Sequel: August Is Over
Status: Active. Comments = Updates

Secret Valentine

This Is Where We Say Goodbye.

"It took you fucking long enough!" I stated, hitting his chest as we walked back to the table full of our friends.

"What in the hell was that?" Rian asked.

"Just fixing something I shouldn’t have let ever happen." Alex replied before he kissed my cheek softly.

"What about Jack?" Zack asked.

He was just as confused.

"Jack’s only interested in your fake girl friend, Zachary." Jack stated as he put his arm around Mandy’s shoulders.

It’s a good thing Jack let me pick out his outfit. They matched perfectly.

"Damn, you know about that?" Zack asked.

"Sure do." I laughed. "Jack was my fake boyfriend, and Miss. Mandy over here was jealous. Don’t worry though, we fixed it."

"I can see that." Zack laughed. "Amber?"

"Yeah?" The girl blushed.

"Do you possibly want to dance with me?"

"Zack, cut the crap, okay?" She laughed. "Aly knows that we’re dating."

Rian shook his head.

"Am I the only sane one in the group?"

"Nah, you’ve got Liz." Mandy laughed.

Liz rolled her eyes, and stood up.

"Where you going?"

"To dance. You coming or not, Ri?" Liz asked, offering her hand to her boyfriend.

"Coming." He laughed and they made their way over to the dance floor.

"Mands and I are going to go show those children how it’s done." He laughed as he and Mandy walked behind Liz and Rian.

"They sure are something." Amber laughed. "I can’t believe that just happened."

I looked up at Alex, and my smile grew.

"I can’t either. Do you know how freaking proud I am of you right now?"

"Enough to take me back?" He sent my a cheeky smile.

"That and then some." I replied before I kissed his cheek. "You’ve officially grown up, Al."

"Ha ha. You’re so funny." He rolled his eyes.

"You’re amazing." I joked. "Do you want to dance?"

"We just sat down." He whined.

"Fine." I agreed.

"Alright, alright!" Alex surrendered. "I give. Let’s go dance."

Alex helped me up out of my chair, and we looked at Amber and Zack.

"What about you guys?" I asked.

"I think that we’re just going to sit here, and enjoy being an actual couple for once."

I nodded, and led Alex onto the dance floor.

"So, how do you think that this night turned out?" Alex asked me as he held me close. We were dancing to Breathe 2 a.m by Anna Nalick.

"Just about perfect." I laughed as I rested my head on his shoulder. "You’re too perfect, Alex. I just...I love you."

"I love you too, Aly. You’re it for me, babe. You know that right?"

I smiled, and looked up at him.

"Really?"

He nodded.

"Honestly. I don’t want anyone else. They aren’t worth the trouble."

"You’re worth all of it." I giggled. "I mean it, Alexander. This is your last chance. So don’t screw up, got it?"

"I wouldn’t dare dream of it." He smiled before he pressed his lips to my head.

My prom was perfect.

 

*

 

"WE DID IT!" I stated, jumping up and down with Liz, Mandy, and Amber. "WE FINALLY GRADUATED!"

"We did." Liz agreed as she giggled.

"I can’t believe it. We’re done with high school. No more bull shit." Amber added.

"No more stupid courses." Mandy rolled her eyes.

"And definitely no more Candy." I finished. "And I have Alex."

"That you do."

I smiled as I heard the familiar voice from behind me. Then I felt the arms that I loved so much wrap around my waist.

"Hey stranger."

"Hey gorgeous." Alex laughed as he kissed my cheek. "What are you ladies talking about?"

"Oh you know, that we DID IT!" Mandy stated, jumping up and down.

"Whoa, Mands..." Jack laughed. "Excited to see me?"

"Hardly." Mandy joked before pressing her lips to his. "Aren’t you excited?"

"Very." He agreed. "Big graduation party tonight at my house. You guys down?"

"Yeah." Everyone but me replied.

"I can’t." I smiled sadly.

"Why not, babe?" Alex asked me.

"It’s mommy, daughter day with Lexi. I’ve already spent most of it without her." I felt like pouting. "I’m sorry guys."

Jack shrugged, Liz offered a small smile at me as Rian appeared and draped his arm around her shoulders. Zack was finally walking up, and kissed Amber’s cheek when he did.

"It’s cool, babe." Alex laughed. "Can I crash mommy and daughter day?"

I turned to look at him.

"You would do that?"

He smiled widely, and nodded.

I knew that he was telling me the truth.

"Okay, you can."

 

*

 

"Mommy!" Lexi yelled the second that I appeared in my parents house.

"Hey baby." I laughed, and picked her up.

Lexi hugged me tightly, but quickly let go when she saw Alex.

"DADDY!" She squealed before I handed her to Alex.

My mom suddenly came into view with my dad. Both looked over at Alex with shocked expressions. They didn’t know that I was in contact with her father.

"Mom, dad..." I trailed off. "This is Alex Gaskarth. He’s Lexi’s father."

My mom nodded.

"I can see that." My dad stated.

"When did he come into the picture?" My mom asked.

I looked at Alex and Lexi before I smiled.

"He never left actually. He’s been helping me with her since day one."

"How come we haven’t ever heard you talk about him?" My dad spoke up.

Alex’s eye brow raised at me, but I ignored it.

"Maybe because you kicked me out at fifteen?"

"That doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t tell us about the father."

"Yeah, well...this is Alex, and he’s staying. He’s a part of my family."

"It’s nice to officially meet you Mr and Mrs. James."

They only nodded in his direction.

"Anyway, we are going to go now. Thanks for watching Lexi while I graduated." I stated. "Bye."

"Bye," They replied at the same time.

I at least expected more from them, but I always do.

They never deliver.

Alex carried Lexi while I grabbed her stuff, and we went to Alex’s car. He put her in the back car seat, and we both got into the front seats.

