Status: completed;

Keep Running

Red Goes Missing

Gold and silver for me, black and purple for her; these are the colors of our bracelets. Red’s my best friend and we made a promise to keep these bracelets on no matter what happens. Well, it happened, 2019 in California. Damn Apocalypse. As we sat in my room, the glass from my window broke, and two men who looked like vampires in white suits shot her with some sort of gun.

“No, let her go!” I shouted as I ran towards her but one of them dragged her away.

“KORSE IS ALMIGHTY, HE WILL RULE.” He chanted as he started walking towards me. His gun was pointed directly at my chest and I have no weapon, except my legs.

I took a running start and he shot at me. Just barely dodging it, I kept going and kicked him in the stomach. The man’s gun went flying from his hands as he stumbled backwards and landed perfectly in my hands.

“Sayonara motherfucker.” I whispered.

Bang, dead vampire.

The white little ray gun seemed familiar to me, like I’ve seen it on a poster…but colored. Ah, the Killjoys. The stupid, vigilante Killjoys, I would never be one even if my life depended on it.
Oh shit, there I go being rude again. Let me introduce myself.

Hey there, I’m Travis Parker and I’m 19 years old. Yeah, I’m young but my birthday is in three days. I don’t know why we didn’t leave when we heard the news of the Apocalypse but I guess it’s too late now. Uh, yeah, I live alone. I’m a girl, just to clear up any confusion because of my name. Travie is my nickname, so refer to me as that so there are no more confused faces out there. I have no idea where Red is now or if she’s even alive, but either way, I’m never taking off my bracelets.

Anyway, back to this shitty ordeal.

Like I said, Killjoys, they’re just a waste of space. Where they hell are they when I have these damn vampire things busting through my fucking window? Yeah, apparently, the memo didn’t reach them yet. They’ll be here soon, I guess.

For the first time in ages, I climbed out of my window and stepped down on the dusty street. I live in Battery City so there are not a lot of families living here unless they’re brainwashed or have nowhere else to go. The Better Living Industries have controlled everything since the beginning of 2019 but I never could figure out the names of those vampire things they send around. A big screen outside the house made a little buzzing noise and other families
walked outside as well.

“Ah! You seem to be looking lovely today, everyone. You know the drill. Killjoys,” a picture of all four Killjoys appeared and they all had red ‘X’s across their faces, “Keep them away from your kids, your home, and your life. You’ll rebel to anything and everything, which is bad. Turn them in and you’ll be safe for as long as you shall live.” Korse, come on, we know this already. Turn them in and stay protected, we got it. “Remember, one BLI pill a day keep the bad thoughts away.” With that, the screen went black and everyone went back inside their homes.

All except me.

I just stayed out there and looked at the busted up homes and poor conditions of everything. These were like modern day tenements, disgusting. I sighed and shook my head, climbing back through my window. A picture fell down with me as I made it in. It was me and Red. God, where could she be? Maybe she’s…probably stuck in…away at…safe in…finishing sentences when you hear the police knock is difficult. I slumped to the door and opened in, only to see a bright white flash then everything go dark…
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter and I'm in love with this story. I have the majority of it written out. I'm still posting everything else as well!