Status: Weekly updates,

You Make Me Sick

July 8, 1852

"I demand to be let out, you twit!" Pierce screamed from his bed, being tied down with leathers used for the insane. Miss Bethany and his mentor were completely convinced a witch hexed him into being their messenger to curse the town. A priest was on his way in 3 days time since two days ago to exorcise him, until then- the priest advised- restrain him.

If he wasn't tied down, he was sleeping. In his dream. Trying to unravel the mystery time had revealed to both he and Abby, which he began to call her when he learned it brought a modest blush to her cheeks he so enjoyed.

More often than not, whenever Miss Bethany demanded the she-witch that cursed him to be named- he pictured Abby in the middle of their field, by their quaint cabin, and Bethany's only answer was a content sigh.

With another inhale- Pierce tried again.

"Let me out or pray to God for a-" The sentence was caught short by a coughing spell and the spurting of blood.

_________________

"Abby." He breathed, taking her hand in his gently. "Time had strange ways, I question it not at all. It's God's work. He knew we were destined. He couldn't bear to keep us."

Abby giggled, "You are a poet, that is for sure, Pierce."
He shrugged in answer.
His angel of dreams winced, and he could only sigh.

"There's pain with your illness as well?"
"As well?"
"My stomach churns when my heart is about to stutter, my lungs constrict only to produce blood when they relieve in a cough."
Her mouth dropped open.
"What?"
"My...illness...those are all my symptoms!"
The two were sitting in the field, the tall grass brushing their heads as they faced one another. Pierce leaned forward closer so their noses touched.

"No one knows of it in my time."
"Not in mine either-"

Abby's were cut short as pain struck them both...hard. Next thing Pierce knew, their world vanished.

________________

The throbbing of his chest, he found as he cleared sleep from his eyes was the priest pounding his chest with a brass cross which ignited the illness within his heart. His lungs began to constrict.

"Damn you priest." He muttered.
"A demon has his heart." The priest muttered in response to someone out of view.

A disappointed sigh.

"N-No..that's not.." Pierce tried to explain, but overwhelming pain ushered him to a black, dreamless, abyss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Boom.
Holy fuck.
I updated.