"Baby, do you mind of daddy comes with us today?"

"YAY!" She yelled.

I giggled, and Alex shook his head.

"Where to first?"

"Can we go to the town park?" I asked. "That’s Lexi’s favorite place to play."

"Sure." He laughed.

Alex drove to the park, and held my hand the entire way.

Once we were there, Lexi grabbed both of our hands, and we all walked down the side walk.

"We’re a family!" She gushed. "Daddy, do you love mommy?"

"With all of my heart." He laughed.

"I love your daddy too." I giggled in agreement. "Lexi, how do you feel about daddy moving in with us?"

Alex looked at me in shock, but his smile grew.

"I’d love that." He whispered.

"ME TOO!" Lexi agreed, jumping up and down.

Her brown curls and brown hair made it impossible not to be happy.

 

 

*

 

 

"Picture time!" Mandy yelled.

I laughed, and started to joke around with poses.

"SEXY!" Amber called.

I threw my head back, and started to laugh loudly.

"Alex get in there!" Jack encouraged.

We were taking pictures to make memories. Tomorrow the guys are leaving for three months to go on tour. I was excited for them, but I was sad that Alex would be going off.

Alex laughed, and came up behind me. I tossed my right arm around his shoulders, and he hitched my leg at his hip with his hand resting at my butt. I giggled, but Mandy took the picture anyway.

"Awe! This one is for keeps!"

"We probably look completely ridiculous," I laughed as I let go of him.

"I love it." Alex laughed as he stared at the picture. "That’s a keeper."

I rolled my eyes.

"Sure, Alex. Why not?"

"Oh come on! It’s funny." He laughed.

"I was joking, baby."

He shook his head before he kissed me lightly.

"Can we talk?"

"I...um...sure." I nodded.

I had a bad feeling in my stomach.

"Come on." He offered his hand.

Slowly, I took his hand in mine, and we started to walk from the patio in Amber’s back yard toward his car.

"Where we going?"

"Just get in, okay?" He laughed.

I nodded, and got into his car before he did. Alex got in and drove only a little further up the road to where the sky was clear. He was the first to get out, but I was unsure. Alex walked over to my side, and opened the door for me.

"Alex?"

"Sh...come on," He motioned for me to get out, and I did slowly. "Sit." He pointed to the car hood.

I rolled my eyes, but I hopped up on the hood of the silver sports car.

"Are you going to join me?" I asked.

Alex nodded before he sat down.

"Lay down and look up at the stars."

I furrowed my brows, but I listened to him. We laid down side by side.

"This is nice and all, but what are we doing?" I questioned. Alex didn’t answer me, but stayed there in complete silence.

Alex started to sing softly to me.

Lets take a moment to reflect,

On the past few years of my life.

I haven’t worked myself away,

to stay inside.

This is the time to let us...

Break out, break out.

as we escape through the windows.

Head for the car, and never look back.

Singing..singing

"Break out, break out. Our time has come

and we’ve got these big city dreams."


I felt a small smile graced my lips as he finished.

"That’s pretty. Did you just write it?" I questioned as I looked at him.

"A couple of months ago, I did." He laughed. "I wanted you to hear it. I haven’t showed the guys or anything."

"I personally love it." I whispered.

"We’re leaving tomorrow, Aly."

I sighed heavily.

"I know, Alex."

"I’m going to miss you."

I smiled, and I sat up from the hood of his car.

"I’m going to miss you, too." He stated as he sat up beside me. "I have something to give you."

"What is it?"

"Here."

Alex looked nervous as he dug in his pocket for something.

"What are you looking for."

"What I’ve got to give you." He searched for a moment longer before he pulled something small out of his pocket. "Aly, I love you. You know that right?"

I nodded.

"I love you too, Alex."

"I want you to know that no matter what, you’re it for me..." He trailed off. "Aly, will you where this promise ring?" He asked me.

I looked at the ring he was now holding in my view.
It was gorgeous.

"Of course." I laughed, and then He put the ring on my finger.

"Don’t you dare take this off until I replace it with a engagement right, okay?"

"I won’t." I lightly laughed.

I kissed him lightly before we got off of the hood of his car and went back to Amber's.

 

After saying our goodbyes to everyone and picking up Lexi from the Gaskarth home, Alex drove us back to my house. He took Lexi up into her room, and said goodnight to her and then goodbye. When he came back down, I smiled softly at him.

"Do you want me to walk you out?" I asked.

"That would be great." He chuckled.

We walked out onto my porch, and stood silently.

"I’m going to miss you, Alex."

"I know." He laughed. "You’ve said it a million times."

"But it’s the truth." I replied. "I can’t believe that it’s only been a week since we got back together."

"It feels like two days." Alex stated as his fingers played with mine.

"I know, right?" I laughed sadly.

"Yeah..."

"Be careful okay?" I asked, meeting his eyes with mine.

"I will."

"And don’t forget me...or Lexi either."

"I could never." He whispered as he moved hair from in front of my face. Alex kissed my lips softly once.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

His voice was low, but I could tell that he meant it.

I slightly smiled.

"I think this is where we say goodbye."

"Not goodbye..." He trailed off. "We’re saying see you later, that sounds better."

I laughed lightly.

"Okay. See you later then."

"See you later." Alex kissed my forehead before he started to walk away.

"Alex, wait!" I called and he turned around, and walked back to me. "Kiss me."

"Okay." He looked slightly confused before his lips met mine softly.

He pulled away.

"No, I meant kiss me. Give me a kiss that I’ll remember until the day that I die.

And Alex did just that.

As soon as it was over, he was gone, and Lexi and I were alone.

But he would be back.

After all, he promised me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys soooo much for commenting and reading this. It truly means the word to me :)

xoxo Rae :)