Status: Weekly updates,

You Make Me Sick

August 2, 2010

Abbigale wrapped her arms around Pierce's neck, hugging him tight. "Don't say that! We always find a way back to one another." She smiled through her tears because she knew he was right.

They shared stories of where their illnesses had progressed to so far. Both blind, both losing blood. It was dreadful to even think about. "It makes me sick that they can't sure you." Pierce breathed.

"The sickness doesn't even have a name." She informed him." We are the only known cases."

He ran his thumb along her cheek, wiping her tears away. "Have they found the case on me, if there is any? I wrote you a poem..."

She kissed his lips.

They both sighed heavily and watched each other's eyes. "I just- I needed..." Abbigale stumbled over her words. "If this is really the last time I get to see you, I couldn't die not knowing. If I do get to see you again, then I'll have already broken the ice." She winked at him.

Pierce opened his arms and she leaned into him. "Pierce, I wish we could just wake up in the same time."

"If you find my poem, you will wake up with me." He kissed her, then vanished.

"No!" Abbigale waited to wake up, but she didn't. Being here without Pierce just wasn't as wonderful. It was still nicer than being in her apartment, though. She could still feel the tingling from his kiss, like the aftertaste of a food you've been craving for a long time.

She built a fire on the beach and wrapped a blanket around herself. Watching the stars and listening to the waves relaxed her to the point that she thought she would fall asleep, but she already was. She closed her eyes for only a moment, but when she opened them again her dream world began fading rapidly away from her. Finally she was surrounded by black, and when she still wouldn't wake up, panic set in.

It was as if she could hear her own voice echoing. She argued with voices that weren't there. What killed her the most, though, was the silence. A year would pass without her thinking a single word.

To pass time, Abbigale would sometimes sing the same song over and over and over again until her voice grew hoarse. Still, she waited.

"I'm going to die like this." She thought.

"Abbigale?"

Their world came in to view once again. "I think I'm in a coma." Pierce's face came into her line of sight. He smiled and it took her breath away.

"Abby, I-"

"Abby? Are you awake?" Abbigale woke up to her mother's voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for waiting!