Status: Slow updates...sorry<3

We Were Barely Seventeen, and We Were Barely Dressed

Trois;

Some time during the movie, I fell asleep. I was awoken by Adam shaking me and screaming in my ear. I jumped at the sound and freaked for a few seconds.

"What the fuck are you thinking?" I yelled at Adam.

"I'm sorry. I just couldn't resist," he said, smiling.

I rubbed my eyes tiredly and looked around the room. Mick and Haylee apparently had to leave.

"So, what are plans for the rest of the day?" Chace asked.

"I think Maria and I are going to go back to her place. Her parents are out of town and we need some r and r if you know what I mean," Rylan said while wiggling his eyebrows.

"Gross," Vi and I said at the same time, which caused us to giggle.

"What about you, Cass?" Vi asked.

"Um, I think I'm going to walk around town and look for a job."

"Oh, you should look at the local pre-school. I think they were looking for people to help out," Adam said.

"Okay. Thanks. Alright, well I better go check it out before it gets too late," I said, getting up and slipping my shoes back on. They all nodded and waved as I got up and walked out the door.

It was such a beautiful day outside. Adam lived right across the street from the park that I met them all at. I watched as a father pushed his son on a swing and the mother took pictures of them. The little boy laughed and giggled as his dad attempted to do many tricks to entertain him.

I kept walking until I got to the little area commonly referred to as downtown. Although, that was kind of stretching it considering it was a tiny town. I noticed the pre-school that Adam mentioned. It was called Marcella's Day Care. I walked into the front building and talked to the receptionist.

"Hi, my name is Cassidy Graham and I was wondering if you had a job application that I could fill out," I said, nervously.

"Oh, honey. We don't have any job applications. This town is so small that everyone knows everyone. You look like a presentable girl. If you would like, you could just fill out this short questionnaire and then set up a time for an interview," she said, smiling at me politely.

"Really? That's awesome. I'll go fill it out now," I said, smiling while picking up the piece of paper from her hand and grabbing a pen from the cup of pens sitting on the counter. I walked over to one of the chairs sitting there and started to answer the quick questions.

Once I was finished filling out the paper, I walked back up the desk to make an appointment.

"Okay, dear. I guess we'll be seeing you tomorrow at 3. Ask for Stacey if I'm not here in the front," she said, smiling.

"Okay. Thank you so much!" I said, turning around to leave.

I walked around the small town for a little while longer and then decided to head home as it started getting dark. Once I made it through the door, my mom started bombarding me with questions about my new friends. I gave her the bare minimum.

"Okay, Cass. Dinner will be done in about half an hour."

I ignored her and walked up the stairs and straight into my bedroom. The room was pretty boring because the walls were a bland white and didn't feel like it belonged to me. I went back down into the garage and found a light blue color. I also found light purple, hot pink, and lime green paints. I quickly grabbed all four and walked up into my room. By the time I had finished moving my furniture around, covering the floors and furniture, and outlining with painting tape, it was time for dinner.

Dinner was super quiet. No one wanted to break the silence that evaded us. Dad finally did when he coughed slightly and turned the attention on me.

"So, Cass, any of the local boys catching your fancy?" he asked.

"Catching my fancy? You can just say that you like. And no. They haven't."

"Well maybe you should wait anyway. It's time for you to just relax and be on your own for a while."

This angered me. I quickly got up and left the room, not even waiting for their permission to be excused. How could he say something like that? I couldn't look either of them in the face before and this just pushed it over the edge.

I quickly turned my iPod on and let the music fill the room as I poured the paint onto the pan for rolling. I painted the walls a solid blue color. By the time I finished with the blue, it was already pushing ten. I cleaned up my mess for the night and took a shower. After showering, I went downstairs and made a chocolate shake before continuing into the basement to sleep for the night.

I turned on the television to see what movies were on before getting out a pillow and blanket. I ended up watching seventeen again. It was her favorite movie. I just wish I could take back everything that happened. I would change everything I did and make everything okay again. She was the world to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short. I'm sorry.