Status: Active

Oh.. I guess Lisa hates me!

Chapter 2

I looked up at the door five minutes before the bell rang, and to my surprise, I could see that Jack was standing in the little window-thing.
He was staring everybody down until he saw me. His face lit up and he smiled.
Someone interrupted him and he glanced to the person and smiled before he adverted his gaze back to the classroom.
The next thing I saw was Melody. --My heart began to beat faster and I just wanted to get out of this classroom and hug her.

When Miss Lee announced that class was over, Melody got inside and instead of coming to me, she walked straight over to Miss Lee.
"Hey sis, can I borrow five bucks?" Melody asked.
Miss Lee rolled her eyes and said "Melo, what about remembering to bring your OWN money, so you wouldn't have to beg for mine every day? You don't even borrow it, you just take it and I never get it back."
It finally hit me that Miss Lee was Melody's big sister. I slowly began to walk up to where Miss Lee and Melody were stading.
"Do you have any questions about today's class?" Miss Lee asked me.
I shook my head and pointed at Melody.
Miss Lee frowned her eyebrows but before she got to ask anything Melody said
"She's a friend of mine. I met her at summer camp."
Miss Lee smiled and glanced at the clock.
"Ahh! Okay. But I really have to get going now, girls. Melody, here is your five bucks. I want them back." She warned and handed her sister the money before she left.

"Great! I'm getting hungry!" I thought to myself.
Jack walked into the classroom.
"Come on girls, people are waiting for us!" He said cheerily.
"Coming." Melody mumbled.
"Do you know where your locker is, Brooke?" Jack asked me when I got up beside him.
"Well, I'm not quite sure where it is?" I questioned.
"Okay.. Melody, will you hold seats for us in the cafetaria?" Jack asked.
"Yeah sure, but hurry, okay? I bet everyone wants to get to know her" Melody said and smiled at me.

"What number does your locker have, Miss Miller?" Jack asked.
"number 437." I told him as I glanced up from the paper I was holding that contained all the information I needed to find my way through the school.
The face Jack made looked like he didn't believe what he had just heard. I showed him the paper and asked him what was wrong.
He answered me with a rushed "Follow me, I know where your locker is!"

When we got to my locker, Jack asked "Are you sure this is your locker, Miss Miller?" I double-checked the paper and said
"Quite sure, why, Mr. Barakat?"
Jack began to smile and looked at the locker right beside mine and smacked his hand against it.
"Well, cause this one is mine."
I smiled and said "Wooh, that's awesome, Jack, but really, I don't know how to open it?" Jack laughed.
"What's your locker combination, little Miss Miller?"
I handed him the paper and he showed me how to open my locker.
"Thanks for the help, Jack! Now let's go grab some lunch. I said as I gave him a crooked smile.
"Sounds like a good idea!" He exclaimed and started his walk towards the cafeteria.

I tried to memorise the walk from my locker to the cafeteria as good as I possibly could and when we got there, the room was filled with people.
I couldn’t find Melody in the crowd so I just followed Jack, hoping he knew where she was.
After all, he knew this place better than I did.

"Guys, this is Brooke. She's the new girl." Jack said.
"That's Rian, next to Melody. And to Melody's other side is Kara." He told me.
"Across from Kare there's two seats for us and Elle will be sitting next to either you or me." They all smiled at me when Jack said their names. Some of them even gave me a small wave.
I took a moment to take in everyone's features so I'd remember the names that go with them. At least, that's what I was hoping for."

Jack was long, and, really skinny. With a cute smile. The best way to describe him would probably be.. Jack.
Melody had blond-brown hair. She wore cute glasses on her pretty face. Just like I remembered her.
Then there was Rian, who looked like a tough guy, yet, he got something cute over him. And he had an extremely beautiful smile. His teeth were so white they were almost blinding me.
Next to Rian was Kara. She was tan and I bet she had the darkest haircolor of us all. Even darker than mine.
And then there was Elle. She had really long, dark hair and a pretty face. And if I'm right, she seems just as fun as the others are, or, seem to be.

My thoughts got interrupted as Jack started talking to me again.
"Oh, and then there's Alex, my best friend. But he's not here yet. He'll either be here in a minute or he's having lunch with the cheerleaders. "Jack said.
"Oh Jack, you know you can join me when I'm eating with the cheerleaders." Someone, who I assumed to be Alex, said.

"Alex!" Jack yelled. "I want you to meet someone!" Jack smiled and pushed me in front of Alex.
"Mr Barakat, I feel like a toy when you do that" I frowned, then flashed him a smile.
"Sextoy." Jack corrected me.
"Alex, this is Brooke, and Brooke, this is Alex!"
Alex smiled and introduced himself.
"Hi there. I'm Gaskarth, Alex Gaskarth" He said with a wink.
I tried my best to hide my laughter and answered
"Hello Mr. Gaskarth, I'm Miller. Brooke Miller.
"Dude! You're Alexander William Gaskarth and Brooke, you're Brooke Stella Miller, and, I am Jack Bassam Barakat!" Jack exclaimed.
I smiled and slid in the empty seat at the table. I was starving.
"I'm so hungry. Like, really fucking hungry, like, God damn it!" I said and found the lunchbox mom hade made for me.
She even put a little note in it. I felt like there wasn't any time to read it so I just stuffed it in my pocket and took a sandwich from the lunchbox.

