Sequel: August Is Over
Status: Active. Comments = Updates

Secret Valentine

Alex's Surprise At Lexi's Party

"I have to get going." Jack replied.

It was almost 4:30, and Lexi’s party starts at 5:00. So I was okay with it, but I never showed him that.

"Do you have to go? The game was just getting good." I faked it.

"Nah man. I’m going to some party with Zack. So I’ve gotta get going now."

"Alright, see ya." I replied. We gave each other a quick man hug before he left. When his car was gone, I started getting ready for Lexi’s birthday party. When it was 4:50, I rushed out of my house, and into my car. I had Lexi’s present in my car. I bought her this cute teddy bear she had been wanting, a t-shirt that said ‘My Dad’s A Rock Star’, and a little sun

dress.

I backed out of my driveway, quickly making it to Aly’s house with five minutes to spare. I picked up the purple bag that everything was in. I walked into the house. I made my way through her house, and to the back yard. When I stepped outside, I wanted to run and hide. At the grill Zack was fixing hamburgers, around the little fire sat Rian, his girlfriend Liz, Mandy, Aly, and Jack. There was one free seat between Liz and Mandy, and another on the other side of Aly. I froze when I saw that Jack was holding Lexi. My daughter was being held by my best friend.

"Alex?" Rian asked me. He was clearly confused. He called out my name before I could run away.

"What are you do-," Jack started to ask, but Lexi saw me.

"Daddy!" She squealed, easily shrugging out of Jack’s lap, and running my way. Without second guessing it, I picked her up, and hugged her tightly.

"Hey, Princess," I replied as I sat her present down on the table. I made my way to the camp fire, taking the empty chair next to Aly.

"I thought that you weren’t coming." Her lower lip pouted a little bit. Lexi always did that when she was sad.

"I wouldn’t miss it." I replied to my little girl, forgetting my friends that were staring at me with wide expressions.

"She really was worried." Aly told me. "She told me to go get you a couple of times."

"Daddy’s little girl." I chuckled.

"Lexi, baby girl, you’ve got daddy wound around you pinky so tight."

"So?" I laughed, and then shrugged. "Seriously, Aly, I wouldn’t miss it for the world." I kissed Lexi’s head. She was playing with my L necklace again.

"Alex, why didn’t you tell us?" Jack looked hurt.

I looked over at Aly for a minute, dreading my reason.

"Because I’m a fucking douche."

"Alex!" Aly hissed.

Lexi looked at me with wide eyes.

"Sorry, Princess." I replied.

"Daddy you said a bad word!" She looked upset now.

I sighed out of frustration. Aly looked at me carefully, I returned her stare.

"Alex, please don’t ever say that word around my daughter again. You got me?"

"She is our daughter, and I won’t. It just slipped."

Aly shook her head at me.

"Dammit, Al! Tell me what you want me to say."

"Alex!" Her anger growing. "Do you try to piss me off, or does it come naturally?!"

"Obviously I do." I said sarcastically. "She is ours, not just yours."

"That’s funny considering you never claim her."

"I do claim her! I never denied it!"

"That’s because it’s obvious!"

"Mommy, Daddy?" Lexi asked from my lap, making us both look at her. "Why are you yelling?" She asked as she started to cry. Aly looked concerned, and Lexi cuddled further into my chest.

"Oh baby, mommy and daddy are sorry." Aly apologized for the two of us.

"We didn’t mean to upset you, Princess."

"Daddy, do you hate mommy."

Exactly the opposite.

"What?! No, or course not!"

"They why are you yelling?" Lexi’s lip trembled, and Aly’s did the exact same thing.

"I could never hate your mommy." I stated. I leaned over, kissing Aly’s cheek softly. "See, no hate."

Lexi crossed her arms, and continued to pout.

"That’s definitely Alex’s kid." Liz joked.

"A She-Gaskarth to the max." Rian agreed with his girlfriend. "So how did this happen?"

I looked over at Aly.

"Wanna take this one?"

"Can we both?"

Aly actually looked terrified to talk about it.

"Sure." I agreed all too quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aweeeee so now his friends know! Stupid Alex for keeping Lexi a secret. Shame on him xD

COMMENT!

- Rae <3