Status: Please comment :)

Save Me

Club Encounters & Conflicting Emotions

It’s been two weeks since RaeLynn was released from the hospital and she was currently lying on her bed, staring at the ceiling. Matt wouldn’t return her calls or answer her text messages, but she couldn’t blame him.

“You’re so fucking stupid, RaeLynn. How could you let him go? You know you miss him, hell, you dream about him every night when you’re sleeping next to your so-called ‘boyfriend’. Do you honestly think that Chris loves you? You’re so gullible.” RaeLynn’s heart spoke causing RaeLynn to flinch slightly. She didn’t wanna listen to her heart no matter how right she knew it was. Soon, RaeLynn was in her own world, thinking about what could have been if she had listened to heart. Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by vicious knocking on her door. A groan slipped from her lips as RaeLynn got off her bed to open her door. She groaned again when she saw Camille and Josh standing in front of her with garment bags and shoe boxes in their hands. She also noticed that they were dressed for a night out.

“Well it’s nice to see you too, hun.” Josh responded with a roll of his eyes. Camille grabbed his hand and barged into RaeLynn’s room.

“Yeah, just come on in.” RaeLynn said, sarcasm dripping from every word. She plopped down on her bed and looked at her friends, who stood in front of her with their arms crossed.

“What do you two want?” RaeLynn asked, knowing that her friends were here for something.

“There’s a band gig going on tonight at Club Hypnotiq for Open Mic Night. It starts at nine o’clock and you, ma’am, are to be ready by no later than eight-thirty. It is now seven o’clock, so let’s get a move on. You’re gonna be there whether you wanna be there or not.” Camille demanded while hanging the garment bags in RaeLynn’s closet.

“I don’t know if Chris would allow me go out tonight. He doesn’t really like me going out.” RaeLynn mumbled with her head down. Josh scoffed and Camille rolled her eyes.

“Please, honey. Chris can kiss my ass and then some. He doesn’t own you. You’re not his property, but he’s seemed to have drilled that fucked up concept into your brain. You just need to worry about which accessories and shoes are gonna go with the perfect outfit for tonight and we’ll take care of Chris. Now, go hop in the shower, so that Cammie can do your hair and makeup. Meanwhile, I will be putting together your outfit for tonight. ” Josh retorted. RaeLynn rolled her eyes, knowing that she wasn’t going to win this argument. She sighed on her way to her bathroom and knew that tonight was going to full of surprises.

Image


“Don’t you look sexy!” Camille announced when she put the finishing touches on RaeLynn’s make up. RaeLynn turned around to see herself in her full length mirror. She gasped at her appearance. Her eyes were expertly dusted with blue eye shadow that blended with hints of gray at the edges. A black halter top with an intricate blue design adorned her body along with black skinny leggings and blue heels. Delicate earrings hung from her ears and her lips shone from lip gloss. Sure, her arms were showing, but she didn’t care. The bruises and cuts were healing to the point of invisibility.

“Wow.” RaeLynn mumbled. Camille and Josh smiled proudly at the work they managed to accomplish. For once in her life, RaeLynn felt attractive and her friends knew it. Camille glanced at the clock hanging on RaeLynn’s wall and grabbed her purse.

“Come on, it’s time to go.” Camille stated simply before applying more of her lip gloss. RaeLynn sighed and followed her friends out of her house. Part of her really wanted to stay in bed and eat warm chocolate cookies to suppress the conflicting emotions raging inside her, but the other part of her was happy to be out of the house.

Image


“You never told me who’s singing here tonight.” RaeLynn mentioned as she, Camille, and Josh sat at a table nearest the front of the stage.

“It’s a new band called Avenged Sevenfold. I think you’ll like them.” Camille responded before taking a sip of her virgin daiquiri. RaeLynn looked to Josh for help, but he shook his head. RaeLynn rolled her eyes and sighing, knowing that she was stuck there for good. After a few minutes of waiting, the crowd finally calmed down and the owner of the club walked out on stage.

