Status: Complete

Danger Days: The Escape

Come Escape with Me

Time seemed to stand still as the three people in the storage room stared at the person opposite them. It took a few moments for Jet Star to find his legs before he ran at full force toward the figure, pulling them into his arms and hugging tightly.

“Bob! I can’t believe you’re here!” he exclaimed loudly.

“How on Earth...” Party Poison trailed off, trying to decipher in his head how it was possible for their captured friend to be standing in front of them uncaptured and smiling.

“I’ll explain everything when we get back to the house, but right now we’ve got to get out of here before they notice Kobra Kid’s missing.”

The three men ran quickly from the storage room toward the entrance of BL/IND. It took them a couple of minutes as they were at opposites ends of the building, but the important thing was that they hadn’t seen a single draculoid during that time. When they were safely through the glass doors, Bob hurriedly relocked the door and followed the other two back to the mustang.

In the front seat of the car Lady Killer had her arms draped around Kobra Kid’s torso lazily, placing sloppy kisses on his cheek. To anyone who didn’t know them, they’d look like they were dating; but really, it was just Lady Killer’s way of showing affection to her friends. She was also trying to distract herself from the gnawing feeling inside her that something would go wrong and Party Poison and Jet Star would be caught, if not killed. In the back seat, Fun Ghoul was having similar dilemma going through his own mind. He was glad that Kobra Kid was safe with them now, but he just wanted Party Poison back in the car next to him.

Lady Killer paused from her kisses to speak. “What do you think is taking them so long? They should be back here by now.”

They looked around nervously at each other; they were all thinking the same thing. But, as if on cue, the sound of running feet hitting pavement could be heard rapidly approaching them. Fun Ghoul, Kobra Kid, and Lady Killer’s mouths gaped open in fright when they saw three figures running toward the car instead of two. Their first thoughts were that a draculoid had discovered them and was chasing after them while he waited for back up, but then they, they being Lady Killer and Fun Ghoul, caught sight of the blonde hair and matching beard.
They could hardly believe their eyes; their faces turned to ones of shock.

“Bob!” Lady Killer exclaimed. In one fluid movement she had let go of Kobra Kid, leapt from the car, and managed to somehow get over to Bob, throwing her arms around his neck.

He pried her away gently and looked sternly into her brown eyes. “Drive back to the house, I’ll explain everything there, just go.”

Bob pushed her toward the car and then began running away from them. This confused everyone; wasn’t he meant to be with them?

“Get in the car, Bob!” Jet Star screamed after him, his voice filled with panic, as he slipped into the front seat next to Lady Killer.

“I have my own ride! Just go!”

They listened to his command and ignited the engine. Lady Killer sped the car off through the underground tunnel, past the booth beside the smashed boom gate, until they reached the streets of Battery City. As they approached the desert of Zone 12, a familiar car swung in beside them. It was the gang’s beloved trans-am that Kobra Kid had taken with him when he ran away. Behind the wheel was Bob, who gave them one of his rare Cheshire cat grins, before accelerating harder and overtaking them quite easily. They still couldn’t believe he had escaped.

In the back seat of the mustang, after Bob had passed them, Party Poison and Kobra Kid held each other in a tight embrace. Party Poison had tears rolling down his cheeks as he whispered to his brother about how much he had missed him and how worried he was. This lasted for a long time, leaving Fun Ghoul feeling rather awkward sitting next to them. He was happy that the brothers had been reunited, but more so, he was jealous that it wasn’t him in Party Poison’s strong and comforting arms. Maybe later, he thought, maybe later.

It was coming up for five o’clock when they arrived at the Zone 2 house and they were exhausted; all they wanted was to go to sleep in their nice, warm beds. Instead when they walked through the front door they all entered the living room, where Bob had been waiting for a good ten minutes, and sat down across the various furnishings.

Bob was the first to speak. “Kobra Kid, how does it feel to be on the outside?”

“Fucking awesome,” he replied. “I can’t believe you all came looking for me. Thank you, for everything you’ve been doing to get me out. Especially you, Bob; Jet told me just how much help you’ve been.”

Bob shrugged. “It was nothing. Besides, I wouldn’t have been able to do any of it without my new friends.”

“How did you escape?” Lady Killer asked.

He looked thoughtful for a minute before he replied, choosing his words carefully. “It’s all a big blur – it happened so fast. They’d locked my up in one of the cells, but they hadn’t searched me yet, so I still had my PDA in my pocket. I used the little stick off it to pick the lock on the cell and essentially walked straight out. Then I remembered you, Jet, telling me about the car that Kobra Kid had taken. I looked around the grounds and found it hidden under an old tarp with the keys still in the ignition, so I jumped in and drove off to Battery City.”

“You’re amazing, Bob, honestly.”

The group spent another ten minutes talking about everything that had happened in the last twenty-four hours before they decided to call it a night and head up to bed. The sleeping arrangements stayed the same, with Bob and Jet Star sharing the guest room, Party Poison and Fun Ghoul in the master bedroom, and Lady Killer in her own bedroom, but now Kobra Kid had been added to the mix. It was decided that he would have the sofa bed in the living room until they could find a mattress to put in the small study that would eventually become his bedroom. Although they had all gone to bed, no one had actually gone to sleep.

The master bedroom had an absence of conversation, but as the saying goes, actions speak louder than words.

Party Poison was positioned on top of Fun Ghoul, their lips connected as they shared a passionate kiss that had been building up for days. Their hands were exploring each other’s bodies through the material of their pyjama’s, threading their fingers through their hair, and caressing the skin on their cheeks and necks. While the kissing was urgent, needy, forceful, the touches were soft, loving, and comforting. They needed each other, even if it was only for that one night. Slowly, items of clothing became discarded on the floor until the two men were both naked and vulnerable.

Fun Ghoul’s hands were laid loosely on top of Party Poison’s that were resting delicately on his hips. He asked cautiously out into the darkness, “Should we really be doing this... having sex I mean?”

The man above him nipped at his neck lightly, then moved his lips up to whisper into his ear softly. “We don’t have to... but I’d like to.”

Fun Ghoul thought the proposition over in his head. He wanted Party Poison, really wanted him, but he didn’t just want this night to be sex. The events of the past day had been really traumatic for them both, and he didn’t want to just rush into this physical relationship for the sake of it; he wanted it to mean something, and it would to him, it’d mean everything, but he wanted it to mean something to his bed mate even more. He made his decision.

Gently, he pushed Party Poison off him and pulled his arms around his waist so that they were spooning. “Let’s just be like this tonight, okay?”

Party Poison wasn’t too thrilled about missing out on sex with the man beside him, but so long as he could hold him close he didn’t care. He placed one final soft kiss to Fun Ghoul’s lips, snuggled into his back, and slowly drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey readers!

Honestly, this chapter is a filler, plain and simple. I have a big idea that I hope to put in the next chapter, which will lead into something even bigger. This story is sort of winding up now, so it'll probably be finished in about five more chapters.

I graduate in 4 more days, so I hope to get one more chapter in by then.

Anyway, I shall see you next chapter, where, assuming I put my big idea in, things will become a little more lighthearted and fun... for a little while anyway hehe.

<3