Free Falling

Terrors

We were all sitting out on the deck after dinner. I was just listening to everyone's conversations when Jolene sat down in the chair next to mine.

"Finally another girl that's staying here," she said while handing me another beer.

"From what I've heard though, you do just fine with the guys. Always keeping them in line," I said.

"Somebody has to," she said smirking. "So I know you just got here, but I was wondering if you could go shopping with me tomorrow. I kinda want someone's opinion that is going to be something longer than it's cool."

"Sounds like fun. I'm not making any promises that I won't say it's cool though," I said smiling. Jolene agreed and went to tell me about all the places we could go. I had a feeling that Jolene and were goig to become close.

I was walking along the edge of the pool, minding my own business, so I could Jo and I another drink when I was tackled into the pool.

"What the hell, you ass," I yelled after I came up for air. I pushed my air out of my face. Everybody was standing around the pool laughing. I looked behind me to see Travis grinnng like he hadn't done anything wrong. You know the on little kid's face when they get caught doing something bad? Yeah, that's what he looked like. Good thing I'm immune to it. "Asshole, you got me all wet!"

"Sorry," he said still grinning. Then I realized that I had something in my pocket that wasn't exactly water friendly.

"My phone was in my pocket!" I yelled while jumping onto his back. I wrapped my legs around his waist and put him in a headlock in one swift move. But i wasnt finished yet. I pushed his head under the water. Before I could do anything else, Travis pulled me over over his shoulder. I turned around and gave him a glare before climbing out of the pool. I slipped off my shoes and unbuttoned my shirt and peeled my shorts.

"You better sleep with your eyes open, Pastrana." I picked up my stuff and went up to my room. I dried off and put a oversized t-shirt on. I quietly went through my bags looking for my laptop. I took it to my bed and looked for a movie I could watch. That's when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in," I said loud enough so they could hear me.

"Hey, I'm sorry if I pissed you off earlier and I'm sorry about your phone," Travis said standing in front of me.

"Its all good. I mostly just messing around, and it'll be kinda nice since my sponors won't be able to get ahold of me for a few days. But I will get even," I said smirking.

"Will you now," he said sitting down next to me.

"You know I grew up with two brothers along with an older sister so I know how to get even extemely well," I said looking up at Travis.

"Should I be scared?"

"You broke my phone. You should be very scared," I said grinning.

"Alright. I'll see you in the morning." he stood up and left. I found some random movie to watch but fell asleep sometime during it. Must not have been a very exciting movie.

I was enjoying every minute of my deep sleep when a large crash woke me up. I was pretty sure it came from Travis' room. I walked through the bathroom and into his room. Then I heard screaming. My eyes scanned the room looking for any sign of Travis. I saw what looked like a broken mirror on the floor, but Travis was standing in a corner screaming at something.

"Travis, what's wrong?" I asked slowly walking closer to him.

"Don't let them get me!"

"It's okay, Travis. I'm right here," I said taking another step closer. I had no clue what was going on with him.

"No, stay away from me!" he started swinging his arms like he was trying to hit whoever was attacking him.

"Travis, you gotta wake up, man," I said louder. I saw tears running down his face, and he was still fighting something. I took my chances of getting hit and got closer to him. In one big step, I tried the best I could to wrap my arms around his swinging ones and pulled them close to our bodies.

He seemed to wake up from this because his arms stopped struggling. He looked down at me. Pure shock came over his face. He slid down the wall to the floor.

"I'm so sorry you had to see that," he said slidding away from me. He kept mumbling something incoherently.

"Travis, it's okay," I said finally. He looked at me and just started bawling. Never in my life have I seen a guy as tough as Travis to just break down and start crying. I slid closer to him and wrapped my arms back around him. "Shh, it's going to be okay. I'll stay here as long as you need me to."

"Thanks Dylan," he muttered after a few seconds. I sat there with him all night. I knew he was trying so hard to not fall asleep. I didn't know what he saw, but it had to be something terrible. He had a look in his eye so unnerving. Pure terror.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I would really like if someone would tell me some improvements I could make. I would make cookies for you, but you probably wouldn't be the one eating them :)