Status: completed;

Keep Running

Karma and Baby Boston

“That would be me. How do you know my full name?”

“I’ve been following you and reading your future since I heard the first transmission about you, Travis. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Kosmic Karma and you could say I’m your future reader. You’re going to all address me as Karma until I officially figure out Travis’ future, okay?”

We all nodded and she sat down at a separate booth, pulling out a notebook. Her eyes closed and she began sketching something. I had no idea what it was but I wasn’t about to fuck with that voodoo future seeing shit right now.

Gerard finally made his way over to me and he held my face, stroking my cheeks with his thumbs. I giggled a little and Mikey kept checking Karma out, admiring all of her feature. Can someone tell this chick her services aren’t needed? Goddamn, she’s been drawing attention to herself and I don’t appreciate how my boy is constantly looking at her.

Frank’s doing the same and Songbird is not gonna deal with this bullshit again. Karma finally opened her eyes and waved me over. I blinked and shook my head. Her eyes turned angry so I ran my ass over there so I wouldn’t be fucked over. She showed me the drawing and I couldn’t believe it. It was a picture of me and Gerard holding a little baby that had my facial features, his eyes, my hair color but his length. The baby was absolutely beautiful but did this mean that Gerard would be getting me pregnant in the future? Everything looked perfect until she pointed to the background and I saw another baby, burning in the Trans-Am. I took the time to look at our faces and they were pained. So, we had two babies and one died. What?

“Karma, what the hell is this?” I asked, on the verge of tears. One of the babies I had would die in the Trans-Am, probably because Korse found us or something. Gerard took a step towards us but Karma shot him a glare.

“This is your future, Travis. The child you are holding is one of your surviving twins. His name is Tyson and Gerard named the other twin after your middle name, Boston.”

“I see the children but why is Boston burning in the Trans-Am? What the fuck is this?”

“Korse found your child and said he would only release him if you would be his wife. Obviously, you didn’t. That’s why Boston is burning.” This voodoo bitch is really pissing me off. There is absolutely no reason I would let my child burn like that, even if Korse was forcing me to marry him. I would’ve gotten baby Boston back one way or another.

I gestured for Gerard to come over and he saw the drawing then noticed Boston. His expression was pained and his arms rested on my shoulders. My fingers intertwined with his as he rested his chin on my head. I knew he felt the same as I did, scared and shocked that one of our children died like this.

“Draw my future.”

“As you wish.” Karma studied him and then put her pencil on the paper, still staring at him. Her hand was shaky and nothing but scribbles appeared on the paper. “Shit, I can’t read you.”

“That’s some Twilight shit right there.” I muttered under my breath. Gerard snorted and then started laughing with me. Karma was obviously not very amused with us finding humiliate in her lack of reading. Mikey crept up behind Gerard and peered over to look at Karma. This boy really liked her.

Not that I knew that this is how he acted. Maybe it was abnormal for him to be creeping around. I’d have to ask Gerard on that one.

“Karma, if I may ask, where the hell did you come from?”

“Zone 18, its not too far from here, its actually fairly close. My parents brought us to that zone so that we wouldn’t have to keep living in Battery City, which is where you’re from, I suppose.” I nodded in response and she continued on, “Not many people have my gift or any gift at all. But you do, Travis. You have two gifts, actually. Your first gift is the gift to charm, which you so obviously did to poor Gerard. Your second gift is the ability to mimic voices. I know you haven’t actually tried to, but I’ve been watching your future and your progress grows and grows every day. Have you ever tried impersonating someone’s voice?” Karma looked at the crowd that had now formed around all of us.

“Uh, n-no. Should I?”

“Try doing Gerard.”

“That’s what she said.” I heard Frank whisper to Mary.

“You pervert! Uh, alright.” I took a deep breath and thought of something Gerard said, “Frank and I have a joint present for you, you sick bastard.” It was a feeble attempt but I thought I sounded like him. Gerard and Frank laughed while Karma shook her head, like she was rating my voice.

Okay, maybe this girl wouldn’t be as much trouble as I thought she would be.