Status: On hold

I Know You Love Me

Confrontation

My dad and I finished eating and went outside to walk around for a little while. It was good to be back in Stratford with my dad although I would've much rather been in Arizona with my mom.

"I missed ya, Shaun." My dad gave me a hug and did that little shake that dad's do.

"I missed you too, dad." I smiled and hugged him back. We walked around town for awhile, again talking about how life has been and what's new with us.

"Ready to head home?" He asked me after about half an hour to 45 minutes of walking around.

"I don't know..." I looked down the street, reluctant to go home.

"Well, I really need to get home and help Jan with dinner."

"We just ate," I argued.

"Shaun...they haven't eaten yet." He said.

"I know," I pouted. "I just don't want to go home yet."

"I'll tell you what," he reached into his back pocket and pulled out his wallet. was he really going to bribe me? "I'll give you a couple bucks and you can take the bus home when you feel like it." He handed me ten bucks.

"Thanks, dad!" I grabbed the ten and hugged him once more.

"Just be careful," He said sternly. "Love you."

"Love you too," I said as he started walking off. I headed down the opposite way to a couple stores that were next to the restaurant we were in earlier. I check them out for awhile and looked at clothes until it got a little dark. I went outside and glanced around looking for a bus stop, my eyes freezing when they landed on one that was a couple blocks down and there appeared to be the kid from the restaurant.

I slowly made my down to the bus stop and I sat down next to him, not knowing if I should say anything or not.

"Hey," I finally said.

"Oh, um," He looked startled but didn't look at me. "Hey."

"When does the bus come?" I asked, trying not to sound like the stalker I apparently was.

"Uhh," He looked at his big, chunky black watch. "About ten minutes."

"Cool..." I trailed off. I looked him over. His stance irritated me. The way he sat on the bench with his legs spread out, looking very nonchalant.

"Where are you from?" He still didn't look at me.

"I'm originally from Arizona, I'm just here visiting my dad for the summer."

"Sweet." He said.

"What about you? Where do you live?" I asked.

"All over the place, I guess."

"Oh, you're parents move a lot?"

"Yeah," He laughed. "I guess you could say that." He looked down at his shoes and so did I.

"Nice shoes!" I said, suprisingly with no sarcasm in my voice. They were my favorite guys' shoes, Supras. Lil Wayne wore them and I was a huge fan.

"Thanks, I get 'em special made."

Then I realized it. "Ohh, you're a rich kid, huh? That explains why you don't wanna talk to me."

"What?" He scoffed. "What the hell does that mean? Just because a person is rich you automatically think that they're a snob or a jerk?"

"No!" I said, defensively. "I just meant-"

"Yeah, you just meant that how much money you have defines you and you can't be a good person because you or your parents or whatever are successful."

"Dude!" I yelled. "That is not what I meant! If you'd let me finish I meant that a lot of rich kids that I've met here have been really mean to me."

"Well, it's not the case for everyone..." He said, quietly.

"I'm sorry, but that's not what I meant. I just haven't had good experiences." I softly punched his arm and smiled. "Forgive me?"

He laughed softly. "I guess so...would you maybe like to...hang out sometime?"

"With a rich kid?" I gasped. "Never!" and I hoped he got my joke.

"Shut up," He laughed. "Give me your number." He took out his phone and I told him my number. I looked over at his phone when he was in 'Contacts' and I saw someone named Usher.

I started laughing. "Usher? Really?"

"Hey, now." He laughed.

"And I thought I was weird. Why did you name someone 'Usher'?" I asked. "Next thing I know I'm going to be called Selena Gomez. She's a bad ass though so you can put that as my name if you like."

"For your information," He said, mocking a girl's voice. "I happen to know both Usher and Selena Gomez."

"Whatever," I laughed and poked his arm. "Just admit you're a weirdo fan."

"If you say sooo," He smiled and looked me in the face for the first time.

"What's your name, by the way." I asked.

"It's, uh, Drew." He said.

"Drew?" I cocked my head to the side. "Nice."

"Yep."

"Ohh, okay. Well, I'm Shaun." I put out my hand for him to shake it.

"Nice to meet you, Shaun." He said as the bus pulled up. "Our chariot awaits us." He stood up and held out his hand for me to grab it.

"Thank you, kind sir." I chuckled and we hopped on the bus. I guess I could handle Stratford boys, afterall.
♠ ♠ ♠
--
I deleted this chapter and had to rewrite the whole thing.
Honestly, the first time I wrote it it was a thousand times better so forgive me!

Sub and Comment?