Chronicles of the Apocalypse

Chapter Four...FUBAR'd Situations...

"Alright John, what did I get myself into?"
He simply stared at me and said "A hunt you will more than likely not survive." I shrugged and finished my beer. "Okay...where is it?" He replied with "North, very far north." Which meant its silver fur was to not only keep it warm but also have it blend in with its surroundings. I got up and found the waitress who asked me about this job. Then said "Excuse me, miss, what is your name?" She turned around "My name is Annie, why?" I glared at her "So I know who to be pissed at when this wolf-thing is in the process of ripping out my throat, and you kind of neglected to tell me that this thing is in the Tundra region." She stammered "W-well I figured you would have guessed that from the silver fur!" It was all I could do not to smack her across the face, but my father taught me that hitting a woman is bad, even if the woman tends to leave out vital information. "Alright Annie, I'll hunt your wolf-thing, but I better get at least twenty-five percent of what you make, otherwise I am going to put a bullet in your head and take all of the money my damn self, understood?" She nodded and told me to leave so she can get back to work, I did as I was told and nodded towards John with a 'we're leaving' sort of look. He grabbed my rifle and followed me out the door.
"So, are you still going to hunt this beast?" he asked. "Yep." All he did was laugh. "What all did you buy from the market?" Had to check to see if we needed anything else. "A few fruits, some vegetables, and Kragg meat." I ran his grocery list through my head to make sure there was nothing else we may have needed, there wasn't. The rest of the walk to the mechanic was silent, I was pretty goddamn pissed off at Annie for not telling me where the wolf was, but then again, I didn't ask.
The walk to the mechanic's shop was pretty short, it was only a couple blocks from the bar, but with the number of eyes on me, it felt like it was too long. I opened the door and saw that my truck was labeled "FUBAR'd" Fucking great. "That your truck?" a voice rang out from under another vehicle. For the sake of being polite I had to answer "Yep...and it's that bad huh?" He pushed himself out from under the vehicle he was working on. "Well, your door is clearly clawed up, your engine suffered a shit ton of damage, I'm assuming from a Kragg or some other undesirable, so yes...It is that bad." He explained. Before I could say anything, John told me he would give me a ride as far as he could take me. The mechanic gave me some money and a tank of gas as an apology and wished us luck. Hmph...Luck...that is something I have not have for quite some time.