Cool kids never Lie,Outcast's never really Die.

Chapter 3

Toby was lying on my bed, playing with his bluey-black hair, and talking about a show he saw on TV the night before.
“It’s something like rock of love where there are, like, 25 really hot women. I thought heaps of them were just plain old looking. Like grandma-ish.But there was this one girl.Jes was her name. She looked like you, Serah. Except her hair is blonde and pink not Black like yours is. She is so hot.”

“That’s great Tobe” I wasn’t really listening to anything he was saying. I heard something about Grannies, but that’s it. Anyway, why would a 15 year old boy wanna watch a show about grandma’s? That’s just weird.

“And there was this one girl, Brandi, Her boobs were so HUGE, it was so weird!”

“Tobe? Do you think Abbi really wishes she was popular? That would mean hanging out with Kate and Amber. Do you really think she would do that?” I asked

“I really don’t know, Serah. Don’t let it bother you to much. Okay?”

I nodded but continued to think about earlier on, the phones ringing broke my thoughts. I Answered it. “Hello.”

“HI, ITS ME ABBI.GUESS WHAT? IM GOING TO A BON FIRE TONIGHT!!!”

“That grea-”

“WITH AMBER AND KATE!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!!THEY ACTUALLY LIKE ME!!!”

“Are you serious? That’s just weird. Don’t go Abbi.They probably have some prank planned to pull on you”

“What? Why ? They DO like me Serah. They even said so.”

“Aw, c’mon Abbi. Stop being so naïve!”

“Your just jealous.” She spat through the receiver. “Just because they hate you.”

“Goodbye Abigail. Have fun getting bullied”

“What eve-” I hung up before she could finish and swiveled my chair around to face Toby.

“Guess what?” I asked Toby.

“What?”

“Abbi is going to a bonfire tonight.” I said sarcastically sweet

“Cool.”

“Not cool Tobe. She’s going with Kate and Amber.”

He stared at me, shocked “Your kidding, right?”

I stood up and walked over to my bed, collapsing on it and shaking my head. “ I wish I was kidding, Tobe.”

“Traitor bitch.” Toby gasped “Did she invite us?”

“No Tobe. She didn’t”

“Super traitor bitch!”

I lay back and thought for a moment, “What can we do?” I asked myself “what can we do?”

“Go to the bonfire and make sure she doesn’t get hurt.” Toby suggested

“Hmmmm, where is it though?”

“Ring Jeremy and ask. He’ll know.”

And that’s exactly what I did. And since I had my learners I was aloud to drive my dads ute or pick up truck, or what ever you call it. So we drove there as fast as we could and snuck in, crawling along the wall and hiding behind a bush. In front of it Abbi was sitting on a log surrounded my Kate and her clique. And a few boys, chatting away.

“Oh my god, like, do you actually like those two dorks you hang out with?” a girl named Kelly asked

“What are their names, again?” Monica asked “Oh that’s it, Dork and Dorkier”
All the girls giggled, including Abbi.

“So DO you like them?” Kate asked, glaring at Abbi.

“ummm….” Was all Abbi could stutter.

“Yeah DO you” Amber Stared her down.

“Psshh. NO. Why would I like THOSE dorks?!” Abbi laughed
Everyone giggled.

+ + + +

There was a knock on my bedroom door and in walked Abbi.

“Hey guys.” She greeted me and Toby having no idea that we heard her talking about us the night before at the bonfire.

I smiled up at her “ How was the bonfire Abigail? Hang out with Kate and Co while you were there?”

“Ummm…”

“Did Ya’ have fun?” Toby asked, not smiling at all.

“Yeah. I just stopped by to apologize about the phone call last night.” She said looking at her shoes. “Sorry Serah.”

“You have more than THAT to apologize for.” I spat at her “How could you go behind our backs like that? Hanging out with Kate? that’s bad, but not as bad as talking trash about us!”

“What? Serah, I didn’t I swear.” She defended herself.

“Oh you didn’t?”

“NO!”

“You didn’t speak one bad word about us. Your best friends?”

“No. I didn’t. I swear on my life”

“Well I aint coming to your funeral.” Toby muttered

“ Oh so you didn’t call us names?”

“No.”

“How can you stand there and lie to my face?” I demanded “Abbi! I thought we were your friends! Don’t lie to me!”
Toby put his hands on my shoulders, refraining me from jumping on her.
Abbi shook her head.
“So you didn’t tell them that you didn’t hang out with us? That we weren’t dorks?” Toby asked

Her face changed at those words, she drew a breath and closed her lids on dark brown eye’s, a silver tear rolled down her flushed cheek. She nodded her head slowly.

“Get out” Toby said in a sad disappointed voice. “Just leave, Abbi.”

Me and Toby collapsed on the bed as I started to cry.

“I think we just lost our only friend” I sobbed into his chest.

“ I’m sorry guys” Abbi apologized again.

“GET OUT!!” I screamed