Status: finished

Eyes For You

A Dozen Roses

There was no turning back. I was standing outside of Roxanne's house; a bouquet of roses in my hand. She has to say yes to me this time, I though to myself.

I lifted my shaking fist and knocked on her door. After a few moments I heard footsteps making their way to the door.

She opened the wooden door and rolled her eyes. "Really, Duchene," she began, "a bouquet of roses and you all dulled up with a cheesy smile? You really think this is going to get me to say yes? Give it a rest already."

My smile fell, but only a little. I held the grin on my face and replied,"Look, just hear me out. Yes my intentions are to get you to go with me to the dance, but not for the reasons you think. I'm not like all of the other jocks at our school. I'm not the player you accused me of being. All those girls you see me with at school, that's as far as it goes, it's all an act. Truthfully, I've never had a girlfriend I have always been too involved with hockey to even think about having one."

Then I think I saw it, her beautiful white teeth, just barely peering in between her gorgeous lips, her cheeks turning a light pink color. I had embarrassed her. Groaning she said, "Fine, I will go with you, only because I feel sorry for you and on this one condition-"

"What's that?"

She took the flowers from my hand and answered, "Don't let this go to your big hockey player head. It is a benefit dance, not a date, or anything remotely close to a date. Understand?"

A chuckle escaped my throat as I nodded, showing i acknowledged that this was nothing more than a charity event, or so she believed.

"You can come in while I get ready. It won't take me too long." she said opening the door wider, exposing an open living room.

I awkwardly walked in, taking a seat on the black leather couch. My eyes following her perfect body as she ran up the stairs towards her bedroom.

I sat in silence looking around the room noticing pictures of Roxanne on the mantel above the fireplace. A smile formed on my face as I studied each and every one of them, she was beautiful. My favorite was one of her in a white sun dress. She appeared to be by a pond of some sort, the grass coming up to her knees. She was an image of perfection with her sun-tanned body and loose blonde hair falling to her shoulders, her hazel eyes glistening in the sunlight. I would give anything to make her mine.

Thirty minutes, or so, passed when I heard her footsteps coming down the staircase. As I peered around the corner I saw her coming towards me in knee-high, navy blue halter top dress that showed just enough skin without being too revealing. She was the definition of class with the way her hair draped beautifully around her face. She looked absolutely gorgeous and I was speechless.

"Quit drooling, Duchene." she said snapping me out of my trance.

Walking over to her and I placed my hand around her waist. "You look beautiful."

Again she blushed looking down at her feet, this time a rose color filling her cheeks. I was beginning to break her down. As if instantly realizing she was letting her guard down she picked her head up and said, "Ready to go?" and bolted for the door.

I reached into my pocket for my car keys. "As long as you are."