us. We all decided to go this early because we tried to avoid the crowded beach.

"So, I was wondering about this after I drove you to the studio. What are you doing there? Are you gonna be a singer or something?" I asked as I lay on the sand that covered by towel next to her.

"Well, you wanna hear the long story or the short one?" She asked me as she lay beside me.

"The long story, of course." I answered, glancing at her from the corner of my eyes.

"But promise me that you won't tell Kendall about this. I'm doing this for his surprise birthday party." She said, turning her head to see me, and I nodded at her, "Good." She breathed.

"Well, so I met a guy named Nick in London a few months ago. He played in West End with my friend. When we were having dinner together, my friend asked me to sing a song. So, I did it for her. But this Nick guy was very impressed. Then he said that it would be nice if I could work with him. He writes songs and produces other singers' songs. Well, he's in the band with his brothers named Jonas Brothers." She explained.

"So, that's the main reason why I moved here. He wants me to be a singer because he said that I have this ability to be a singer. For the first time, I didn't believe him because I'm only singing when I feel upset and sad. But I asked Grannie and she said that it's worth to try. So, that's why I'm here." She said with a smile in the end.

"Besides singing, are you writing your songs too?" I asked at her, trying to get to know her.

"Yes, most of it. But now, Nick helps me to write more songs. Well, I wish Kendall is helping me too, but I realize that he can't know about it until his birthday." She answered.

"Logan!! Kaylee!! Come here!!" Kendall shouted.

"No! I'm going to get a tan here not playing in the water with you!" She shouted back, causing me to laugh slightly.

"I think I'm just going to join the guys." I got up from the towel and took off my t-shirt.

"Wait! Can I ask you something before you leave?" She asked and I shrugged my shoulders, "Can you help me to put this on my back?" She asked as she handed me her sun-block lotion. I grabbed it from her hand nervously and watched her as she took off her t-shirt. I gulped nervously and took a deep breath before putting the lotion on her back.

Oh gosh, is it just a dream? I put the lotion all over her back and massaged it a little. Well, I thought that would make her feel good, "Done." I said and she turned her back to face me again. I gave her the lotion back and she put it in her bag.

"Thank you, Logan." She said with a very big smile then kissed my cheek.

"No prob, Kay." I said, smiling to her, and walked towards the guys. I could tell that my cheeks burned in red again. Gosh! Why is she being so cute all the time?

"Psst. Your cheeks are burning again, Logan." James teased as I passed him by.

"Oh, shut up, James." I muttered at him and rolled my eyes. I glanced at her again and she was talking to someone on the phone. She laughed at the phone, making me to smile a bit. Why is she looking so beautiful today? Gosh. I can't even take my eyes off of her!