Trial and Error

You're a Big Bag of ***s, You Know That?

"Hey, pass the snickers," mumbled Gabriel through a mouthful of brownie. Crowley grimaced at the revolting sight of Gabriel eating but reluctantly passed over the family pack of mini snickers bars. Gabriel grinned, waggling his eyebrows.

"You're going to have a heart attack if you keep eating like this," Crowley warned.

Gabriel smirked and replied, "Oh and you'd never get along without me would you?"

"Ha. I'd think I'd manage fine, Gabriel." Gabriel feigned shock. He clutched his hands over his chest and pouted.

"Now you know that's not true! You love me! Admit it; you'd be broken without me here to entertain you for hours on end," Gabriel's pout slowly transformed into a devious smile. "Speaking of entertainment for hours and hours, have you talked to Bobby yet?" He raised an eyebrow, daring Crowley to even try to change the subject.

"Well of course I've bloody talked to the man. You've been there every time. Every day in fourth period, don't you remember?" Gabriel let out a long-suffering sigh as he mock slapped the Englishman. Crowley growled in response.

"Oh come on man. I'm not blind! I can tell by the way you're always making those bedroom eyes at him. Like you can't wait to just take him home and then take-" Gabriel was cut off by Crowley shoving a snickers into his open mouth. He took a moment to enjoy the glory of chocolate. He still couldn't believe how every time he tasted it, it was like being awoken to the wonders of the world. His eyes widened as he noticed one of those very wonders walking in their direction on the grassy turf of the unoccupied field of Edlund High.

"Sod off. You don't know anything. In fact, if you're so insistant to ramble on about feelings, then why don't we talk about your love interest. How is it going with the Moose?" Crowley smirked, satisfied as the blush crept up Gabriel's neck.

"Shut up. He's right there," he spoke in a hushed whisper.

"Oh, you mean Sam? I wonder when he'll find out about your big crush on-" Gabriel quickly clamped his hand over Crowley's mouth, glaring his most menacing glare.

"You really are a big bag of dicks, you know that?" he hissed. He looked over to where Sam had been standing with Ash. He let out the breath he didn't realize he had been holding. Thankfully the mullet-wearing hacker had been keeping Sam's attention away from Crowley's sudden outburst of Total Douche Mania. It was a rare disease that caused Crowley to take every chance to embarrass Gabriel in every situation possible. "You are so lucky he didn't notice, you prick."

"Oh Gabriel, I'm astonished! Didn't you want him to know about your undying love?" Crowley raised his eyebrows in an attempt to look as innocent as possible, which wasn't much because even when Crowley hadn't done anything wrong, he still looked guilty.

"Oh you're insufferable," Gabriel groaned as he shifted to lay his head on Crowley's lap.

"Maybe so, but who else would be capable, and willing I might add, to help you get your loverboy's schedule?" Gabriel immediately shot back up, wearing the biggest grin Crowley had ever seen on him.

"Would you really, buddy?"

And who could possibly so no to that? Crowley nodded slowly, watching Gabriel's grin grew wider and wider until it threatened to slit his face apart. Then Gabriel flung himself at Crowley, squeezing him as tight as he could until Crowley gently pushed him away, most likely to keep his vest wrinkle-free. Gabriel kissed Crowley's cheek before lunging at him again, knocking them both over in the process. Exasperated, Crowley shoved him off and sat up and dragged Gabriel over to return to their original position of Gabriel attempting to sleep while using Crowley as a dignified pillow. They'd known each other for so long it had turned into a routine. Crowley would use his fancy connections to get them classes together and lockers side by side. And during lunch he would let Gabriel catch some much needed rest, promising to wake him when the bell rang.

It had grown so habitual that neither of them bothered to look over to where Sam was staring at them, blatantly ignoring Ash.

And that's where it all went to Hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter's so short. The next one will be a lot longer, I promise.