Sequel: August Is Over
Status: Active. Comments = Updates

Secret Valentine

Coloring My Senses Cherry Red

I sat down at lunch alone just like any other day, but I was soon joined by Rian, Jack, Liz, and Mandy. I gave them all confused looks, but Mandy just shrugged.

"Okay, so what gives?" I finally asked.

"You’re cool, Alyson." Jack stated as if it was obvious. "Do you honestly think that we would just ignore you now?"

"I was kind of banking on it."

"Sorry." Liz smiled. "Can’t get rid of us that easy."

"We aren’t Alex." Rian added to his girlfriend’s statement. "Speaking of the little devil, here he comes."

I turned around, and I saw Alex coming toward us, but he wasn’t alone. Behind him trailed Candy. I rolled my eyes, and was swallowed by my thoughts. That were we now? Alex just wanted to us me, but I wasn’t going to let him. It was then that I decided that the cat was going to be the mouse.

I hope Alex likes cheese.

"Alyson?" Jack snapped his fingers in front of my face.

I was deep in thought.

"Yeah, Jack?"

"I said why do you put up with his bullshit?"

I was about to answer when Alex took a seat beside me. I avoided eye contact with him, and I kept my eyes on Jack.

"I won’t much longer."

Jack only nodded.

"You won’t what?" Alex looked at me.

"Nothing." I waved it off.

Liz giggled.

"You are coming to our show Thursday, right?" Rian asked me.

"Depends." I shrugged. "Lexi might be going to my parent’s house."

"I thought that your parents like hate you?" Mandy replied, clearly confused.

"They’re still mad at me, but they love my little girl. My mom only talks to my about Lexi."

"And only about her?"

"Yupp." I admitted. "So it really does depend on her."

"Oh...okay." Jack nodded.

Alex was unusually quiet. It kind of pissed me off.

"Yeah." I nodded. "I’ve got to go guys. I’ve got to go to study hall early."

"I’ll walk you."

It was Alex.

"Uh...sure?" I stood up, and tossed my lunch that I hadn’t even touched into the trash can. I knew that Alex was following me, so I didn’t bother to even slow down. Once we were in a deserted hall way, he pulled lightly on my wrist, making me turn around.

"Okay, I know that you’re pissed."

"Nooo, Alex. What would ever give you that idea?"

I rolled my eyes.

"I had to get ready for school."

"I know." I nodded. "I’m just mad that you didn’t wake me up."

"You were sleeping. I really didn’t want to wake you up. I know that you have that sleeping disorder."

I knew he was pulling answers out of nowhere. It was a typical Alex move. In fact, I’ve heard him say the almost exact same thing to Candy a month or so ago.

"That’s so....sweet." I acted.

"I try." He laughed, and smiled at me. "I really like that cheery red lipstick, by the way."

I smiled the best that I could.

"Me too." I agreed. "So how exactly are you going to make this up to me?"

Alex winked at me.

"I’ll think of something." He replied before he walked away. I rolled my eyes, and rounded the corner. A tall football player was standing right in front of my locker.

"Can I help you?" I asked the good looking blonde boy.

"You’re Alyson, right?"

"Yeah..."

"I’m Landon."

"Hey." I smiled.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me this Thursday?"

I nodded, eager that someone besides Alex was showing interest in me.

"Yeah."

"Great! Here’s my number. Call me anytime." He handed me a piece of paper.

I sure hope that Alex doesn’t find out. Ha, yeah right.

Looks like I am going to go to the All Time Low concert, and this time, I have a date.
♠ ♠ ♠
Andddd let the games begin! :D

COMMENT! Please? I'm begging here!

- Rae <3