“Welcome everyone to Open Mic Night! We have a few people signed up for this little shindig and I bet you all can’t wait to hear some great music!” The crowd cheered and the owner smirked.

“Alright, alright, alright, settle down, settle down. Our first Open Mic act is a band called Avenged Sevenfold. Let’s show ‘em some love!” The crowd cheered once again as the owner removed himself from the stage and Avenged Sevenfold presented themselves. Their lead singer stood in front of the microphone and scanned the crowd. He was excited and nervous.

“Umm…hey. My name is Matt Sanders and we’re Avenged Sevenfold and this first song is called Dear God. I guess you could call this song a ballad of some sort, but we hope you enjoy it.” Matt spoke into the microphone. He nodded to the rest of the band and they began.

A lonely road crossed another cold state line
Miles away from those I love
Purpose hard to find
While I recall all the words you spoke to me
Can’t help but wish that I was there
Back where I’d love to be, oh yeah

Dear God, the only thing I ask of you
Is to hold her when I’m not around
When I’m much too far away
We all need that person who can be true to you
But I left her when I found her
And now I wish I’d stayed

‘Cause I’m lonely
And I’m tired
I’m missing you again, oh no
Once again…

There’s nothing here for me on this barren road
There’s no one here while the city sleeps
And all the shops are closed
Can’t help but think of the times I’ve had with you
Pictures and some memories
Will have to help me through, oh yeah

Dear God, the only thing I ask of you
Is to hold her when I’m not around
When I’m much too far away
We all need that person who can be true to you
But I left her when I found her
And now I wish I’d stayed

‘Cause I’m lonely
And I’m tired
I’m missing you again, oh no
Once again…

Well, some search, never finding a way
Before long, they waste away
I found you, something told me to stay
I gave in, to selfish way
And how I miss someone to hold
When hope begins to fade

A lonely road crossed another cold state line
Miles away from those I love
Purpose hard to find…

Dear God, the only thing I ask of you
Is to hold her when I’m not around
When I’m much too far away
We all need the person who can be true to you
But I left her when I found her
And now I wish I’d stayed

‘Cause I’m lonely
And I’m tired
I’m missing you again, oh no
Once again…


The crowd cheered and clapped after the song faded and a smile appeared on each of the guys faces. Matt scanned the crowd, basking the victory and his eyes landed on RaeLynn, who was currently involved in a conversation with one of her friends. His expression of pure bliss soon turned into one pure anger and he passed the microphone off to Jimmy before storming off the stage. Jimmy gave a confusing look to his fellow band members, who looked just as confused as he. Jimmy shrugged and brought the microphone to his lips.

“Umm…well, we were scheduled to perform one more song tonight, but as you just witnessed, we’re experiencing some technical difficulties. But, thanks for the support, guys. Hopefully, we’ll be back sometime. Thanks again.” Jimmy stated into the microphone before leaving the stage along with Zacky, Brian, and Johnny. They hurried through the crowd and ran out the doors of the club, looking for their lead singer. They collectively sighed in relief when they spotted the missing member around the building, leaning against a wall.

“Matt…dude. What happened back there?” Johnny questioned, asking for an answer to something that all the boys were wondering.

“RaeLynn is in there. I couldn’t do it. I know we agreed to perform two songs, but when I her saw in the crowd after Dear God…something snapped. I can’t be in the same room as her anymore, guys, it still hurts.” Matt confessed with his head down. He sighed and looked up at his friends for help.

“We understand that, Matt, but we’re not going to allow you sit out here for the rest of the night. Come on, we’re going back inside.” Zacky demanded and he grabbed Matt’s arm, pulling him back inside the club just in time for the owner to make his presence known again.

“Our next Open Mic Night act is a junior in high school. She was signed up earlier today and I’m sure this is going to come as real surprise to her. Let’s welcome RaeLynn Meadows to the stage!” Everyone clapped around RaeLynn, who was dumfounded. She shook her head and sent a death glare to Camille, who nonchalantly sipped her drink. RaeLynn’s eyebrows furrowed when she saw Josh stand and pull her to the stage. Her angry state increased as she watched Josh take his acoustic guitar from the owner. She turned her attention to the crowd while Josh tuned his guitar.

