Status: Just getting started!

American Idiot

Jesus of Suburbia

“Is this really what I’m becoming?” Johnny said looking shocked.

“Johnny just calm down okay. Just don’t think about it.” I said going over to him and patting his back.

“You’re right. Just…don’t think about it. Yeah, that’s it. Alright, I’m going to go get money and then we’re heading to 7-11 for a while.”

“Okay.” He got up and ran up the stairs. I waited a couple seconds to know he couldn’t hear me. “That wasn’t fucking cool guys.” I looked over at Will and Tunny as they kinda looked concerned; at least they care. Johnny soon came back down stuffing money in his back pocket.

“You coming short stuff?” He said bumping me to the side.

“If you let me shower and get dressed then yes.”

“No no! I want to leave now!” Will said standing up throwing a fit.

“Well someone is grumpy and in a hurry.” I crossed my arms while looking at him.

“I’ll wait with Mellissa while you guys get there with everyone else.” Tunny volunteered.

“Is everyone meeting up there again?”

“You bet!”

“Awesome. Okay since Tunny is nice he’ll stay. We’ll meet up sometime later okay?”

“Alright, see you guys there.” Will and Johnny waved while walking out the door.

“Thanks Tunny.” I gave him a quick hug before running up the stairs and taking a quick shower.

-

After a quick shower and throwing on an outfit, I ran downstairs to see what Tunny was up too. I came upon him watching TV, the news to be exact. I looked over at the TV and saw that it was about the war going on. I rolled my eyes at the thought of it; I hate sending innocent people over to Iraq. For the past couple weeks Tunny as been watching nothing but the news and 60 minutes when it’s about the war. “Tunny?” I said as he jumped and looked at me.

“Why did you do that?!”

“To get your attention.” I sat down next to him while the news changed over to the weather. “Tunny can I ask you something serious?”

“Of course.” He said with that smile of his.

“I’ve noticed over the past couple of weeks that you watch nothing on TV except when it’s about the war. Why do you have such an interest in it?”

“I don’t know. I just want to see what it’s like over there sometimes, ya know? Keep up with what’s going on.”

“Do you ever get the thought of joining the army?” Silence. Complete silence. “Tunny?”

“To be honest at times yes but then I get the thought that I could get killed while over there and I don’t want that to happen.”

“I’m sure nothing bad would happen to you over there Tunny, but I know Johnny, Will, Heather, I and everyone else would miss you so much if you left.”

“I know. I would miss everyone too; but serving our country? It does sounds pretty cool.”

“I guess so. Well we better get going if we want to catch up with Johnny and Will.”

“Alright, let’s go.” Tunny got up, grabbed his keys and walked out the door.

“And don’t forget to apply to the US Army today! Just head over to your local City Hall for more information.” I looked over to the TV and shut it off. The fact of Tunny joining the army risking his life just is shocking to me. The thought is still running through my head and I don’t think it’s going to go away. I just need to think it out like him.

“Mellissa let’s go!” I shook myself out of my train of thought and ran outside to catch Tunny.

7-11

It was just the usual happening at our local 7-11. Nothing new but hanging out with the crew and trust me, there is plenty of us. It was around 8 o’clock and I was wondering where Heather was. She hasn’t called or text me yet, and normally Will knows where she is. So I decided to text her myself.

Where are you? I’m getting worried… It was about 4 minutes later I received a response.

I’m in the bathroom stall in the back of 7-11. Come find me when you get his hun. Don’t tell anyone though. I nodded my head and headed into the store.

“Where you going Mel?” Johnny called out to me.

“Bathroom!”

“Okay sis!” He turned around and continued talking to his friends. I ran to the back stall and opened up the door to see Heather sitting on the floor leaning up against a wall.

“HEATHER. WHAT’S WRONG?! ARE YOU OKAY-” I interrupted myself when I looked over and saw a bunch of pregnancy tests on the top of the sink. “Oh…oh…oh my God. Heather, are you…pregnant?” I went over and sat next to her.

“Mellissa, I am.”

“Oh man oh man oh man. Does Will know?!”

