Sequel: August Is Over
Status: Active. Comments = Updates

Secret Valentine

So Bitter Sweet By Our Design

"You’ve got to be fucking kidding me!" I yelled at myself. Today had started off great, but was slowly going to terrible. After school, I heard that Landon Reese, a football player, asked out Aly. It made it ten times worse that she had actually agreed. I was really upset about that. I thought that we were going somewhere. Guess not.

"Dude, it’s not the end of the world. She’s probably just shocked that someone besides you happens to be showing interest in her. Why in the hell does it matter so much?" Rian asked me.

Of if he knew, if they all knew about what happened last night.

"It just does." I muttered.

"Whatever." Rian rolled his eyes.

"Time for practice?" Jack asked us.

"Zack get your ass down here!" I yelled up into the kitchen. Sure enough, Zack came running down the stairs with a sandwich and a coke.

"Stop stuffing your damn face. We’ve got to start now!" Rian instructed from his drum kit.

Zack sat down his food, and he picked up his bass.

 

 

Two hours later, I just got home, and no one was home. I reached for my cell phone, and I called Aly.

"Alex?"

"Sup?"

"Just dropped Lexi off to my mom’s house. What about you?"

"Um...I actually just wanted to talk to you actually."

Can you sense my nervousness.

"I’ll be there in five." Aly hung up the phone. I groaned, and I tried to think about what I was going to say to her. I just hope that it works out in my favor.

 

It didn’t work out that way. Aly got here, and I melted right into her arms. Everything that the girl did caused butterflies in the pit of my stomach. She knew that it did too. She had to know what she did to me, or else she wouldn’t use it to her advantage so much.

"Alex?"

I turned to look at the highlighted brunette laying in my bed beside me.

"Yeah?"

"What do we call this?"

I was at a loss for words. I wanted to confess my love for her. I wanted to tell her that she was the only girl I wanted.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked.

"Like, what would you label this?"

"I would say..." I trailed off. "Aly, why don’t we just call it a relationship?"

She made an un-happy face.

"I’m not ready for one of those."

"Oh."

My heart ached.

"How about friends with benefits?"

"But we have Lexi...wouldn’t we be a couple?" I tried to argue.

"Alex, please?" She pouted.

Something got into her, and I didn’t like it.

"Sure." I smiled and kissed her forehead. It was nearly impossible to say no to her.

 

At 7:00 am, I rolled over, and reached out for Aly. My arm only hit the ruffled sheets. I figured that she got up, and went home to shower. I stood up from my bed. Today would be Hell, and then tomorrow was our Thursday show. I was almost looking forward to it. When I got to school, I began my search for Aly, or at least Jack.

It didn’t take long to find her. Aly was standing by her locker, talking to Landon. She was flirting too. She might not be to obvious, but I could clearly tell, because I know her better. Landon was soaking it all in too. I could tell that he liked her, because of the body language. It really upset me. I finally grew a pair, and walked up to them.

"Hey, Alyson?"

"Back off, Gaskarth. I saw this one first." Landon lightly. "No one night stand with this one."

I rolled my eyes.

"I’ve had her so many times that you’d basically be making out with me, okay?" I was angry with her. "I was asking if you were still coming to our concert on Thursday?"

"I-er-sorry, but not." She declined. "I’ve already got plans." She shot Landon a sexy smile with her cherry red lips. That same smile she used to only ever give me. I gave her a glare before I stomped off. Aly had started a game that I had no intention on joining in on. I was going to either win her fairly, or just let her go. I wanted to be her knight in shining armor, not some caveman. It was her choice to change into some toy, but that didn’t mean I had to play along.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you love the update!

Comment faster = update faster :)

Rae <3