Just Say You're Not Into It.

04

The sunlight now pouring into Kendall's room through the blinds was just enough to give me a painful headache. I tried blocking the light by covering my face with the comforter before hearing my name.
"Allie! Kendall!" I shook my brother awake. He groaned before our mother's voice rang out again, snapping him awake.
"Alexandria! Kendall!" Now, if you knew my mother, you'd know she never called me by my full name. I stared at my brother wide eyed, before we both simultaneously jumped off the bed, quickly exiting our room to find my mother in the kitchen. Everything seemed normal. Kendall and I exchanged nervous glances.

"I apparently have to leave for Tampa today." Since my mom was a sales representative, she did a lot of traveling, and today, she was heading to Florida. I grabbed a bottle of water from the refrigerator before sitting at the bar next to Kendall and across from our mom.
"So how was Chicago, mom?" Kendall asked, referring to the trip she'd just returned from at the early hours of this morning.
"Oh, it was beautiful!" My mother's excitement caused shock waves or pain to course through my head the same way the light had this morning. I excused myself and walked to my room to get Tylenol.

When I opened the door, I noticed a figure stir in my bed.
"Morning." Logan croaked out.
"Morning." I replied before popping a few pills into my mouth and swallowing dry.
"Hangover?"
"You have no idea." With that, I left my room once again, the bottle of Tylenol now in my hand. I quietly opened the door to our game room. The large tv was playing music videos on mute and Carlos and James were both asleep on separate couches. I left the bottle of pills on the table in front of James, knowing he'd want them when he awoke. When I returned to my room, Logan was gone. I took this opportunity to get dressed, then retreated back into the kitchen, where my mom was still going on about Chicago. Logan was now sitting where I was earlier, next to Kendall. She took a break from her story to face me.

"Oh, Andria. I got a call from your chemistry teacher yesterday. You're failing his class with a 27%?" I stopped dead in my tracks.
"Uh- " There was a long pause.
"Bring it up." She warned. I felt my phone vibrate from my pocket and pulled it out.
"Or that, is mine." She continued, while pointing at my phone. I nodded, showing I'd heard her and read my new text message from James.

Come here

I walked past the bathroom on the way back into the game room, and heard the shower running. Assuming it was Carlos, I pushed the door to the game room open, where James now sat up on the couch.
"How're you feeling?" His voice was soft, a gesture which I appreciated.
"Hungover." I joked as I sat down next to him, leaning my head on his shoulder.
"So- " James was cut off by Logan popping his head in the room.
"Hey, Alex. I have to work today, but I can catch you up in chem after nine if you want." I nodded my head.
"Thanks Logan." I gave him a small smile and he exited the room again, leaving us alone again.

"So, " James continued.
"How do you feel about a classy night?" I smirked. To us, a classy night meant getting dressed up and getting completely plastered. I considered it lucky my mom traveled a lot. It gave me the security of being able to drink in the house.
"Fuck yeah." I kissed his cheek and stood up to leave.
"I'm going to take a nap." James laughed lightly as I exited and returned to my bedroom. The bed was now made and the curtains were open. Thanks Logan I laid on top of the blankets, back facing the incoming light, and drifted into sleep.