For Worse, or For Better?

001

The car ride there was silent. She sat there contently, looking out the window to the familiar surroundings of Norfolk, Virginia. For years she loafed the fact that her parents had moved her and the rest of their family across the county to Greeley, Colorado. Fourteen years, she grew up in Norfolk, but after the first two months of the most amazing freshman year she thought could possibly exist, her parents packed up a truck with everyone’s belongings and drove thirty-four hours to her new hell.

Emily, the oldest out of her four sisters, had the most trouble adjusting to the change of scenery. Moving from a city that had everything, to a city that had almost nothing bothered her. The small city called Greeley held little diversity in the people. There weren’t many races combined, and there weren’t any people who had the same interests.

When she arrived at her new school, she could tell it wasn’t going to end well. She had only made two friends, her grades dropped, and in the small-town society, she didn’t fit in with everyone else. Back home, she was a very social person, talked to everyone, polite to everyone and had a large group of friends that were vastly different in their own way. However, in Colorado, after a year, she hadn’t found any friends. Her grades dropped drastically, her cutting problems worsened, she’d stopped eating, and she strayed far away from her family. ..Far away. The phone calls every night to Virginia didn’t keep her sane any longer.

The next year, when she was sixteen, her parents as well as uncle finally realized there was a drastic change in Emily. Since the year they’d moved to Greeley, Emily had lost half of her body fat, refused to talk to anyone, and wouldn’t step out of her room unless it was to use the bathroom or head off to school. They were worried, so they found the only solution was to move her back to where she belonged.

When her parents told her the news, Emily was ecstatic. She jumped for joy and for the first time in two years, hugged her parents. For the first time in years, she was happy, and for the first time in years, she’d be home again.

So, there she sat at the present time in her grandmothers car on the way to her home. Her belongings were shipped previously, and she was granted money from her parents to buy new clothes for school. A small smile grew upon her pale face as the car pulled into her grandmothers driveway, and the second she stepped out of the car, Emily was tacked into a hug from her favorite aunt, Mary.

She couldn’t believe it, she was home. She felt comfortable, she felt happy, and she was overjoyed that her aunt was taking her off to the mall for a ‘girls day out.’
♠ ♠ ♠
The first ones always short. Comments are always nice.