Status: Just starting.

Lovestrung.

Confrontation.

Chase looked down to the gravel surfacing of the courtyard, hands in pockets. Listening to his music, he just wanted to be oblivious to the world. He was thinking to himself, Why is Violetta so defensive? And why would she be individually making a fool of me?. He looked up slightly, as the glistening sun reflected on the ground, blinding him slightly.
Out of a nearby classroom, kids started flowing from the doors. Kylie came out last, and ran up to Chase, with a gleaming smile on her face.

"Hey Chase, you'll never guess what I got on my maths test?", she said, in an optimistic tone.
"Err, I don't know, a B?"
"Of course not, silly! I got an A! Like, one mark off of top marks!"
"So, like always then?"
"Err, yeah. Chase, are you okay?" Kylie murmured, looking down at him.
"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just kind of getting annoyed how you are getting loads of A's, and bragging about it when you know I'm the only person getting top marks right now", he replied, in a stern voice.

Kylie frowned, looked down, and mentioned, "See you later or something", as she walked away. Chase looked down to the floor again, before a streak of pink caught his attention. It was Violetta. Chase stood up, stretching his back, before walking casually to her. She looked up, spotted his eyes looking at hers, and stopped, knowing he was going to speak.

"Hey, Violetta. I just wanted to talk about something", he said.
"Oh, and here I thought you were walking up to me with something new."
"Oh, haha, very funny. Can I walk you home? I want to get to know a bit about you. The real you", he replied, with a brief smile.
"What do you think you need to know? I mean, I told everyone something very personal. You're just lucky I'm open about that sort of stuff."
"Yeah, well, I think you have a bit of a defensive attitude. I know there's another reason for that, apart from what happened. I'd like to know."
"And what makes me think I'm going to tell a necrophiliac-looking steroid junkie like you?"
"Yet again, original. But no. I won't make you, but I want you to. And be honest. I'm all ears", he said, as he looked to her. She looked up at him and smiled.

They started to walk down the path towards the pier, as the sun started to fall. The light glistened on the water, as Chase and Violetta came across the pier.

"So, Violetta, tell me about your past, like, why did you move to Mallace?"
"Well, it wasn't the view, despite that being pretty amazing. No. My father is the kind of person who likes to go out, drink loads, come back in the late of night and become randomly violent to my mother and me. One day, he came back, drunker than ever, and came up to his room, where my mum was sleeping. He woke her up, with a fist to her face. She screamed in pain, which woke me up. I ran into the room, and saw him violently rape her. It was horrifying. I ran into my room, and grabbed a baseball bat. He wasn't looking at the time, but I turned round and took a swing to his head."
"What happened then?", Chase replied.
"Well, he sort of looked dizzy, then fell to the floor. There wasn't any blood, but it looked like it had rendered him unconscious. I grabbed my mum, after she had stopped crying. I tried to pull her out of the room, but she sort of stood up, and looked at her limp husband. She spat at him, then she left. We grabbed a few things and ran. He doesn't know where we headed, or where we are now. We arrived in Mallace a few days ago. And here we are now, with you and me on the edge of this pier."
"Well, might I say, your pink highlights are looking ravishingly amazing in the Mallace sunset", he said, looking into her eyes. She turned round and looked at him, smiling slightly.

As the sun started to fall even more, Chase started to walk home, with a smile on his face. Behind him, Violetta was getting into a car. She turned back to him, and smiled at him, and he smiled back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Third Chapter.
I hope everyone is seeing the blossoming friendship in which Chase and Violetta are having.
Stay tuned.

Subscribe. <3