During lunch, everybody kept asking me questions about my life.
About which schools I had been to, about the cities I lived in,...
All of a sudden, somebody yelled my name.
At first I didn't realize that it was my sister, cause, why would she even yell my name for the entire school to hear? Oh, that's right, because she's my sister and she can be annoying like that sometimes.
I turned around and tried to figure out where her voice was coming from, but I just didn't see her.
"Where is she?" I whispered to myself.
"Where is she?" I asked again with a confused expression on my face, louder this time, for everyone at our lunchtable to hear.
Everyone turned their heads, looking for her.
After a few seconds Rian asked
"Wait, who are we looking for?"
I felt like an idiot. "Uhm, my sister. She looks a lot like me, but she has dark-brown hair." I answered.
Alex looked like he knew who I was talking about and said
"Oh, that new girl, Stel.. Sk.."
"Skye." I interrupted him.

Alex pointed and asked “Isn’t that her?”

I turned around and saw my sister walking towards me, I knew what was going to happen next...

“Brooke, why aren’t you picking up your stupid phone?” Skye yelled.

“Well, I don’t really know where my phone is, I might have left it in my locker.” I answered.

Skye looked me in the eyes and made "the sign" before she started yelling at me.
This was something she thought she had to do in order to be accepted as one of the cheerleaders.
It's a good thing I knew my sister as well as I did. I let her yell at me, call me stuff and when she did "the sign", I knew she was almost finished.
I didn't do anything when she slapped me. I didn't even really pay attention to the slap.
It always gained extra points for her. Not for me though. But it was okay. I just had to call her something before running away.

"Stupid bitch!" I yelled and ran away.
I didn't know where the bathroom was, so I probably looked like an idioticly confused rabbit as I tried to remember where I saw the bathroom earlier.
I glanced behind me and got this weird feeling inside my body as I took a look at the people I just had lunch with. Those people were fighting for me, defending me.
Melody and Rian were all up in Skye's and a guy I've never seen before's faces.
Jack had tried to keep up with my running, and Alex was standing beside a girl. A girl I've never seen before. She was holding him like she didn't want to let go of him and as she turned her head, we made eye contact.
There was something about her eyes, something scary.

She kissed Alex.

“Are you okay Brooke??” Jack asked the moment he caught up with me.

I started running again.

I finally saw the toilets and right before I got in there, I looked at the classroom accross it and memorised the number of it, found my phone and texted Skye the number so she'd be able to find me.
Hopefully she'd be here soon.
The bathroomdoor opened and Jack came in. He was out of breath for running after me.

"You were gone all of a sudden so I had to ask if anybody had seen you running." He panted as he took a step closer to me.
My heart skipped a beat as a dry lump formed in my throat. "Don't cry. don't cry, dammit!" I told myself. But I couldn't help it. I started crying anyway.

Jack pulled me into a tight hug.
“Hey, hey, you're okay now, Brooke, you're going to be just fine. Look at me” Jack said.

When I faced Jack he wiped away my tears and smiled at me.

"I know it is, Jack." I'm not crying because of what happened with Skye. That happens all the time. I'm crying because of the fact that you guys stood up for me, nobody has ever done that." I smiled weakly.
"And I was confused because I didn't know where the bathroom was and I had to find it, and this girl looked at me like she wanted to eat my guts or something, it was scary." I was on the edge of a panic attack and didn't realise I was babbling.

"Oh." Jack smiled. "But we're your friends. Friends do that kind of stuff, right?" Jack concluded right before Skye walked in and locked the bathroomdoor.
She didn't give him any chance to ask any questions about the girl I was babbling about.

“I’m so sorry, Brooke, I didn’t mean to hit you so hard!” she explained, suddenly realising that Jack was here too.
“Oh... Hey, didn’t mean to interrupt you two.”

“It’s okay, I just found myself a best friend.” I said and smiled.

Jack smiled at me.
“So, who is going to explain the whole thing for me?” he asked.

“I am” Skye said and continued.
“There is always bad things about wanting to be a cheerleader, it isn’t new for us in anyway, it’s just hard hitting your own sister and then having to be like it’s something you do every day, and especially having to call Brooke all those names but then again sometimes I enjoy calling her names” Skye explained and smiled at jack “And since Brooke is my sister, I always finds her and apologize and helps her, but today was totally different, you guys came right up in my face and were ready to kick my butt, I really enjoyed that. And I’m really happy my sister found friends here as well, hopefully we aren’t going to move again. I like it here”

"You know.. There's always pro's and con's to being a cheerleader. It isn't new for us in any way. I really want to fit in their crowd, Jack, and I don't think I have to explain a cheerleader's personality to you, do I?" She breathed.
"So this is what I do. Picking on Brooke to make myself look like a fearless, powerful girl." She explained.
"It's hard though, hitting your own sister and then having to act like it's something you do every day. Especially calling Brooke all those names. But then again, sometimes I enjoy it." She smiled at Jack.
"I always go looking for her when it just happened tho, and then I apologize and help her, but today was totally different, you guys came right up in my face and were ready to kick my butt." She wore a confused yet amused expression on her face.
"I really enjoyed that." She smirked.
"And I'm really happy my sister made some friends here as well. I really hope we won't have to move again. I like it here."

“Oh well, that explains a lot” jack said sarcastically.

Our conversation was interrupted by the bell.
It was time for my next class and I was still hungry, damnit.

“So what’s on your schedule now?” Skye asked.
“I have English.”

I looked at my schedule and answered her question.
“I have drama, sounds like lots of fun to me.” I replied.

Jack tried his best to explain where my next class would take place, and I found it without any great complications. I greeted all the students as I walked into the classroom and found a seat.

Fifteen minutes after class had started, Alex casually walked into the classroom and he noticed me.
Since the seat beside me was empty, I assumed he was on his way to sit down next to me.