Status: completed

Because I Can't Have You

your radiance astounds me more than once in a while.

“I like fucking Sarah. She’s soft and nice and things. She doesn’t … she doesn’t need me to take care of her like that.”

“Just with credit cards and stupid presents. See, that’s your problem. It’s all materialistic now. You don’t have to say anything ‘cause you can just buy her off. When it us, you actually had to do something to keep me there.”

“Well, I guess it wasn’t enough then.”

“It wasn’t you. It was me. But I love you. I never stopped.”

“Too much, too late. Or something, I guess.”

“You’d take me back in a second if I asked you to. Don’t give me that ‘too late’ shit.”

“You’d never ask.”

“I might.”

“Bullshit. At least I wasn’t cheating on you.”

“It’s not cheating when you have permission.”

“That’s one way of putting it. I stopped fighting with you. I didn’t give you permission. I would have lost my voice if we fought every time you screwed someone else.”

“And if you wouldn’t have been trying to play all those stupid games, I wouldn’t have fucked anyone else.”

“I don’t want to fight with you! Okay? I just … Christ, we’re not even … just get out, okay? I can’t … not anymore, Ry. Jesus.”

“I love you.”

“Fuck you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Dialogue credit to Dru.