It's A Beautiful Life

3

When I woke up, I was lying, wrapped up in a soft royal blue blanket on some sort of sofa. I heard talking in a different room, so I closed my eyes again and tried to listen the the conversation.

"Yea her Mom just rang me up after three and a bit years, told me I had a daughter then asked if she could stay with me for a while." My 'Father's' voice spoke.

"You never told us you got a chick pregnant Brain?" Another more tough sounding voice spoke.

"Yea, the Mom never told me either she just ran, I suppose."

"You going to try and get close to the little one then?" The tough voice spoke again.

"I don't know, she didn't seem to want to get to know me yesterday, but that could just be a phase?"

"Yea maybe, I like her though." Another different more happy voice spoke out in excitement.
I recognised the voice of the man who carried me inside yesterday. Suddenly footsteps were walking closer to the room I was in. I tried to make it look like I was asleep until I felt someone softly shaking me. I carefully opened my eyes to see a very tall man with black hair and bright blue eyes smiling at me. I tried to snuggle closer into the cushions of the sofa but before I could try and go back to sleep I was pulled into the man's arms with the blanket still wrapped around me. He rested me on his hip so I could rest my head on his shoulder. I stuck my thumb in my mouth and the man brought me into what looked to be a kitchen. In the kitchen there were four other men stood. I recognised one as my 'daddy', he smiled gently at me.

"Hey sweety what's your name? You're Momma never told me." My 'daddy' asked gently. I looked at him scared, my eyes wide. 'Daddy' sighed at me. "Please princess. You're daddy needs to know your name."

"Gemma." I mumbled out. 'Daddy smiled at me.

"Well Gemma this is Johnny, Zacky and Matt." 'Daddy' said pointing to the two large men and the slightly shorter man in front of me. "Jimmy is holding you."

"Don't worry Gemma, Uncle Jimmy is here to look after you." I was still worried but snuggled into Jimmy's shoulder more.

"Jimmy do you want to get Gemma ready so we can take her out to buy some things for her new bedroom?" Jimmy nodded and walked me back to the room where I had slept. He found my bag and pulled out some clothes for me to put on. After Jimmy had got me dressed we got into a large black car with the rest of them. Once we got to the mall I was picked up by Uncle Jimmy, he took me to the different shops. When he finally put me down, him and the other men were standing in the line for a fast food shop. I walked away as fast as I could and hid,I hid but kept moving. I wanted to be away from them so I hid in the ladies toilets. When I got there, luckily there was nobody in, so I hid in a cubicle and locked the door. I closed my eyes and rested against the wall of the cubicle, after a while I fell asleep.

x-x-x-x-x-x

I woke up to someone banging loudly on the door. The door opened. A man's low voice grumbled. "Gemma if you're in here your Daddy is missing you, please stop playing hide and seek everyone is worried." I tried to keep the erge to sneeze down, unfortunately the sneeze came up just before the man went.

"Is she in here?" I heard my 'Daddy's' voice ask full of worry. The other man grumbled something. I heard banging on my cubicle door, I didn't get up to open it. After a while the banging stopped.

"Gemma, there you are, why did you run from Daddy?" I looked up and saw 'daddy' peeking over the wall of the cubicle. "Gemma open the door please?" Daddy asked me looking a little angry, I was scared of him, so I got up and opened the door. Daddy rushed in and picked me up.

"Right young lady, we are going home right away." Daddy spoke in a very angry tone. He carried me out the mall and to the car where the other men were stood. The car journey home was silent but when we got home Daddy took me straight to my bedroom.

"Gemma why did you run from me, you silly child?" Daddy shouted at me, obviously never treated a misbehaving toddler before. My bottom lip began to quiver and before I knew It I was crying. Daddy looked at me worried before picking me up and bouncing me on his hip trying to get me to stop crying.

"Gem-Gem I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you it's just we were so worried. We couldn't find you, I thought I had lost you forever." My crying slowed and I sniffed.

"Gem-Gem why did you run, we couldn't find you?"

"Daddy, Gem-Gem wanted Momma. Gem-Gem hid so you couldn't find me. Gem-Gem didn't want Daddy find me, that why I hid." I sniffed looking down. Daddy carefully kissed me on the head whilst laughing a little bit.

"Daddy's sorry for shouting, is Gem-Gem sorry?" I nodded before snuggling up into Daddy's neck and gently letting my tiredness overcome me.