Chronicles of the Apocalypse

Chapter One...S.S.D.D.

You're probably wondering how my parents were able to survive Zero Day right now. Well, they are what you would call "overly paranoid." They had spent several years making a bomb shelter underground, of course, they were also smart about it. They had waited several years before coming up to the surface. My mother was pregnant when the intial blast happened, so I basically spent the first years of my life underground. Wonderful beginning isn't it?
When we opened the hatch to the surface, it was blinding to say the least, spending your entire life underground makes the sun even brighter when you first see it. Pretty much all plantlife was gone, and whatever animals that did make it were mutated creatures. So, it became my parents job to keep me alive until I was able to handle the firearms myself.
All my life on the surface I had heard myths of an Oasis that never ran out, the only existing plantlife left on Earth.
Right now however, my search for it has come to a stop...out of gas, and it's night. Bad idea to move around at night, what with the Rukh that fly around. So here I am, sitting in an old, beat up truck with no gas, hardly any food or water, and my dad's old rifle. I might as well lay back, and fall asleep with the hopes I won't get eaten or something...
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, short chapter, expect a lot of these