Status: completed;

Keep Running

Keep Running for Miles

Travis’ POV

Don’t ask me where I’m going because I don’t know either. It just felt right to leave and not deal with the Killjoys anymore. I promised myself that I wouldn’t do anything with the Killjoys and I went and became the biggest hypocrite known to man…or woman.

As I continued walking down the dirt road, the familiar lights of Battery City finally came into view. We must’ve been at least a good 50 or 60 miles away but once you’re on the run from something, your pace picks up a shit load.

Once I finally entered the city again, my house looked ruined as hell. I mean, it was bad before but I never realized how bad it really was. I opened the door and stepped inside, taking a seat on my ratty red couch. Everything inside seemed distance and…new. Almost like when you leave to go on a vacation and when you come back to your house, it just seems off for a bit. But I was only gone for three days…how could everything seem so weird all of a sudden.

A small knock at the door made me jump a bit, but I left it. Hell, who cares if I’m home?

“Travis Parker. Travis Parker? Oh well, I guess we can’t tell her about her dead brother…” the voice faded away and I froze on the couch. That was a joke. That shit was a prank, right? Wait…my brother was alive?

Shit.

I got on my tip toes and looked through the peephole, watching a man in a black suit walking away from the door. It was…real?

Another knock on the door made me cry. Not a yell, just a few tears. I stayed silent once again and tucked my knees into my chest.

“Trav. Trav! Travis Michelle Parker!” the voice sounded familiar. It definitely came from a male but what male knew my whole name?

“M-Miles?” I whispered, not wanting to actually wanting it to be him.

“Travis,” he whispered back.

My brother wasn’t dead.

I ran to the door and opened it, only to see someone that looked nothing like the guy in the pictures I saw of my brother.

“Who are you?” my voice was pretty husky and low only because I was pissed.

“Travis, I’m your brother.” he said with a small smile. No he wasn’t.

“B-But your…uh…”

“White?”

“Uh, yeah. I didn’t want to be rude or anything..” The guy gently touched my arm and kissed the top of my head.

“I am your brother. Mom and Dad could never work up the courage to tell you the truth.”

“Truth? What were they hiding? Why couldn’t they tell me?”

“Travis, you’re adopted. They couldn’t tell you because…”

“Because what? Stop with that pausing shit!” I yelled, clenching my hands to make fists.

“Your real parents are Agent Cherry Cola and Korse.”

My heart dropped and I felt my face flush from caramel to vampire pale. It couldn’t be true…those evil asses couldn’t be my real parents.

“But…he was hitting on me…” I whispered.

“The pills. He takes them too.” Miles gave me a hug and I accepted it, giving him a sharp squeeze since I had a brother and my parents were the ones turning the world to shit.

Everything was starting to make a bit more sense. Of course Korse would want me to stay and be a show girl, he knew I was his daughter and he wanted to please his customers. Agent Cherry Cola was always trying to kill us off one at a time but I’ve never physically seen her. Maybe she was hiding. Or maybe she was right under our noses.

“Miles, have you seen Agent Cherry Cola?” I asked suddenly, letting go of him to quickly put my shoes back on.

“Uh, no, no I have not. Despite the fact she’s your mother, I haven’t met her at all. Just asshole dad.” Miles looked at me as I glanced down at my bracelets again.

“Come on, we’re going to see the Killjoys one last time, then I’m going to find her, Mikey, and Red at BLI.” I grabbed his arm, pulling him outside the house and into the hot sun. My feet began speaking for themselves as I began running down the desert gravel, listening to the crunching behind me.

“Who’s Mikey?” he asked, trying to catch up with me.

“Keep running,” I yelled before picking up my pace.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter for Amy! c: