Status: Finished!

Find Me On My Better Days

Morning sickness?

I stopped sleeping around, Zacky clearly wasn’t worth it. I had met his girlfriend, her name was Gena and it was obvious that she hated me or whatever. I found it quite amusing that the guys always had my back, and made her shut up every time she tried to start an argument between me and Zacky. I liked how they bitched about her, every time Zacky was alone and she wasn’t around. But the most amusing part of all this, was how Zacky never said a word about it. And it wasn’t just me who had noticed that. Right now we could hear their voices from the kitchen. It was the first time that we had heard them argue, but I could tell it wasn’t the first time they did it. She was complaining – very loudly – about how Zacky never stood up for her. Zacky said that he didn’t want to argue with his best friends, and besides, she could defend herself. She was nothing but a good fuck to him. My grin disappeared. Did he just say what I thought he said? I looked around in the room, and it was clearly that they all had heard the same thing as I had. Someone slammed the door, and Zacky came back to the living room. He sat down in the loveseat and grabbed a beer.
“So,” Matt said, “I guess you and Gena are over?” Zacky took a sip of his beer and thought about what Matt had said for a second.
“We’ll see. It depends on how much she wants my money, I guess.” The boys gave him a confused look, while I was aching on the inside. When did Zacky get so cruel and cold? ‘You know that Jenna, this is who Zachary James Baker really is. Isn’t this the same cruelty as back then?’ There was something weird about this whole thing.
“What do you mean?” I asked quietly. He looked at me, it looked as if he was amused I had spoke to him.
“I mean,” his voice was cold as he continued, “Gena only wants my money, and she knows I keep her as long as I’m content with her in the bed.” Ouch. I felt a sting in my heart – correction, where my heart once used to be. Zacky had ripped it out and stamped on it with his cynicism. I felt the tears coming, but pressed them back, I didn’t want Zacky to see that I cared. But he obviously did, because all of a sudden, he got up from the couch and sat next to me, embracing me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and let the tears out. He didn’t say a word, he just caressed my back, and when my crying stopped, he kissed my forehead.
“I’ll leave her if you want me to, Jenna, but only if you give me one good reason for it.” He whispered softly into my hair. I looked into his eyes and opened my mouth, ready to say the words that would make him mine, and only mine. I took a deep breath, and smiled softly, trying to show all of my love for him through this one smile.
“Zacky, I don’t want you to be with Gena. I want you to be with me, and the reason why I want this,” I took a break and looked around in the room, saw the guys smiling at me, and carried on. “The reason why I want this, Zacky, is because I love you more than anything in the whole wide world. Every time I see you I get butterflies, I start to breathe rapid, and my heart starts pounding really fast.” I laughed. “And when you touch me, or look at me, I feel like the prettiest girl in the world, hell, I feel like the only girl in the world. I love you.” I looked at him nervously, tried to read his expression. It was blank. I felt the tears come. Fuck these hormones, it was almost like when I was pregnant, but worse.
“I love you too Jenna.” His voice was loud and clear. Then he kissed me with love, passion, desire and I had never felt this good before. Finally, things were going my way.

I woke up in Zacky’s arms. He was so gorgeous when he was asleep, he looked so peaceful. I smiled as I thought about last night. After we had declared our love for each other and kissed each other while the guys applauded, Zacky had taken me out on a date. It wasn’t a formal date, it was pizza at the local pizza shop, rent a movie and sit in the couch, watching the movie and cuddle under a blanket. After that we had went to bed - no sex, just a kiss. It was almost as if we were married. As I laid in Zacky’s arms and didn’t think anything could ruin the moment, I heard someone slam the front door. I found one of Zacky’s shirts – it was a black AC/DC t-shirt – put it on, and walked down the stairs, to the kitchen. I thought it was one of the guys, they had keys to each other’s houses and they would visit each other at the most random times of the day. But it wasn’t one of them. It was Gena. When I saw her, I got immediately sick and run to the bathroom, where I threw up.
While I threw up, I could hear Zacky’s voice calling for me. I heard that he was by the kitchen and I heard the argument Zacky and Gena had.
“What are you doing here?” He asked angrily.
“I live here with you.” She stated simply.
“The hell you don’t! I never gave you any keys!” I could hear her give a short laughter.
“I took the keys myself, I wanted to please you. And I know you didn’t mean those things you said last night, Zacky. I know you love her, but seriously, have you seen the way she looks at short shit? I mean...”
“Don’t you call him short shit, that’s our thing, and you are not – and will never be – a part of it. Do you understand? He growled to her. I slowly walked out from the bathroom. When she saw me, she put the key on the table and left without a word. Zacky walked over to me and kissed me softly.
“Where did you go?” he asked me and supported his chin on my head.
“I got sick when I saw her, so I ran to the bathroom and threw up.” I said, my voice shaking slightly. He laughed.
“Yeah, I guess she can do that to people.” I laughed, and felt a new wave of sickness. I ran into the bathroom again.
“Jenna?” Zacky was behind me, and held my hair while I was busy with emptying my stomach.
“I think we might have to go see a doctor.” He said. I gave him a confused look.
“Why?”
“Have you ever considered the possibility of being pregnant?” I immediately stiffened. I couldn’t be pregnant! I didn’t want to be, I couldn’t take it if I lost another baby!