Please Be All Mine

Something in Common

“Ellie!” I heard my mom yell. I groaned and opened my eyes. I looked at my clock. It was 12 in the afternoon. I got out of bed and went to my door.

“What, Mom?” I said, looking out my door at my mom who was standing near the front door, with Gerard.

“You have a visitor,” she said.

“Oh,” I said. I smiled at Gerard. I’ll be out in a minute. I went back in my room and got dressed quickly. I left my room and went toward my mom and Gerard.

“Hey,” said Gerard.

“Hey,” I said.

“Can you come with me somewhere?” he asked. I looked at my mom and she nodded.

“Yeah,” I said. Gerard smiled.

“Good,” he said.

“I’ll see you later, Mom,” I said. Gerard and I stepped outside and Gerard grabbed my hand, holding it in his. We started down the sidewalk. “Where are we going?”

“My house,” said Gerard. We walked in silence to his house. It wasn’t an awkward silence. We were just enjoying being with each other. We reached Gerard’s house and went inside. Gerard led me to a door a little ways down a hallway. We went down the some stairs and we were in the basement. There was a bed and a desk and other things to indicate that this was a bedroom that I could only assume was Gerard’s.

“Is this your bedroom?” I asked. Letting go of his hand and going to a wall covered in Gerard’s drawings.

“Yeah,” he said. He came and stood next to me as I looked over each drawing carefully.

“You’re very talented,” I said.

“Thanks,” he said quietly. My eyes traveled to another set of pictures and I felt my eyes widen in shock.

“You lied to me,” I said. I looked at Gerard, our eyes meeting.

“I know,” said Gerard. I looked back at the drawing. It was me again. Well, it was just part of my face. I was hiding behind my usual bookshelf, looking at Gerard.

“How long have you known that I was spying on you?” I asked.

“Probably since the day you started,” he said. I looked at him.

“How come it took you so long to confront me about it?” I asked.

“I never knew what to say,” he said. “Then I got tired of only seeing your eyes. I wanted to see the rest of you. Always so mysterious, hiding behind your bookshelf.”

I smiled shyly.

“I never saw any hint that you knew,” I said.

“I was always careful to make sure you didn’t see me glancing your way when I was drawing you,” he said. He reached a hand forward and brushed some of my hair behind my ear before setting his hand on my cheek.

“Well,” I said. “We have something in common now.”

“Yeah,” said Gerard, softly rubbing my cheek with his thumb. “What’s that?”

“We both like to watch one another in secret,” I said, smiling. Gerard smiled too.

“That we do,” said Gerard. Pulling me in for a kiss much like the one we shared in the middle of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last update for today :P I probably won't be updating tomorrow, but I don't know. I'm going to a hockey game to play with the pep band so I don't know what time I'll be back at. If it's not too late when I get home, I might post a short update. If not, I'll update on Monday ; ) Feedback?
~Sally