Status: Hiatus

Choose, Choose, Choose.

Nine

"It's Friday, Friday
Gotta get down on Friday
Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend, weekend
Friday, Friday
Gettin' down on Friday
Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend.
"

"Stop singing that song, Kaylee. Please." Kendall whined to me but I ignored him.

"Partyin', partyin' (Yeah)
Partyin', partyin' (Yeah)
Fun, fun, fun, fun
Lookin' forward to the weekend
," I ended the song and giggled like crazy.

"Yeah! Give it up for Kaylee Jenkins, everybody!" Carlos exclaimed and I stood up from the piano stool, turned around, and waved to the crowd. The crowd meant Logan, Kendall, Carlos, and James. They clapped their hands and I waved at them like I was done having a concert or something.

"Kaylee, I love you!!" Logan and Kendall acted like a screaming fan on the same time and I blew a kiss for them.

"I love you too!!" I said and blew a kiss for them again then we all burst out in laughter. Seriously, what were we doing? We have been too crazy for today.

"Kaylee, can you please sing again?" Kendall asked.

"Hm what about you and I sing 'Two Is Better Than One' together?" I asked him back as I sat with them on the carpeted floor. We all sat in circle and Kendall sat right beside me.

"One, two, three, four." He strummed the guitar and started to sing, "I remember what you wore on the first day. You came into my life and I thought 'hey, you know this could be something'. Cause everything do and words you say, you know that it all takes my breath away. And now I'm left with nothing."

"So maybe it's true, that I can't live without you. And maybe two is better than one. But there's so much time, to figure out the rest of my life. And you've already got me coming undone and I'm thinking two is better than one," Kendall and I sang together.

"I remember every look upon your face. The way you roll your eyes, the way you say. You make it hard for breathing. Cause when I close my eyes and drift away, I think of you and everything's okay. I'm finally now believing." I sang the part and felt like someone watching me. I glanced at Logan who was sitting across me and I was right. He was looking at me while I was singing.

"Maybe it's true that I can't live without you. And maybe two is better than one. There's so much time to figure out the rest of my life, and you've already got me coming undone. And I'm thinking, ooh. I can't live without you, cause baby, two is better than one. There's so much time to figure out the rest of my life but I figured out with all that's said and done. Two is better than one, two is better than one." Kendall and I finished the song and I let out a soft sigh. Realized that Logan was still looking at me, I blushed. I glanced back at his eyes and still, he looked at me with a look that I could never tell.

James cleared his throat, making me almost jump. I stood up and sighed a little. There's a silence until my phone rang and I grabbed it from the coffee table. Sterling. I smiled a bit then ran to the backyard to answer the call.

"Hello?" I answered, smiling a little.

"Hey! Still remember that we're gonna have lunch together, right?" Sterling said through the phone.

"Of course! Why would I forget that?" I said to him and chuckled slightly. I sat on the grass and looked around.

"Hm, I don't know. Maybe because I have this feeling that you're going to forget it because you're too busy making music?" He said and chuckled slightly to the phone.

I rolled my eyes before saying, "Actually, I'm not at the studio right now. And I think I'm not gonna be so busy like that until I have to sleep at the studio. I still have a life, you know."

"Yeah, yeah. I really thought you're gonna spend your whole day at the studio." He teased.

"Actually, I've ever thought about that. But then I realize that I still have a life and family to hang out with." I said to the phone and noticed that there's a basketball near the swinging.

"Well, I think you shouldn't think about it again. Haha." there's a silence, "So, I'll see you at 12?"

"Yeah. Later, Sterling." I hung up the phone and stood up from the ground. I shoved my phone into my pocket and walked towards the swing to grab the basketball. I dribbled it as I walked towards the hoop and shot it. I ran to grab the ball, dribbled it again, and shot it to the hoop again. I kept repeating it until sweats running down to my body.

"Nice shoot." I stopped as I heard Logan's voice. I turned and saw him walking towards me with a smile on his face. Such a cute smile.

"Thanks." I said to him then dribbled the ball again and shot it to the hoop. Logan ran to grab the ball and passed it to me. I caught it from him and shot it to the hoop again.

"You like to play basketball, huh?" Logan asked as we kept repeating it again. He would pass the ball to me then I would dribble it and shoot it to the hoop.

"Yeah. I play it since I was 6. Dad always taught me how to play basketball, softball, and ice-skating." I answered him.

"Ice-skating? That sounds fun." He said again.

"Yeah, it was until.." I stopped talking and mentally slapped myself for almost saying the things that I shouldn't say. Logan stopped passing the ball to me and walked towards me. He looked straight at me and I suddenly looked away, avoiding his gaze.

"I didn't mean to bring it up. I'm sorry." He said, caressing my arm, as he held the ball with his other hand. Then he moved his hand to my chin and lifted my head up. I couldn't help but looking at his hazel eyes and suddenly my heart beat faster, "I'm sorry, Kaylee." He said as he looked into my eyes, giving me a small smile.

"It's okay," I muttered then looked away, "I gotta go." I said to him, suddenly feeling a little bit nervous, and took a few steps back.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I'm going to have lunch with Sterling." I said to him and I could tell that he looked at me in a different way and his smile fell.

"Oh, okay." He muttered and shrugged his shoulders. I gave him one last look before turning away and walking back into the house. I ran to my bedroom and straight to the bathroom to take a shower. When I was done, I dressed and put on natural make up. I didn't know what I was doing though. Why would I dress this formal? I'm just going to have lunch! Not a date or something!

I walked out from my room to the family room again and found the guys sitting on the couch and watching TV. I walked past them to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of orange juice from the fridge. I opened the cap and took a long sip. Then I walked back to the family look, earning some looks from the guys.

"Where are you going?" Kendall asked me as I took another sip of my orange juice.

"Lunch with Sterling." I answered him shortly and he gave me a questioning look. James and Carlos shared a look before turning their heads to look at me again.

"Who? Never heard that name before." He said to me, shaking his head, and I let out a soft sigh, "He's a friend?" He asked again.

"Yes, Kendall. He is a friend." I said to him and rolled my eyes. A few minutes later, I heard the knocks on the door, "That must be him." I muttered and walked towards the front door. I took a deep breath before opening the door. And I was right. It's Sterling, "Hey." I greeted him. He's wearing a nice shirt with jeans and sneakers.

"Hi. You look beautiful." He said to me, making me blush a little bit.

"Thanks. So-"

"Kaylee, who's there?" Kendall said and a second later, he appeared. He stood beside me, "Oh. This must be Sterling, huh?" I glanced at him and I could feel he tense up a little bit.

"Yeah. So, Sterling, this is Kendall, my cousin. And Kendall, this is Sterling." I introduced and they shook hands. Kendall seemed so uneasy and I thought that it would be better if I just go, "Okay. So, it would be better if we just go now. I'll see you at dinner, Kendall." I gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek before pulling Sterling by his wrist to his car.

Sterling opened his car door for me and I glanced at Kendall and Logan who were standing in the doorway. Both of them seemed so uneasy and upset. I found it weird how Kendall reacted to Sterling. It's like there's something that he doesn't like from Sterling. I took a glance at Logan and he gave me a weird look. It's like there's a fire burning in his eyes or something like that. Jealousy? I don't know. It's just... he gave me a look that I could never tell.