Status: finished

Eyes For You

Starry Night

The night was coming to an end and I wasn’t ready to bring her home just yet. We had had an amazing time dancing, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that she was a natural born dancer. The way she glided across the floor so gracefully. Not wanting the night to end, I pulled her close and whispered in the ear as the last slow song of the night came to a close.

“Do you want to get out of here?”

Looking up at me she replied, “Sure,” grabbing my arm to lead the way.

As I opened the door for her to get in my truck she spoke, “That was a lot of fun Duchene.”

Smiling I said, “I’m glad you had fun. Is there any specific time that you have to be home?”

Shrugging she responded, “No. My parents told me to stay out as long as I wanted. I don’t generally go out a lot. Most of the time I stay in my room.”

Not knowing what to say I turned on the radio to cut through the silence. As I continued to drive I thought to myself, there was one place that I could take her. A place that I knew she would appreciate just as much as I did. It was time to put the last trick up my sleeve, into action.

"Where are we going?" she asked as we drove past her street.

Taking my eyes off of the road and looking at her, a cheesy grin on my face I said, “It’s a surprise, I promise you will love it.”

A few minutes later we arrived at a long dirt road, nothing but trees and the night sky surrounding us.

“You’re not trying to rape me are you Duchene?” she asked sounding somewhat concerned.

“I would never do anything like that Roxanne, I promise. Just wait and see.”
Pouting she rested her head on the headrest and stared out the window as we drove deeper and deeper into the woods.

Coming to the end I put the vehicle in park and looked over at her, her expression priceless.

“What do you think?”

We were at the top of Mars Hill overlooking Lake Alabaster, in the distance the town of Hossman, the lights glistening in the cool night air. The mountain tops cutting through the clouds like a knife slices through butter. It was a place I had discovered while aimlessly driving around one day, it was where I came to do all of my thinking.

“This is beautiful Matt. How did you ever find this?”

“I was just driving around one day and decided to go off-roading and this is where I wound up.”

Unbuckling my seatbelt I got out of my truck and walked ovr to her side, opening the door and escorting her out.

"Can I have this dance?" I asked.

She looked at me, puzzled. "Duchene, there isn't any music."

Smiling I turned the radio up, scanning through the stations until I found a slow song, stopping on “God Bless the Broken Road” by Rascal Flatts.

"Now, can I have this dance?" I asked turning to her, offering my hand once more.

Blushing slightly she answered, "Absolutely," and took my hand.

I wrapped my arms around her waist, as we swayed back and forth. The headlights of the truck casting our shadow on the valley below us. We were a mere silhouette to the town looking up at us.

Roxanne mumbled somethin as she put her head against my chest.

"What did you say?" I asked.

Looking up at me she smiled, "This is perfect."

I smiled in triumph and pulled her closer, feeling her shiver I guided her to the bed of my truck, grabbing a blanket out of the back seat. I laid down first and she laid beside me cuddling up beside me underneath the comforter, resting her head on my chest, the both of us gazing up at the night sky. We talked about everything under those stars. We talked about my mother, hockey, our dreams and jobs. We talked about school and college, our friends, hobbies, even hockey for a little whole. Anything you can imagine, we talked about it, the hours just strolling by. Out of the corner of my eye I caught Roxanne yawning.

“Would you like me to bring you home?”

She nodded and sat up, but before she got out of the bed she stated, "You really know how to please a lady, Duchene. I'm impressed."

I grinned and helped her hop down from the bed of the truck.

It was a quiet drive home and I thought Roxanne was sleeping until I heard her humming along to the song on the radio. Pulling up to her house I walked her to the door.

“Thank you for an amazing time Duchene,” she said as we reached the front door.

“You’re welcome,” I said smiling.

We stood there looking at eachother for a few minutes. Finally I spoke, breaking the silence.

"Well, goodnight." I told her, not sure if I should hug her, kiss her or just leave.

As I was about to turn around and head back to my truck she stopped me. As I turned to face her her lips connected with mine. They were perfect, soft and warm. Her arms wrapped around my neck and we stood on her door step for the whole neighborhood to see. I never wanted to stop kissing her, but eventually she pulled away. As I opened my mouth to speak she brought her small finger to my lips and shushed me before slipping inside her front door, leaving me speechless on the doorstep.

Making my way back to my truck she left me with a big smile on my face, my heart beating faster than it ever had before and most of all, left me wanting more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Marie and I both wrote this chapter together, it was actually the funnest chapter to write. I hope you guys enjoyed it. Feel free to comment. :)