Sequel: Their Rebellion

When the Sun Goes Down

Hesitant

"I just don't think this is a good idea, boys."I had tried pleading with them multiple times as they readied to go."You're not only riskin' your own lives, but your father's as well."

"We know what we're doin', Adrienne."Murphy said softly."We're goin' to meet the lad. If we think there's somethin' wrong, we're out of there, no questions asked."

"The last time we went through with an idea like that, one of them turned out to be crazy.'I said, hoping the memory of Ryan would stop him from continuing on with this absurd journey."Do you remember that? 'Cause I damn sure do."

"I wouldn't ferget somethin' like that."Murphy scoffed."We're goin'. We'll be back as soon as possible. They aren't far."

I brushed my hands down my face and shook my head in protest. I didn't want any of them to go and find this man. Even if he claimed to have children, it could be a trick. Children tugged at a lot of people's hearts and the boys happened to be one of those people. Murphy pulled me into a warm hug and sighed quietly. He brushed back my hair and whispered, "We'll be fine. I promise."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and dug my face into his chest. Even though he swore they would be fine, I didn't want to take the chance. Noah was going with them as well, and if they didn't return, our supplies and man power would be gone. I would be the only one with a weapon, and one, mind you. I pulled away from Murphy and whispered, "Just be quick, Murph."

We walked toward the van, where Noah and Connor readied to leave. Noah got into the driver's seat and shut the door behind him. There was no talking the boys out of finding this man and his kids. He wasn't far up the road, but you could never be too sure. Noah started to van and I could instantly feel my adrenaline kick up. I wanted to cling onto the van and scream for them to stay, but that would only be childish.

I walked up to the side of the van, meeting Connor and Murphy with worried eyes. Connor cupped my face in his hands and said, "Don't worry yer wee heart out, lass. We'll be back in no time."

"I still don't think this is a good idea, boys."I frowned.

"He has children."Murphy said softly."If anythin', it's fer the children."

"Just be careful. That's all I ask.'I reached in and gave Connor a tight hug.

Noah offered me a warm smile and said, "We'll be back before supper."

They closed the doors and began to pull out of the dirt drive. I crossed my arms over my chest and watched them until they were out of sight. I had a bad feeling about these people, no matter how much they claimed to be alright. Mama always told me I had trust issues, which was very much true, but I couldn't shake this feeling. Either the boys would get hurt or we'd end up with a homicidal group.

I walked back to Abby and Sean and ran my figners through Abby's hair. She looked up at me and asked, "Are they really going?"

"Yeah, they're goin'."I whispered softly.

"But they'll be okay, right?"Even Sean was worried for them.

"I hope so."I swallowed hard.

I looked down at the left over food we had and clapped my hands together. I can try to keep them off of my mind somehow and I knew that cooking would only do the trick. I looked at the both of them and asked, "Who's hungry?"

Their eyes met the ground and I felt a tinge of sadness wash over me. Even they were afraid of the outcome. If I couldn't help myself with this problem, how could I help them?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thankyou guys for being patient with me. :(
No interent results in going to the library.
This is just a filler.
I have this completely typed and finished too.
I should have another chapter out for you guys today,
so long as I have time :)