Please Be All Mine

"Are you ok?"

I was surprised the next morning to find that Gerard wasn’t waiting for me. I was glad because I think it would have been a little awkward. I didn’t know what I was going to say to him when I saw him next, which would be after school in the library. I walked to school, thinking only of Gerard and the kiss that hadn’t lasted long enough for me to fully enjoy it. All day during my classes I was distracted, continuing to think of Gerard.

When the end of the day came I took my time going to my locker and going to the library. As I entered the library, I saw that Gerard’s usual table was empty and headed straight for it, sitting down where I sat yesterday. I stared at the library doors expecting to see Gerard walking in every time they opened. But Gerard never came. I sat at the library for an hour, realizing I had wasted my time. I got my things and left the library, slowly heading down the sidewalk to my house. But when I reached my house, I didn’t stop there. I kept walking. I knew where Gerard lived. And no, I never followed him home. I just happened to know where he lived because when we were younger we were forced to ride the bus and Gerard and I rode the same bus.

I reached Gerard’s house and went hesitantly to the front door. I took a deep breath before knocking on the door. I waited for a minute but no one came to answer it. I turned to leave and made it off the front porch when I heard the door open slowly. I turned to look and saw Gerard’s eyes, looking at me.

“Gerard?” I said. He pulled the door open more and I could now fully see him. He looked exhausted. “Are you ok?”

“Yeah,” said Gerard. We just stared at each other. “What are you doing here?”

“Well, I went to the library and you never showed up so I was a little worried,” I said.

“Sorry,” he said. “I didn’t think you were going to show up.”

“Oh,” I said. “Well, I guess I’ll see you later.”

“Yeah,” he said. Today was Friday so if I did see him again it wouldn’t be till Monday.

“Bye,” I said. I turned and headed back to the sidewalk.

“Bye,” I heard him say. When I reached the sidewalk, I looked back at the door to see that Gerard had already closed it. I sighed. I guess I wouldn’t be talking to Gerard anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter titles are hard to come up with sometimes :P Enjoy the update! I'm gonna work on some updates for tomorrow because I probably won't be updating on Sunday. Also, a big THANK YOU!! to everyone who comments. I really appreciate it ^_^
~Sally