The Real Stories

Traffic lights and I-pods

THE LIGHTS went green and a huge truck came hurtling down the road. I looked quickly at Josh then the huge truck that was going to fast for someone to be driving it with any care.
“JOSH!” I screamed at the top of my lungs, but it was wasted energy. The rain grew heavier and Josh slowed down. I thought he might have looked around and saw the truck, but he stared forwards as if his life depended on getting to wherever he was going. He got to the side of the road and I couldn’t take it any longer, I used up all the energy to run a little closer, but it was to late. He stepped into the middle of the road; he would have got across the road if I hadn’t been so stupid and shouted “JOSH!”, again as I doubled over in pain from running so fast.
I lifted my head, he had turned around and was facing me. He smiled and saluted me, then, as he saw the truck come towards him, I’m sure I saw him turn and wink at me. Then
Flash Lights
The screech of tires
My scream echoes in my head
Hit
Hard
Screams again
Falling on the ground.
Blood…

I ran over as the guy from the truck got out. I shoved him and screamed in his face. His face was white, he was a very thin man, his hair was long and grey but he didn’t look old. He looked my age. His eyes were a very dark blue and sort of scary. He was wearing something that a vampire would wear but all black and white. His appearance scared me. I took my attention off of this strange man and onto Josh. I knelt down beside his head, his eyes flickered open, they widened as they saw the man.
“No, no not now! Not HIM!” He said pointing at him with one hand and using the other to try and get away. He groaned with pain. He at up straight and looked at me and smiled. Then the fire, hate and fear came back into his eyes as he looked at the man again.
“Nice to see you Verna.” He said with gritted teeth. I could tell he was trying to be strong in front of him. Not showing his pain, but I could see it in his eyes.
“Josh, poor, poor Josh. Only a girl to save you.” He laughed manically. I stared hard at “Verna” and then looked back at Josh. His eyes were going a white-ish grey couler and his hands were cold. Rain was pouring down my face (or was it tears?) and Josh’s hair was soaked and plastered onto his face, I moved it out of the way. He started crying.
“Storm…Never Let them take you alive.” He said through his tears. I didn’t understand. “You’re a good person…Storm. Sad I have to go before we really got know each other.” He said smiling. The light seemed to be fading from his eyes.
“No, no no Josh! You can’t go!” I screamed. To late. He closed his eyes and slumped in my arms
“Silly Poor Josh. So kind. So understanding. Shame he was so stupid.” He said smiling. He scraped a long scar down the side of Josh’s face.
“Don’t say that!” I shouted. I threw my hands out to push him when I saw they were covered in blood. I stared at them. I felt sick. I hated the sight of blood. This was dripping off my hands. Verna laughed. “Someone else’s blood on your hands? Elizabeth, how could you?” He said mimicking my mother. I looked around me. I was in a pool of Josh’s blood. I screamed. I felt like I was about to throw up, my head was spinning and I felt dizzy.
“No need to scream, Elizabeth” Verna said covering his ears. He looked behind me. People must have heard me because they were flooding out of the church. I looked at Verna. He clicked his fingers and he disappeared in a cloud of smoke.
♠ ♠ ♠
I quiet like this one although it could have been longer