Status: This is just a piece for a competition

The Doorway to our souls

One

It began with just a kiss. A kiss is just a kiss, but for me it was different.

When we met each others eyes, it was almost as if we looked into one another’s soul. She knew that I loved her and I knew that she loved me. The eyes are the doorway to the soul and her wild eyes traded secrets with my own ocean eyes. I admired her beauty, how every part of her face was an essential ingredient that helped craft the perfect face of the woman who stood before me. The atmosphere of the room had changed, as if the whole world had gone into a degree of silent elation. She drew closer to me; I caught the scent of her perfume. The smell was now familiar, she wore the same perfume all of the time.

When we touched the built up tension was broken. Our bodies reacted like a magnet, when I touched her; I knew that we were supposed to be together. My hand explored her upper body and then settled at its usual place at her hip. When my right hand settled at her hip, my left hand swept her golden hair from her face. Her hands did the same, her right hand caressing my chest. Surely she must have felt how fast my heart was pacing.

She only smiled and drew closer to my face; she was just a little smaller than me, and even so, when I went to kiss her I had to bend down. Our eye contact didn’t yield till the last second, when our lips connected our bodies relaxed. We held each other, our lips entwined, our minds filled with deep, hot passion. Her lips were soft, mine must have been too as I felt her slowly bite down on my bottom lip. This drew a smile from me. I dived deep into the kiss again, drawing a giggle from her; we pulled each other to the sofa and opened our eyes.

We spent the night together. Sex is just sex, but for me it was different.
When it was over, we were both exhausted. Beads of perspiration made their appearance on her body; it made her shine in the light of the sun poking through the curtains. She slept till noon, she was tired. She had been through quite an ordeal, now she wanted me. I watched her breathe as she slept in my bed. Her chest rose and fell. She slept almost majestically, her modest breasts emulating her breathing as she slept, for the first time, safe and sound.

I had always noticed the smile which was etched eternally on her smooth face. I took her hand, I couldn’t help it. She meant so much to me; I gripped her hand gently and caressed her face tenderly with my forefinger. Her wild eyes opened and settled on me. I noticed hunger and excitement flare in them for a brief moment. Then it was gone. Our eyes now held a bond. Whenever I looked through her eyes, through the windows to her soul, I saw gratitude and warmth, everlasting appreciation and love.

She was someone special, but we both knew our time was at an end. She never said anything, but her eyes told me everything I needed to know. That night was a night I would never forget, a night filled with deep rapture and warmth. Now, a deep sadness washed over me as her eyes screamed departure. I held her hand as she walked to my door. Her hands held to the door and allowed me a final kiss. Then she disappeared behind the door and down the corridor.

Her soul was angelic, pure white. I had seen it, I had gazed upon it. Somehow I knew from the start that she would have to leave. The contrast between our souls was a dire thing. Hers was white, with no sign of taint, drenched with only love and trust. Mine was similar to hers, but mine was black. My soul once held the remnants of trust and love, but my soul was saturated with anger, lust and dejection. When I had met her, I had thought that my soul had become a lighter shade of black. Perhaps it could be salvaged; perhaps it could even be grey someday. I drew open the curtains and the sunlight met my skin.

I saw her walk out of the door below; she looked back up to my window and saw me. I smiled at her; my smile was touched with humour and sadness. She tilted her head to the side and laughed, her laugh always made me smile to the extent that it would touch my eyes. She winked at me and I closed my eyes to take it in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, do you think its purdy? lol