Just Say You're Not Into It.

03

It'd only been about an hour before I woke up again, still feeling drunk and looking for my older brother. I decided to step outside to smoke a cigarette, finding exactly what I was looking for.
"You didn't tell me Logan was here." I said, having noticed his car out front when we pulled in earlier. My brother turned to face me.
"Well, maybe you'd have known that if you and James never insisted on going to that party. He got here right before Carlos and I had to come save your drunk ass." I knew he was still upset about earlier.

"Look, Kendall. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for needing your help and I'm sorry for snapping at you before." He sighed.
" Dri, I don't mind helping you, but tonight was a bit drastic. What if mom would've been home? You would've been fucked." Now it was my turn to sigh.
"You're right." I looked down at my feet.
"C'mon, let's go inside. Its kinda cold out here." Kendall nodded towards the door.
"Uh." I felt my stomach lurch and looked around frantically.
Not on the pool deck. Not on the pool deck.
I hurried for the screen door, trying to make it to the grass. However, I failed, vomiting all over the pool deck and myself. I felt hands around my waist guiding me inside and towards the bathroom.

"Get cleaned up Dri." Kendall shut the door behind him and I took a seat on the edge of the tub.
"James!" I didn't think my voice was loud enough, so I started yelling, screaming, for my best friend. The door swung open revealing Kendall's best friend, Logan.
"What do you want Alex?" he asked in a hushed tone.
"James." I replied simply.
"Well, he's passed out."
"Where's Kendall?"
"Outside, cleaning puke off the pool deck." There was a pause while Logan surveyed my current state. "Shouldn't you be in the shower? Your mom's supposed to be home soon." My mind went into a state of panic before I leaned forward and threw up into the open toilet. Tears came and they were uncontrollable.

"Sh. Alexandria. Its okay. Its okay." Logan tried to assure me while turning on the shower behind me.
"Come on Alex." I wiped my eyes on the back of my hand and stood, slipping off my shoes and jewelery. As I did so, Logan attempted to leave before I called him back.
"Logan, wait." He turned back around to face me before I turned my back to him and pointed to the zipper on the back of my dress. "Help me?"
Almost instantaneously, I felt his fingers fumble with the zipper before pulling it down. This action was quickly followed by the sound of the bathroom door shutting. I pulled my clothes off fully and stepped into the warm shower. I struggled to get the vomit out of my hair. Actually, I just struggled to take a shower in general. Whatever asshole said showering was a sobering experience, lied. It just means you took a shower while drunk, which was proving to be quite an ordeal. I ran my fingers through my hair a few times to make sure I'd gotten everything out. When I was satisfied, I shut off the water and stepped out of the shower. I stared in the mirror at my paled complexion and tired eyes before brushing my teeth, wrapping a towel around myself and shuffling down the hall to my room. I pulled on a pair of shorts and an over-sized Aerosmith tshirt before wandering back down the hall to Kendall's room. I didn't bother knocking before shoving the door open. I was once again faced with Logan, laying across the bed.

"Where is everyone?" I asked, while turning off the bedroom light that seemed to be blinding me.
"Carlos and James are passed out in the back room and Kendall's straightening up the house." I nodded as I laid on the opposite side of my brother's bed.
"I'm just going to sleep in here tonight." I exhaled and closed my eyes. "You can sleep in my bed if you want." I added, before burying my face in the pillow.
"Are you sure?" I mumbled and agreement, and felt his weight leave the bed. I listened to the door open and close again before noticing the hushed voices on the other side of the door. The door swung open again.
"You sleeping in here Dri?" I knew Kendall had expected it. I frequently spent the night with my brother. It made me feel safe. I felt Kendall's weight on the bed and quickly moved towards him, cuddling into him. This had become a custom since we were very small. since our parents split.