Status: ongoing so comment ^-^

Wedding extra

Prologue

‘We are going to miss the flight,’ he yelled, running across the concrete and into the path of a fleet of taxis.

‘Do you notice how we never get taxis in the city but ten minutes out at the airport they are lined up like begging dogs?’ I asked, txting Jub as I walked across the bay.

‘One of these days you are going to be run over,’ he said, yanking me onto the path.

‘One of these days you are going to break your back by carrying all that stuff around,’ I replied.

‘These are my essential, I had to leave all my stuff back at that charity place because you lot wouldn't let me take more than 3 suitcases,’ he huffed, pulling me out of the way of a golf cart.

‘Jub says hi,’ I informed him, taking out my Netbook.

‘Well you can tell Jub that I said-’ he stopped, a look of sheer panic crossing his face as he looked at the large clock that hang above the doorway.

‘We missed the flight. We missed the flight. No, this cannot happen. We only have a small space in time to get past those gates and all the other flights are booked out and…’ he babbled. Grabbing onto my arms he began to hyperventilate.

‘I booked us in at 2:17am,’ I told him, glancing at the time on the screen. It was now 1 o’clock.

‘Really… Why?’ he demanded, startling a passer-by who had been looking at him in concern.

‘I’ve travelled with you before. I know your flight-time melodrama and your packing habits,’ I said, accessing the airport data base to make sure that the flight was on schedule.

‘What melodrama?’ he asked, offended.

‘The one that gave that lady back there a heart attack,’ I said, starting to walk towards the door again.

‘It’s not my fault I thought that we were leaving in the afternoon- like normal people,’ he said. Hefting one of his many suitcases over his shoulder he walked into the abandoned airport centre. I followed, a whoosh of air hitting me as I crossed the threshold. Snapping shut my Netbook I looked up to see Ashton a good 15 metres ahead of me. He was also heading in the wrong direction.

~~~xoxox~~~

‘Why was no one here for us? Surely one of them would come to see us to our new home,’ he grumbled.

‘I would’t be surprised if most of them were still in bed,’ I said.

‘Well, they could of gotten up early since we are family,’ he muttered dropping the suitcases in a heap on the doorstep. Didn't matter to him that most of us weren't blood-related, to him we were his family.

‘Did you forget the keys?’ I asked.

‘I didn’t know we had keys,’ he said, pulling out some gossip magazine from his bag. Giving the building a once over I let out a sigh of exasperation. They had left a bathroom window open.

Grabbing onto a window ledge I climbed up onto the door frame that was conveniently placed below said window. From there I unhooked the window and climbed inside, nearly slipping on the basin it was so clean.

‘Kimberli, what house number was it again?’ Ashton called out. Sticking my head out the window, I looked down at him.

‘This better be the right house.’

‘Well, the door is open…’ he trailed off, giving me a fearful glance as he scampered inside.

‘Boo,’ some guy yelled behind me in a fake accent, wrapping their arms around me. Rolling my eyes I took Julian’s hand and flipped him onto his back.

‘You would never kick a man while he is down,’ he said with his usual English accent, smirking up at me. I raised an eyebrow.

‘Would you?’ he asked, his smile faltering.

‘No blood on the new bathroom tiles, they are quite frankly impossible to clean,' Jared said, pushing Julian back on the ground with a mop.

‘This is how you defend yourself?’ Julian asked, incredulous.

‘We are two separate people even if our genetics are near identical. It is time that we separate and become our own people,’ Jared said.

‘Is there a cleaning roster now?’ I asked Jared, ignoring the withering look that Julian was throwing us. This bathroom was organized and spotless- very unusual for this lot.

‘No, Lucy just goes around like a whirlwind whenever she comes around,’ he said, rubbing his neck while giving me a weary look.

‘She’s not the only person cleaning is she?’ I asked. Julian slowly turned around onto his belly and attempted to crawl away. I pushed him down with my foot as Jared whacked him over the head with the dripping mop head.

‘Well, they kinda broke up so I am keeping the place tidy until we can find a cleaner. You’d be surprised how fast mould grows,’ he told me, looking at the walls worriedly.

‘Uh-huh,’ I said. Walking around the set of twins I ran to the stairs and took them two at a time.I was starving.

‘Kimberli,’ Jub yelled, plucking me off the bottom step. Spinning me around a few times, he had the biggest smile plastered across his face. Setting me down on the ground again he handed me an envolope.

‘It was on the door step,’ he said, laughing.

‘You drinking raspberry fizz again?’ I asked.

‘It’s nummy,’ he said, pouting as he walked away. If I hadn’t seen his birth certificate then I would never believe that he was 19.

Walking around the house I found an empty room to read. Once I had sweeped the room for bugs, that were everywhere, I sat down on the bed and opened the mysterious envolope. Or more accurately I tipped its contants onto the bed, just in case of things like itching powder and dye.

First a solid card fell out that was honeysuckle with black script all over it, but before I could get a proper look at it though a small note fluttered out catching my attention as it slowly fell onto the bed where it rested face up with my name in capitals.

KIMBERLI REDMAN (-assuming that is still your name that is.)

I hope you receive this invitation with an open mind and heart ( not that I am saying you are close-minded with a ice cold heart as I do not know you.) On Tuesday the 5th of July I will be marrying your sister and I plan on making this the happiest day of her life. If you will comply I wish to have you attend the wedding as a guest as a surprise. She among others miss you greatly and wish to see you again. If you do RSVP please tell them you are one of my Wedding extras as I do not want your identitiy known.

Thanks- Marcus

Ps. please meet my brother on the 23rd at the south entrance to Maris Park if you have any concerns

The note was a scribble on a piece of refill that looked like it had been hurredly ripped. Screwing the evenlope up I went on a hunt for a bathroom in which I flushed it. Sighing I began thinking about the possibility of goint to that wedding. Tiresome. I would not go, saving me the bother of dress, shoes and enough lipgloss to cover my fake smile all weekend.

'You never told me you had a sister,' Ashton said, pointing an accussatory finger at me.

'I guess I forgot I had one,' I said, grabbing the invitation out of Jub's hand and the note from Ashton's.

'Well, I just called them and arranged it so we could all go and meet your wonerful family,' Jub gushed, offering me a hug.

'They sent me away when I was nine because they thought I needed to learn discipline and I have not heard from them since. Also they have a family tradition of becoming cops,' I informed them.

'Oops..'

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Thnx for reading ^-^

Share the love and...

comment

subscribe