Just Say You're Not Into It.

02

I leaned forward, placing my hands on my knees to ultimately prop my head up. I knew I'd had a little bit too much.
"Dude, if your sister pukes in my car-"
"She won't Carlos, I promise. Right Dri?" I could acknowledge their words, but responding to them was a different story.
"Alexandria?" My brother was starting to sound panicked, but I knew if I moved, or opened my mouth, more than words would come out.
"Allie, come on." I felt my best friend's hand on my lower back. I shut my eyes. Everything spun, so I opened them again. mistake I quickly opened the door in the very moving car.

"Alex! What the fuck is wrong with you?" I knew Carlos would be much more upset if I puked in the car. My brother turned to face me and the door I was now holding open.
"Pull over." I was relieved he'd understood my current state. Carlos did as my brother requested. As soon as the car stopped I opened the door fully and emptied my stomach onto the pavement below.
"James, how much did she drink?" I took deep breaths through my nose and tried to focus on the conversation between my best friend and my brother.
"As far as I know, just a few shots- " I held up a finger.
"One shot?" James corrected. I shook my head.
"Bottle." I breathed out.
"What the hell, Allie?" I could tell by his tone, my brother was not happy.
"Fucking. Sorry Kendall." I managed to choke out before vomiting once again.

After a few deep breaths, I decided I was done and shut the car door, resting my head on the closed window.
"Are you okay Allie? James asked, taking my cold hand into his. I nodded. The rest of the car ride back home was silent and tense. When we pulled up in front of the house, I was the first one out of the car, instantaneously throwing up in our rose bush. I tried to suppress it by taking deep breaths.

"Come on Allie. Let's go in and lay down." I could tell James was wasted. I could hear it in his voice. He didn't slur, it was just different. James proceeded to pick me up easily and carry me inside, swaying ever so slightly with every step. He laid me down in my bed and shut the lights off on his way out the door. 1:27am. I laid awake for what felt like hours before drifting into an uneasy sleep.