“Umm…I’m RaeLynn Meadows. I wasn’t informed of Open Mic Night and I surely did not receive any previous warning that I would be singing tonight. But, I guess my friends took care of that themselves, so I guess I’ll sing. Umm…this song is called My All and I hope you like it.” RaeLynn nodded to Josh, who began the introduction. RaeLynn began singing when it was time to jump in.

I am thinking of you
In my sleepless solitude tonight
If it’s wrong to love you
Then my heart just won’t let me be right
‘Cause I’ve drowned in you
And I won’t pull through without you by my side

I’d give my all to have just one more night with you
I’d risk my life to feel your body next to mine
‘Cause I can’t go on living in the memory of our song
I’d give my all for your love tonight

Baby, can you feel me
Imagining I’m looking your eyes
I can see you clearly
Vividly emblazoned in my mind
And yet you’re so far like a distant star
I’m wishing on tonight

I’d give my all to have just one more night with you
I’d risk my life to feel your body next to mine
‘Cause I can’t go on living in the memory of our song
I’d give my all for your love tonight

I’d give my all to have just one more night with you
I’d risk my life to feel your body next to mine
‘Cause I can’t go on living in the memory of our song
I’d give my all for your love tonight
Give my all for your love tonight


RaeLynn, having released that her eyes were closed, opened her eyes and looked into the crowd that was silent from astonishment. A wave of cheers and claps suddenly hit her and she blushed. She mumbled a quiet thanks into the microphone and proceeded to exit the stage with Josh. Her breath hitched whenn her eyes landed on Matt, who was laughing at something Johnny told him. He turned his head and their eyes locked, causing butterflies to erupt in RaeLynn’s stomach. She didn’t like it at all. The butterflies made her feel guilty for choosing Chris over Matt and she hated coming to the realization that she truly made a mistake. Sure, the physical and verbal abuse from Chris slightly diminished after her release from the hospital, but the love and passion that once consumes their entire relationship was no longer detectable. However, love and passion was definitely on the radar when it came to her and Matt…and RaeLynn knew it. She quickly tore her gaze away from Matt and went to the bar.

“One apple martini.” RaeLynn ordered. The bartender raised his eyebrow, but avoided questioning RaeLynn about her age. Once the martini was in front of her, RaeLynn took a sip, allowing the alcohol to take its effect little by little. The alcohol doubled in quantity when she looked towards the dance floor to find Matt dancing with some random girl. His hands were secured firmly on her waist and his hips were grinding against his partner’s. A slight growl emitted from RaeLynn when Matt lowered his head to attach his lips to the girl’s neck, his eyes locked with hers. He knew what he was doing and RaeLynn knew he enjoyed every minute of it.

“I should be that girl.” RaeLynn thought to herself and by the time Matt stopped dancing with the girl, RaeLynn was trashed. The emotions that were trapped inside her were too much for her and the tears began. She ran out of the club and leaned against a wall, eventually sliding down and burying her head in her hands. Regret and pain filled her heart causing her to cry even harder. RaeLynn’s tears never ceased that night, even when she felt someone picking her up in their arms. She knew someone was taking her somewhere, but she didn’t care. The one thing she cared about was behind her and all she wanted was to get back to him and have him hold her in his arms again.

RaeLynn felt herself being placed on a soft surface, but she was too tired from the amount of crying she’d done and the amount of alcohol in her system was dulling her senses. RaeLynn soon found herself drowning in drowsiness and sleep began to take over. Just as RaeLynn’s eyes began to droop, she felt a feather light kiss being applied to her forehead from the mystery person who’d taken her. Sleep completely dominated her mind and body before she could hear the words being whispered in her ear.

“I never stopped loving you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
This chapter is dedicated to Undead Angel.
RaeLynn's lyrics: My All by Mariah Carey
Please comment.
-----
RaeLynn's Club Outfit