Just Say You're Not Into It.

05

"Hey, Allie. We're going to go practice for a little. Mom's leaving around five for Tampa." My brother spoke as he shook me. I groaned.
"What time is it now?"
"Two. I'll see you later Dri. I love you."
"Love you too." I heard my door shut again and fell back into easy sleep. When I finally woke up on my own, I found a note on my nightstand, written in Kendall's always awkward handwriting.

Hey, drove mom to the airport. Tried to wake you. See you around six
<3- Kendall


I glanced at the clock. 5:42pm I decided to take a shower and start getting ready for our "classy night". I walked down the hall to the bathroom. I left the door open and put music on in my bedroom to break the silence that filled the house. This silence that was almost unbearable. The lack of people in the house was getting to me. I'd gotten so used to having at least one of the boys in the house at all times. Mom loved them. Sometime more than myself or Kendall. At least, I thought so.

When I was done in the shower, I straightened my long dirty blond locks and perfected my cat eye make up before pulling my dress and heels on. I evaluated myself in the mirror, finally deciding to top my look with bright red lipstick. I quickly cleaned up after myself and snuck back into my room where I pulled a full bottle of Tequila out from the depths of my closet.

I proceeded to the kitchen, where I began lining up shots on the counter. I heard the door unlock and my brother and my bestfriend entered. Both boys eyed me down as I continued pouring drinks.
"Last night wasn't good enough for you Dria?" I stopped what I was doing and looked up.

"Lighten up Kendall. Do a fuckin' shot." I tipped my head back and did one myself. Kendall reluctantly reached for one. I watched my older brother wince as the liquor tore down his throat. He shook his head vigorously, as if it'd get the burning sensation out of his chest. I laughed.
"James and I need to take you out more." I glanced up at James, who was now clad in black skinny jeans, a white Vneck and a black vest.
"Well, you look sexy." I commented while holding a shot glass out to him. He happily took it.
"Here's to- " We both raised our glasses as i racked my brain for something clever to say.
"Here's to being classy." James finished for me. We clinked our glasses before downing another shot.

I poured a few mixed drinks for Kendall, and by a few, I mean several. It didn't take long before Kendall emerged from his bedroom, dressed in tight black pants and a white button down, whose sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, all topped off with a red tie and his red vans.
"Awh Kendall, I'm so proud of you! And look! We match!" I smiled up at my older brother and handed him another drink. I quietly excused myself from the loud music that was now filling the house to step outside to smoke. A cigarette was held loosely in my lips as I opened the front door, and I was quickly reminded of my prior commitment to catch up on chemistry, as Logan stood before me, clearly about to have knocked on the front door.

"Uhm. I- . Uh. I forgot, but I'm still down to study." I added a quick smile and tucked the cigarette behind my ear.
"If you want." He said simply, stepping inside and taking in the scene before him. Emptied bottles, half- filled drinks, and Kendall sitting on the kitchen table with James, both drunkenly singing incomprehensible lyrics along with his guitar.
"Out back?" I suggested over the noise. Logan nodded. I grabbed my chemistry book and met him outside. I sat opposite from him and watched him as he spoke about eh chapter. I wasn't exactly listening though.
"And a covalent bond is- "
"I have a question." I interjected. Logan seemed a bit taken aback by my sudden outburst.
"Okay, shoot."

"Why aren't we friends? Like, I've known you as long as I've known James and Carlos, from back when you all started playing hockey with Kendall, but you're still more of Kendall's friend, instead of both of our friend." He didn't miss a beat as he responded.
"What does this have to do with chemistry?"
"Not a damn thing. So, why not?"
"We don't really know each other, for starters. I mean we do, but. " He shrugged.
"Why though? You've been hanging around here for the last eight years." I didn't give Logan time to answer,

"Here. I'll start. I'm Alexandria Louise Schmidt. I'm seventeen, I smoke cigarettes and I can play the piano. Friends and family think I have alcoholic tendencies. Oh! And I think you're cute." I sat there confidentially.
"Your turn." I confirmed, smirking.
"Okay, well. I'm Logan Henderson. I'm eighteen and I don't approve of you smoking. I play hockey. I do well in school and I think you look beautiful tonight." I could see him start to blush.
"Very smooth." I complimented while leaning back in my chair and lighting my cigarette from earlier.

"Really Alex?" I knew he was referring to the cigarette.
"Fucking stop calling me Alex, or Alexandria. Use Allie, or Dri, or Dria. Just something! You sound so formal when you talk to me."
"Sorry Allie." Something about his awkwardness was adorable to me. Wait. What? Logan? Adorable?

I wasn't sure if it was the tequila talking, or what. I mean, it must have been because my next move was more bold than even I'd like to admit. I leaned forward and kissed Logan over the table. The kiss was short. So short, in fact, I could hardly feel his lips against mine. I didn't wait for him to say anything, or for a reaction of any sort. I simply stood up straight and walked back inside, downing a shot on the way to my bedroom.