“No, not yet but he will know soon I promise you that.” I nodded and leaned my head on her shoulder.

“Well I don’t care if you have a boy or a girl. I’ll be there to help you no matter what.”

“Thanks Mel, I’m going to need all the help I can get from you and Will. That is if he wants to be a father…”

“He might be. He loves you too much to leave you. Come on, let’s go outside and see everyone else.” Heather nodded and helped herself up throwing away all the tests. When walking outside the parking lot was filled with excitement.

“We are out of here! We’re going to go far away! Where no one can find us! We’re out of this place!” I was shocked, stunned. My own brother was holding what looked like 3 bus passes out of the city. One for him, one for Will and one for Tunny. Heather and I looked at each other then back at the boys. As much as they are excited now, just wait until Heather’s news.

Back at home with Jonny and Mellissa

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU’RE LEAVING?!” I screamed.

“Mel listen…”

“Oh I’m listening all right! And you better have a damn good answer for leaving!”

“Okay, okay just calm down. I know it’s sudden I’m leaving but I just feel I need to get out of here.”

“All of a sudden?! Johnny you can’t leave me! You’re the only one I have left right now…” I began to cry. I don’t understand why though, I should be angry not sad. As soon as he saw the tears Johnny came and wrapped me in a hug.

“I know it is sudden but…I just need to get out. I can’t stand it here. I want to go out on my own and see what it’s like out there.”

“What about me Johnny?! How am I supposed to live?”

“You have Heather to take care of you. And I know you can handle yourself pretty damn well.” I looked up at him. He was right. I would have Heather and a lot of other people, plus I was pretty independent for my age. Maybe I should give him a chance of leaving.

“When do you leave?”

“February 5th. At 9:30am.”

“So I guess I’m going to have to miss school that day?”

“If you want to say goodbye then yes.”

“Alright then…”

February 5th 9:00am

I stood next to Johnny and Tunny as we waited for Will to arrive. I was sick to my stomach about all this. I don’t want my brother and 2 close friends of mine just leaving me like this. I was finally put out of thought when Will and Heather turned up by our sides.

“Dude, I am so fucking excited we’re getting out of here!” Will said putting down his guitar and bags. He gave my brother and Tunny a hug. I walked on over to Heather.

“Well, did you tell him about…you know?” I asked her looking down at her tummy.

“No…I didn’t. I can’t now. Look how happy he is…”

“Heather if you don’t tell him now you’re going to be a single mother and I want the best for you. Please tell him now. Please please please!” She just nodded her head and tapped Will on the back.

“What’s up baby?” He asked with a huge smile on his face.

“Will I have to tell you something serious…”

“What’s wrong?”

“Will I’m…”

“LOOK THE BUS IS HERE!” Tunny yelled. Johnny cheered with glee as Heather just stood there.

“You’re what Heather?” Will asked again.

“Will. I’m pregnant, with your child.”

“WHAT?!” Johnny and Tunny yelled in unison. I gave a shocked looked myself. Will looked even more shocked.

“So there’s a…a thing…growing inside of you…that’s mine?”

“Yes Will and I know you want to go off with Johnny and Tunny and I’m sure I’ll be fine with Mel so just go off on your adventure!” Heather said with a single tear running down her face.

“NO.” Will turned too Johnny and Tunny. “Guys, I can’t leave her like this. I love her and…she has my kid for Christ sake! I’m sorry, but I’m staying here with Heather and Mellissa.” Tunny and Johnny looked even more shocked.

“You know what? That’s your choice. And I respect that.” Tunny said. “We have to go now though.” Hugs were given and long goodbyes were said.

“Be good to them, help them. I’ll write I promise.”

“Wait…no cell phone?”

“No.”

“JOHNNY.”

“No cell phone. I promise I’ll write. I love you Mellissa.” He pulled me into a hug that seemed it lasted forever. This was it, my last goodbye.

“Goodbye Johnny.” He pulled away. Johnny and Tunny picked up their bags and walked onto the bus. As the bus began to pull away, I burst out into tears. My brother is gone. I just hope it’s not for too long.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jesus of Subirbia

hope you all liked :)