Status: On hold

I Know You Love Me

Off to Stratford

"And I was like baby, baby, baby ohhh. Like, baby, baby, baby noo."

"Ugh!" I smacked the off button on the car radio. "Worst song ever!"

"Oh, Shauna," My mom took my hand. "Don't be in such a bad mood! You're going to see your dad that you haven't seen in 6 months."

"For good reason too!" I snapped. I didn't like going to my dads house because of his dumb wife. I loved my dad and everything and it was fine being with him but his new wife was just a dumb ass blond.

My mom sighed. "One day you're going to realize that that woman is not that bad."

"You don't like her either, mom." I said.

"Well that's for a good reason and you know it!" She raised her voice a little bit. I probably shouldn't have said that. Dad was always a touchy subject for her because he broke her heart by running out on us.

"Sorry," I muttered. My dad lived in Stratford, Ontario, Canada and whenever my mom felt like blowing some money she'd always send me up to see him. We, of course, had to live in Arizona which was pretty much the farthest state away from where he lived and the nearest airport to my mom's house was an hour away so lucky me had to sit in the car for an hour, then get on a plane for like 6 more hours to freaking Canada.

The drive to the airport seemed like it was 3 hours long but in reality my mom had actually sped the whole way and we were there in about 45 minutes.

"I'm going to miss you so much, sweetie." My mom pulled me into a tight hug.

"I'll miss you too, mom. I'll call all the time." I promised but we both knew that I probably wouldn't.

"I love you, Shauna. Don't give your father or his wife a hard time, okay?"

"Okay, I'll try not to." I said quietly. "I love you too."

We hugged once more and I grabbed my bags to board the plane. I looked back over my shoulder once to smile and wave at my mom then walked into the boarding dock that my plane was taking off from. I'd done this a million times and I wasn't really nervous this time.

"Ticket please." The woman at the stand held out her hand. I handed her my ticket and she scanned it. "Have a nice flight."

A weird guy behind me followed me all the way to my seat and because I had such fantastic luck he sat right across the aisle from me. When I looked over at him he winked and I looked quickly back towards the window. This was going to be a long ass flight.
♠ ♠ ♠
--
Comment and tell me what you think, criticism and suggestions welcome <3

:D