Fiction

1\1

Now I think I understand
How this world can overcome a man
Like a friend we saw it through
In the end I gave my life for you


---

He stared up at the sky, clutching his cell phone in his left hand. He couldn't believe what he had just done to the girl he loves, he broke her heart, on purpose to. Though, he did it so he couldn't hurt her anymore. He's always been a promiscuous person, she tried to change him, and she's lived through the many times he's cheated on her. He never knew why she stuck around for the heart breaks or never said anything when he cheated on her. Did she know he didn't mean to? That it was bound to happen anyways? Did she love him that much? She ignored the problems that he gave her, the bullying that she was put through in school because she was his girlfriend.

He let out a breath and shoved his phone in his pocket and pondered on many thoughts that were stuck in his head. He thought about the girls he's fucked, and the best friends he's screwed over more then once.

He knew he was a horrible person, why didn't she?

---

Gave you all I had to give
Found a place for me to rest my head
While I may be hard to find
Heard there's peace just on the other side


---

Tears leaked out of her clear blue eyes, as she stared at the cell phone sitting on her lap. How could he just break up with her? This was bound to happen, and she knew it. But she didn't expect him to do in such a nasty way, calling her a stupid bitch and a loner. She bowed her head, the tears dripping her off her face and onto her lap, some droplets hitting her phone. A small sob escaped her lips as she remembered all the good memories they shared, her small, pale hand gripped her cell phone and she threw it at the wall, watching it break on impact.

How could he do this to her?

After she endured so much for him, after she got over all the the times he's ever cheated on her, because she loved him and didn't want to lose him. She got up off her bed and walked over to her dresser. Underneath the dresser, there was a note book, and a fancy looking pen. she pulled those out and reached further underneath the dresser, pulling a small silver box out.

She sat down on her knees and opened the silver box, pulling out a bottle of pills. They were to keep her depression at bay, she stopped taking them the day he asked her out. She could remember it like it was yesterday, and for a moment, she felt a tingle of happiness. But that tingle was replaced with a jolt of sorrow, anger and betrayal.

She set the pills down and then picked up the note book and the pen.

She opened the note book to an empty page in the back, and she started to write.

---


Not that I could
Or that I would
Let it burn under my skin
Let it burn


---

Dear Oliver...

I'll be gone by the time this letter reaches you. But I don't think it would matter to you anyways after you ripped my heart in half. I'm not writing this to make you feel like shit, I'm writing this because I want to properly say goodbye to you. So hear me out please?

I know you broke up with me, but I'll never understand why. I never did anything wrong, I guess you didn't love me like I loved you. Do you want to know why I never fought with you, or did anything when I found out you cheated on me? Why I never gave a reaction to the harsh bullying the girls at school gave me.

It was because I truly did love you, not that you noticed. And I thought if I fought with you, or complained about anything, you'd leave me and never come back.

But I guess you were going to do that anyways.

So, this is a goodbye.

Sincerely,

Hope.


When she was done the letter, she wrote something at the top of the page 'Promise me you'll never feel afraid' Oliver would know what she meant.
---

Left this life to set me free
Took a piece of you inside of me
All this hurt can finally fade
Promise me you'll never feel afraid


---

Hope stared at the bottle of pills that rested in the palm of her hand. She took a deep breath and opened the pill bottle, it was filled more then half way, and she was sure if she took just enough, it would be considered lethal. Something inside of her was reluctant to do this, but she didn't listen to what was inside. She popped open the bottle and brought it to her lips. She swallowed almost all the pills that entered her mouth in the five seconds she left it at her mouth for, the rest, dropped to the ground and spilled around her.

At least when she's dead, she'll be able to make up her own world of fiction, where he'll never leave her.

---

Not that I could
Or that I would
Let it burn under my skin
Let it burn


---

The next day was a tragic day, her parents found her laying on the floor, beside the note book addressed to Oliver, dead. There was a small hint of a frown on her face.

Her parents called the ambulance, but there was nothing they could do for the already dead girl.

The next week was a week of sadness, for her family and friends.

---

I hope it's worth it, here on the highway, yeah
I know you'll find your own way
When I'm not with you

So tell everybody, the ones who walk beside me, yeah
I hope you find your own way
When I'm not with you tonight


---

Oliver was sitting in his basement playing video games with his best friend Corey when he received the phone call. While he listened to Hope's parents explain that she OD on her anti-depressants and died, he was devastated. They asked him to come to her funeral tomorrow because she had left some thing behind for him. He said yes, not because of the letter, because he wanted to get one last look at her beautiful face before she died.

"Dude, c'mon, let's finish our game!" Corey yelled impatiently.

Oliver glanced at him, feeling fresh tears leak from his eyes and spill down his cheeks.

"Whoa, dude, what's wrong?" Corey asked, lowering his voice to almost a whisper. He's never seen Oliver cry before, in the years he knew the boy, this was the first time.

"Hope... She killed herself." Oliver chocked out, "And her parents want me to go to her funeral tomorrow."

Corey blinked and let out small sigh. He hugged Oliver and then got up.

"Can you go home Corey? I need some time alone." Oliver muttered.

Corey nodded his head, and he didn't say a word as he left the house. He couldn't help but feel sorry for the boy.

Oliver curled up on the couch and shut off the game, was this his fault?

---

I hope it's worth it, what's left behind me, yeah
I know you'll find your own way
When I'm not with you


---

The next day, Oliver attended the funeral, dressed in all black. He sat through everything in his own little word. But when the time came to say goodbye to the deceased girl, he got up and walked behind her parents, his head bowed low.

He didn't really want to see her lifeless face, but he had no choice, it was the right thing to do in his mind.

When it came to his turn, it took him a couple minutes to turn and look at her face. It was still beautiful as ever. A small smile crept onto his face as all the memories with her flooded into his mind, and somewhere inside of him, he wished he never broke up with her. She was the best girl friend he's ever had.

"Hope. You don't know how much I miss you right now. When your parents called me and asked me to come to your funeral, I couldn't believe it, but somehow I knew they were telling me the truth. I can't help but think it's my fault f-for..." He sniffled, trying to keep himself composed, but the tears were threatening to fall, and his voice was cracking. "you death. I'm sorry babe, I really loved you, I just didn't want to hurt you anymore. Yes, I'm a dick, I'm a stupid fuck for putting you through all that shit, but every time I did something wrong, you kissed me and smiled."

His voice was rendered to a whisper and he let the tears fall, picturing in his mind that same kiss and smile.

---

So tell everybody, the ones who walk beside me, yeah
I know you'll find your own way
When I'm not with you tonight
♠ ♠ ♠
I cried writing this, because I thought of The Rev the whole time. I hope this was good o-o.. .
& Critique please?!

Ps, Let's just say he read the letter at the start of the funeral that I failed to describe. o-o